watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the bright side

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 24, 2016, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

we are still only 2 points from a play-off place but 7 points from a relegation spot,
and we've now had our rough time and will step into our purple patch.

Also being above QPR is better than being below Brentford.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

jarv

the value of points on the board early in the season cannot be underestimated. However, the free fall must be stopped.

Aaron

The Newcastle result was our purple patch. The majority of our games have been against opposition in the lower reaches of the table and we haven't taken points from anyone in the top half except Newcastle. We've just been beaten 6-1 over two legs with Bristol City, a team In had forgotten were even in the division until I saw them on our fixture list and we appear to be getting much worse despite not actually having changed anything. We also effectively don't have any strikers, at all.

I said the word "relegation" wouldn't come into it this season, but I was wrong.. The bright side for me is that there are probably 3 teams worse than us in the league.

filham

I think we  signed 13 new players in the window and we are made to look 2nd class by Bristol City, hate to think where we go from here.

We have a problem in the striker position, can anyone explain why Bristol City were able to sign Abraham on loan from Chelsea instead of us.

davew

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2016, 09:54:37 PM
I think we  signed 13 new players in the window and we are made to look 2nd class by Bristol City, hate to think where we go from here.

We have a problem in the striker position, can anyone explain why Bristol City were able to sign Abraham on loan from Chelsea instead of us.
Cheaper housing in Bristol and a less volatile supporters forum board!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham76

Quote from: Aaron on September 24, 2016, 05:30:39 PM
The Newcastle result was our purple patch. The majority of our games have been against opposition in the lower reaches of the table and we haven't taken points from anyone in the top half except Newcastle. We've just been beaten 6-1 over two legs with Bristol City, a team In had forgotten were even in the division until I saw them on our fixture list and we appear to be getting much worse despite not actually having changed anything. We also effectively don't have any strikers, at all.

I said the word "relegation" wouldn't come into it this season, but I was wrong.. The bright side for me is that there are probably 3 teams worse than us in the league.

We stayed up last season because we could score goals, we were always capable of scoring which gave us something to hold on to sometimes. A team that scores plenty of goals won't go down even if the defence was crap.

This season, we've got no goals in us & the defence hasn't been improved enough to stop conceding regularly. Not a good combination unfortunately

JamesBCFC

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2016, 09:54:37 PM

I can explain how we got Abraham (and we very nearly didn't!)
Around the end of last season Lee Johnson and Mark Ashton made an approach to get him on loan, Chelsea were unsure so the two of them did a big presentation to some very senior Chelsea people and convinced them we would be a good place for him to go on loan.
Johnson also met with Abrahams family to do the same, and it was agreed early on that if Tammy was going on loan anywhere this year, it would be to us.

It almost never happened because Conte was so impressed with him that he wanted him in the first team for their USA tour, and potentially in the squad this season, so we are somewhat fortunate that he signed on loan the day before the opening game.

mullers

Thanks for the post Roger. It's good to hear the voice of reason on a Sunday morning.