watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Forest

Started by @jolslover, September 25, 2016, 11:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

After today's disappointment what team would you start against Nottingham Forest? I expect a few Changes. Hopefully Kalas is back. Mcdonald is suspended 

If Kalas is back and assuming Madl is available I would go

Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Malone, Parker Johansen, LVC Jozabed Piazon, Martin

I think it could be healthy dropping Cairney (Who IMO is our best player) because he has been poor recently. 
STH H3

SP

@jolslover

Quote from: SP on September 25, 2016, 11:23:08 AM
Is Tunicliffe injured?

He is not injured, Do you think he should be starting? I personally do not.
STH H3

AlexW132

4-3-3               

Bettinelli
    Odoi       Kalas      Sigurdsson      Malone
         Johansen     Parker(c)     Jozabed
    Aluko               Martin             Kebano

I think this plays to our strengths best.

hopper

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 11:18:09 AM
After today's disappointment what team would you start against Nottingham Forest? I expect a few Changes. Hopefully Kalas is back. Mcdonald is suspended 

If Kalas is back and assuming Madl is available I would go

Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Malone, Parker Johansen, LVC Jozabed Piazon, Martin

I think it could be healthy dropping Cairney (Who IMO is our best player) because he has been poor recently. 

I like this but think there is not enough threat down the wings and could be pedestrian. Kebano looks like he needs to sit out, so perhaps Aluko could play. It's a shame Fredericks is always injured as we could really use him now.

I personally wouldn't play Johansen who was very loose yesterday and this could easily cost us. Would play Tunnicliffe or one of the youngsters.

Think LVC, Piazon or Jozabed are most likely candidates to make key plays for us at the moment.

Cairney, much like last season blows hot and cold which is such a shame. But we certainly have the personnel which means he should be rotated out when out of form. Its a luxury we can't afford to have him as undropable. He's yet to earn that right in my eyes

H4usuallysitting

To be honest I can't see what Martin adds (hope I'm wrong).... I'd start with Smith and Cairney up front.....I'd use Cairney as a number 10........

@jolslover

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 25, 2016, 11:51:17 AM
To be honest I can't see what Martin adds (hope I'm wrong).... I'd start with Smith and Cairney up front.....I'd use Cairney as a number 10........

I'd say Smith is our worst striker. I've said this many a time. Good option to have coming off the bench to lump it too but if hes starting something is very wrong.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2016, 12:27:21 PM
Cannot believe anyone would pick madl over sigurdsson. Abraham chose and made a real effort to stand next to Madl rather than sigurdsson yesterday and it worked because he outmuscled/outpaced madl for his goal. then he got skinned by fat boy tomlin for the second. this on the back of his red card v. birmingham and poor performance in the cup midweek. 

in midfield i'd bring back tunnicliffe. mcdonald has looked awful lately and johansen yesterday was putting a lot of passes stray again.

as for the front 4, agree with dropping cairney for the reasons you say. kebano also looks like a waste of time. don't really have any confidence in jozaved doing much in this league. I'd be inclined to try something completely different

Button

Odoi --- Kalas --- Sigurdsson --- Malone

Tunnicliffe --- Parker

LVC --- Martin --- Aluko

Smith

A midfield of Parker and Tunnicliffe, As much creativity as a bag of cement. Two big lumps up top. Stuff of nightmares. Cruyff is turning in his grave.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Did we actually pay 4 mill for Kebano? Him and the other imports
were all poor yesterday.
I said in the window that we needed to sign players from this
Country who have experienced the hurly burly of this league.Some
of these foreign players cant handle it.imo

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2016, 12:57:09 PM
were all poor yesterday.

Posts like this personally offend me, Look at last year, Signed lots of championship experience and we did nothing. Buying abroad is by far the better option when it comes to recruitment.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 01:09:57 PM
were all poor yesterday.

Posts like this personally offend me, Look at last year, Signed lots of championship experience and we did nothing. Buying abroad is by far the better option when it comes to recruitment.

Sorry but we'll have to disagree.
Last year with the management we had, yes he panic buyed
the wrong players, doesnt mean we wouldn't have got in better from
our leagues this window.
They cant hack it in the championship, Jozabed is a tart
Like Ruiz im afraid...Odoi got bossed yesterday.

Fulham Tup North

were all poor yesterday.

There you go 'Mince' Offending  people again!
Let's just stick with the players who did so well against Birmingham / Burton / Wigan / Bristol City / etc. Law of averages it must pay off eventually!!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 25, 2016, 01:20:34 PM
were all poor yesterday.

There you go 'Mince' Offending  people again!
Let's just stick with the players who did so well against Birmingham / Burton / Wigan / Bristol City / etc. Law of averages it must pay off eventually!!!!

Me offend someone..Never  :022:

Bill2

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 25, 2016, 11:34:16 AM
4-3-3               

Bettinelli

Johansen and Jozabed? NO NO NO. The only good thing if they did play is that if we are in our away strip they may get their passing sorted. They seemed to be always passing to players join red yesterday.

epsomraver

Drop Button, he is a clown, he thinks he is an outfield player and gets caught out, his distribution is rubbish, why is he stopping Marcus getting back in the team? another stats decision?

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
were all poor yesterday.

Not hard to find the same or better for the same money

Odoi - James Husband
Johansen - Rohan Ince
Jozabed - Tom Cairney
Kebano - Sone Aluko
Ayite - Ben Marshall

Johansen - Rohan Ince --- ahahaha. Rohan Ince had terrible technical ability for a CM. He doesnt make Brightons bench. Ben Marshall would have cost a lot more than Ayite. Why are you ruling out these players? They need time to settle.
STH H3

hopper

Quote from: Bill2 on September 25, 2016, 01:30:14 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 25, 2016, 11:34:16 AM
4-3-3               

Bettinelli

Johansen and Jozabed? NO NO NO. The only good thing if they did play is that if we are in our away strip they may get their passing sorted. They seemed to be always passing to players join red yesterday.

Jozabed looks really good each time I've seen him. Keeps the ball and can create. Surely a good option?

Chutney

The changes to make are clear for me, button needs to be dropped as he inspires 0 confidence and the defence look scared to play the ball back to him, he's also not a great shot stopper.

Martin needs to be dropped as he is putting in no effort whatsoever, he barely broke a sweat in any game he;s played for us so far.

if Ayite is fit he needs to start as Kebano offers very little end product and would be better attacking a tired defence.

Sigurdsson doesn't look up to it at all and maybe needs time to train, wouldn't start him, especially after Kalas with Madl were so effective at the start of the season.

For me the team should be (injuries allowing):

Betinelli

Odoi Kalas Madl Malone

Tunnicliffe Parker

Cairney  Aluko    Ayite

Woodrow
C O Y W

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on September 25, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
The changes to make are clear for me, button needs to be dropped as he inspires 0 confidence and the defence look scared to play the ball back to him, he's also not a great shot stopper.

Martin needs to be dropped as he is putting in no effort whatsoever, he barely broke a sweat in any game he;s played for us so far.

if Ayite is fit he needs to start as Kebano offers very little end product and would be better attacking a tired defence.

Sigurdsson doesn't look up to it at all and maybe needs time to train, wouldn't start him, especially after Kalas with Madl were so effective at the start of the season.

Betinelli

Odoi Kalas Madl Malone

Tunnicliffe Parker

Cairney  Aluko    Ayite

Woodrow

Why do people think Tunnicliffe and Parker is the answer as a midfield pairing? No creativity their.
STH H3

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: @jolslover on September 25, 2016, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 25, 2016, 01:58:06 PM

Betinelli

Odoi Kalas Madl Malone

Tunnicliffe Parker

Cairney  Aluko    Ayite

Woodrow

Why do people think Tunnicliffe and Parker is the answer as a midfield pairing? No creativity their.
And Woodrow as our goal tooting hero? Oh dear
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"