News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm glad I'm oop north on holiday.........

Started by ron, September 24, 2016, 06:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

....because 63 percent possession produced 2 shots, against 37 percent possession producing 10 shots and 4 goals....

Surely every member involved in coaching our mob, and every player must realise what that is screaming out....?   I forgive the management for not realising, because they don't know anything about the game.

Mince n Tatties

I actually believe that he thinks he is managing a Spanish side
like Barcelona, all this tit for tat possession.
We are not going to get anywhere in the Championship playing
like we do.

ron

Quote from: HatterDon on September 24, 2016, 06:54:27 PM
The shot totals were actually 22-20, but carry on. Don't mind me.

I was quoting the bbc "on target" figures......the row z's and the balls floating down the Thames were disregarded in this particular rant.....

PokerMatt

I'm trying to recall the two on target. Does Aluko hitting the bar count? One late on well saved.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 24, 2016, 07:00:28 PM
I'm trying to recall the two on target. Does Aluko hitting the bar count? One late on well saved.

Sesse early on.

PokerMatt

Ah yes. That decent start to the game seems weeks ago now
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bill2

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 24, 2016, 07:00:28 PM
There was the one from Sessegnon one in the first few minutes which was well saved and then in the second half I think it was Cairney had a good shot well saved again down to the bottom right. Apart from that nothing on target just a lot of misses.

Also what the stats don't show is the run by Aluko, beat his man driving into the box then dived trying to get a penalty, any decent goal scorer would have stayed on their feet and tucked it away. What goes on in their heads?

HatterDon

Yes, a 14 hopper that the keeper stops with his breath is a shot on goal, while a screamer that finds crossbar or post is not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It's strange listening to GJ's commentary.
Somehow listening to our attacks I seem to know that it's going to be a 'near miss' 'good defensive tackle, "our 7th corner"
"a good header down to......."  "a finger tip save"  and very occasionally      a  GOAL.
Am I the only one who gets de-ja-vu (or whatever it is)

Poor old Jim today, clutching at straws,  "there's 2 minutes of extra time to go, we're 4-0 down, it's unlikely now that we can salvage a point"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bill taylors apprentice

As the bloke in front of me yesterday said.

" All this tippy tappy football going nowhere just gives the opposition a rest until we give them the ball back when we are out of position, then they can run at us with maximum effort and scare the pants off us until we give them another rest to recover".

terryr

Tap, tap, tap-sideways, sideways, ( repeat 7 times, do not advance the ball) back pass, button tries to dribble around onrushing opposition, barely escaping disaster.
Ball hoofed out of bounds.
Repeat next time, and so on and so on.......
That's our possession