News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we all agreed that 4-2-3-1 has to go !

Started by Riversider, September 24, 2016, 11:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

We can't go in to the QPR game with some misguided belief that all of a sudden Martin or Smith up front by themself is suddenly going to start winning us matches, it isn't !
Certain defeat if we try it again,
So how about 4-3-3 , with a front three of Malone, Kebano, and Aluko (Kebano has already stated that Central is his favourite position to play in )
I would play Odoi at left back (his favoured position ) and Kalas at right back (his favoured position)
Then a midfield 3 to be chosen from Parker, Tunnicliffe, Johansen, LVC , Jozabed and Piazon,
Will it work , I don't know ! But I do know that 4-2-3-1 will bring almost certain defeat,
Malone needs to improve his finishing skills but at least he does have the pace to trouble Onouha at right back,
QPR have got some decent wide players so I would give Sessegnon a rest from left back,
Got a really horrible feeling that next week is when they get their revenge on us.

..FOF..

Not to go.

We need a different formation to be comfortable with so that we can adapt to more strategies.

RaySmith

Just need  the team working together and knowing their roles.

It's not necessarily one lot of tactics or the other, as long as we defend well for a start, and play to our strengths.

Even the greatest teams are built on solid defence- it's like the foundations of the  house.

Though scoring has been our main problem this season, but we keep conceding soft goals from the other team breaking and cutting right through us. And yesterday was obviously terrible defensively.
Roy would set his teams up to defend from the front, and we looked like that early in the season.

Ron91

Baszab

If the full backs/wing backs keep pushing up leaving 2 at the back we are so susceptible to the diagonal ball into the channel - as they scored with their first goal yesterday - no cover from Cairney or Kabano so we are totally exposed - must be a proper 4-4-2 or at least 3-2-3-2

dannyboi-ffc

away games it makes sense but at home a team going for 'promotion apparently' should not play Parker and Mcdonald with one slow static striker.

A point away to Wigan is fine by me and we seem good on the road. Our problems are at the Cottage where we always play 4231.

Hopefully Joka changes it up. We still have time on our side but stubbornness with a system that doesn't work and continues to produce home performances like yesterday will make me go off of the manager I rated so highly very quickly.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

Quote from: Ron91 on September 25, 2016, 04:45:07 AM
The issue is a striker, a clinical one.

I think we have the wrong kind of striker we got big lumps when I think we need mobile

grandad

Time for a 3-5-2 with pace wide & up front. The big lumps have been tried & failed
                                               Button

Madl                         Sig                     Kalas

Odoi         Johansen        Cairney       LVC            Sess

Aluko       Kebano
Where there's a will there's a wife

@jolslover

We should play 433 with a false 9 in my opinion. The less 'strikers' I have to see on the pitch the better  (Smith, Woodrow, Martin)

Or we can give Martin time and not right him off after 4 games.

Either one works for me. 
STH H3

Luka

Quote from: Ron91 on September 25, 2016, 04:45:07 AM
The issue is a striker, a clinical one.

Yep, we've  been playing 4.2.3...know one there!!

filham

We do not now have an effective championship quality striker in the squad and the lack of goals scored at the Cottage is totally unacceptable. Jocanovic has a major problem and his tactics are not working, it is at the moment difficult to see us maintaining a mid table position.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: grandad on September 25, 2016, 09:31:02 AM
Time for a 3-5-2 with pace wide & up front. The big lumps have been tried & failed
                                               Button

Madl                         Sig                     Kalas

Odoi         Johansen        Cairney       LVC            Sess

Aluko       Kebano

Worth trying the 352 for sure.
Would have Kallas on the right madl left and Johansen in the middle though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Riversider

Wouldn't have Sessegnon in that position next week against QPR , I'd have Malone instead,
QPHa have got some decent wide players now and they played well yesterday against Birmingham, I would go with Kalas at right back and Odoi at left back with Malone used in some wide left attacking capacity.

hovewhite

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 25, 2016, 08:34:47 AM
away games it makes sense but at home a team going for 'promotion apparently' should not play Parker and Mcdonald with one slow static striker.

A point away to Wigan is fine by me and we seem good on the road. Our problems are at the Cottage where we always play 4231.

Hopefully Joka changes it up. We still have time on our side but stubbornness with a system that doesn't work and continues to produce home performances like yesterday will make me go off of the manager I rated so highly very quickly.
It is working well in away games so a plan b needed at home games