Main Menu

Team for Forest

Started by @jolslover, September 25, 2016, 11:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 25, 2016, 02:18:50 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 25, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
The changes to make are clear for me, button needs to be dropped as he inspires 0 confidence and the defence look scared to play the ball back to him, he's also not a great shot stopper.

Martin needs to be dropped as he is putting in no effort whatsoever, he barely broke a sweat in any game he;s played for us so far.

if Ayite is fit he needs to start as Kebano offers very little end product and would be better attacking a tired defence.

Sigurdsson doesn't look up to it at all and maybe needs time to train, wouldn't start him, especially after Kalas with Madl were so effective at the start of the season.

For me the team should be (injuries allowing):

Betinelli

Odoi Kalas Madl Malone

Tunnicliffe Parker

Cairney  Aluko    Ayite

Woodrow

Why do people think Tunnicliffe and Parker is the answer as a midfield pairing? No creativity their.
And Woodrow as our goal tooting hero? Oh dear
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Anyone see Bournemouth v Everton highlights, the passion and
team spirit by Bournemouth was fantastic.
Guess what, all 10 outfield players were from our land
9 English and 1 Scot.

Mince n Tatties

Correction..Fraser never played.
10 English outfield players.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 25, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2016, 02:36:57 PM

Good stuff, and they have an English Manager.

Why is that good? I wasn't actually offended, I just think its one of the weirdest opinions in football. English talent is overpriced. English managers aren't very good nowadays and players from the continent available for the same price tend to have much more technical ability.

It all boils down to different views on football, Some like to see workrate, Determination and passion, I dont care for this, Give me 10 Bryan Ruizs over 10 Scott Parkers anyday. I watch football to be entertained. To see Berbatov touch a 40 yard pass down with ease, Not to see Ryan Tunnicliffe run 20 yards and make a crunching tackle
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 02:57:11 PM

Why is that good? I wasn't actually offended, I just think its one of the weirdest opinions in football. English talent is overpriced. English managers aren't very good nowadays and players from the continent available for the same price tend to have much more technical ability.

It all boils down to different views on football, Some like to see workrate, Determination and passion, I dont care for this, Give me 10 Bryan Ruizs over 10 Scott Parkers anyday. I watch football to be entertained. To see Berbatov touch a 40 yard pass down with ease, Not to see Ryan Tunnicliffe run 20 yards and make a crunching tackle

Thats all very good in the top flight, but we'd be stuck in this
League forever playing that way...You have to dig deep in this league
and them guys are not made for it.
Its a different ball game from the premier.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2016, 03:05:39 PM

Do you reckon? I seem to remember Boro and Watford getting out of this league with a team full of foreigners.
Huddersfield and Wolves this season have a team full of foreigners and there both doing alright.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 03:07:50 PM

Do you reckon? I seem to remember Boro and Watford getting out of this league with a team full of foreigners.
Huddersfield and Wolves this season have a team full of foreigners and there both doing alright.

Better class foreigner maybe, ones with a bit of umph to them.
Not easily pushed off the ball tarts like weve aquired.
And Huddersfield had 3 in their side.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2016, 02:17:22 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 01:09:57 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2016, 12:57:09 PM
Did we actually pay 4 mill for Kebano? Him and the other imports
were all poor yesterday.
I said in the window that we needed to sign players from this
Country who have experienced the hurly burly of this league.Some
of these foreign players cant handle it.imo

Posts like this personally offend me, Look at last year, Signed lots of championship experience and we did nothing. Buying abroad is by far the better option when it comes to recruitment.

Not hard to find the same or better for the same money

Odoi - James Husband
Johansen - Rohan Ince
Jozabed - Tom Cairney
Kebano - Sone Aluko
Ayite - Ben Marshall

Johansen - Rohan Ince --- ahahaha. Rohan Ince had terrible technical ability for a CM. He doesnt make Brightons bench. Ben Marshall would have cost a lot more than Ayite. Why are you ruling out these players? They need time to settle.

Marshall was widely reported to be available for the same price we got Ayite for, even less in fact. He's out of contract in 8 months and his manager has come out and said he's not signing a new one. Check your facts

As for Johansen vs Ince I don't care about technical ability. In case you haven't noticed all our technical ability has been got battered yesterday by average championship players and an 18 year old striker who's big, fast and not much else. Johansen was signed as a defensive midfielder (if he's actually an attacking midfielder then he's even more useless because he's about 3rd-5th choice in that role) and as such I want someone to break up play and recycle possession. Currently the only person doing that is a 34 year old who none of us expected to make more than a handful of appearances this season.

Correct !!!

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2016, 03:16:08 PM

I am sure Wolves large number of Portugese imports aren't the strongest. 6 of Huddersfields starting 11 this weekend were foreign.

Also regarding our technical players getting 'battered' yesterday. Johansen was our best player on the day and by the time Jozabed came on the game was already over.
We shall see. Its still early days, I think they will both come good.
Johansen won player of the season in the Scottish league which is arguably an even more physical league than the championship.
STH H3

Chutney

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

I am sure Wolves large number of Portugese imports aren't the strongest. 6 of Huddersfields starting 11 this weekend were foreign.

Also regarding our technical players getting 'battered' yesterday. Johansen was our best player on the day and by the time Jozabed came on the game was already over.
Johansen won player of the season in the Scottish league which is arguably an even more physical league than the championship.

More physical, but much worse ability wise. The championship is unique in that it is filled with good players but also very physical.

Johansen is simply not good enough at either physical play or technical play to survive at this level.
C O Y W

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on September 25, 2016, 03:45:42 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

More physical, but much worse ability wise. The championship is unique in that it is filled with good players but also very physical.

Johansen is simply not good enough at either physical play or technical play to survive at this level.

Except he was our best player on Wednesday and arguably looked better than everyone else yesterday?
STH H3

hopper

Too many conclusions being drawn on players who have played a handful or less games.

Martin was one of the players being called for on here as an ideal player, now everyone has decided he isn't up to it. Experienced in this league etc.

Jozabed came in with great reports, being dismissed for no reason.

Yesterday was horrendous, the tactics seemingly poor. But too soon to draw conclusions on the personnel.

The take on the recent plight of form is that the early form and confidence dropped after that late Chris Wood goal in a game we really really deserved to win. Performances since then have been poor, this was then compounded after Rowett outsmarted Joka. That Birmingham performance I believe has provided the blueprint for all our opponents since, and it is very poor indeed how naive the performances have been since. Its not unforeseeable to consider that pattern continuing until a time that something in our approach chances. The fact it has been for 4-5 games now is a poor indictment and not good enough.

Heads have dropped and there wouldn't appear to be a strong enough core/spirit within the camp to pick themselves up.

Jovanovic has to show some savvy now and do homework on the opposition. I believe technically we are superior to the majority of teams in this league but we are being out thought..

There is so much to be positive about with Joka but this pattern is legitimate cause for concern. Our approach and response to this poor September will tell us what he's really got. My gut instinct of pessism considering the remarkable dip in form makes me feel that he may look and talk the part, but have an arrogance and inflexibility which may be his own downfall. Hope I'm wrong, really do.

westcliff white

The team below, I think, started our first two games and we played well and won (maybe lucky v Newcastle but I will take that). Go back to that team (if all fit) and ease the other lads in.

David Button

Denis Odoi
Tomas Kalas
Michael Madl
Scott Malone

Scott Parker / Ryan Tunnicliffe
Kevin McDonald

Tom Cairney
Sone Aluko
Floyd Ayité

Matt Smith

If I were to change that set up Cairney in the middle Aluko wide
Every day is a Fulham day

hopper

Quote from: westcliff white on September 25, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
The team below, I think, started our first two games and we played well and won (maybe lucky v Newcastle but I will take that). Go back to that team and ease the other lads in.

David Button

Denis Odoi
Tomas Kalas
Michael Madl
Scott Malone

Kevin McDonald

Tom Cairney
Sone Aluko
Floyd Ayité

Matt Smith

Think Ayite is out. Our performances have suffered since he's had injury troubles.

McDonald suspended too...

westcliff white

Quote from: hopper on September 25, 2016, 05:24:32 PM
The team below, I think, started our first two games and we played well and won (maybe lucky v Newcastle but I will take that). Go back to that team and ease the other lads in.

David Button

Denis Odoi
Tomas Kalas
Michael Madl
Scott Malone

Kevin McDonald

Tom Cairney
Sone Aluko
Floyd Ayité

Matt Smith

Think Ayite is out. Our performances have suffered since he's had injury troubles.

did say if sll available, but then tunni for McDonald and kebano or sess for ayite.

Ayite stays wide and that helps us in my opinion

As SJ seems to have said some are taking time to adapt, so lets go back to this and work from it when everyone is available, seems to make sense to me, not my first choice some of these players but they know what the manager wants and gives the others time to adapt and be eased in from the bench

hopper

Quote from: westcliff white on September 25, 2016, 05:31:25 PM
Quote from: hopper on September 25, 2016, 05:24:32 PM

David Button

Denis Odoi
Tomas Kalas
Michael Madl
Scott Malone

Kevin McDonald

Tom Cairney
Sone Aluko
Floyd Ayité

Matt Smith

did say if sll available, but then tunni for McDonald and kebano or sess for ayite.

Ayite stays wide and that helps us in my opinion

As SJ seems to have said some are taking time to adapt, so lets go back to this and work from it when everyone is available, seems to make sense to me, not my first choice some of these players but they know what the manager wants and gives the others time to adapt and be eased in from the bench

Yep makes sense for sure. So many players came in so soon that it is so complicated

sarnian

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Madl could hardly walk off the pitch at the end so imagine could be out for some time and Sessignon had treatment off the pitch in injury time for what looked like a possible hamstring pull. If Kakas is not fit who plays centre half Tuesday

westcliff white

Jims Dentist

were all poor yesterday.
If it is true we paid such a sum for Kabano, Should we have been looking nearer home.
Reading picked up Calum Harriot from Charlton, a similar style, and he has done welll so far.

@jolslover

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 25, 2016, 08:25:31 PM
were all poor yesterday.
If it is true we paid such a sum for Kabano, Should we have been looking nearer home.
Reading picked up Calum Harriot from Charlton, a similar style, and he has done welll so far.

He hasnt really, Been used as more of an impact sub. I rate him though, Good player.

Kebano isnt really a winger. People forget this
STH H3