watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Out of contract Strikers

Started by grandad, September 26, 2016, 10:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Transfer Market  list 250 out of contract strikers. Surely there must be a couple we could sign for wages only.
that could do a better job than what we have at the moment.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

westcliff white

its not just wages is it thoughm the signing on fee, the agents fee, and are they really going to be any better. They are free agents for a reason
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on September 26, 2016, 12:36:20 PM
its not just wages is it thoughm the signing on fee, the agents fee, and are they really going to be any better. They are free agents for a reason
Also fitness wise going to take them a month maybe to get up to speed.

Riverside

I see we have 3 options

1) swap Martin for Smith - it was working better at the beginning of the season
2) change the formation and have 2 up front . Woodrow and either Martin or Smith
3) trust the youth and give Humphrys a go . Worked with Dembele but that was with 2 up front

westcliff white

Humprys is a head of Woodrow in my selection process at present, I would go Martin and HUmphry, if we went two up front.
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: Riverside on September 26, 2016, 02:11:22 PM
I see we have 3 options

1) swap Martin for Smith - it was working better at the beginning of the season
2) change the formation and have 2 up front . Woodrow and either Martin or Smith
3) trust the youth and give Humphrys a go . Worked with Dembele but that was with 2 up front

1- Martin is basically an upgraded version of Smith, the better player. Smith would not be getting anymore goals than Martin is and I find it baffling how anyone can rate him. More movement from a lampost
2- Our strikers are not good enough to play two up top. Would be a waste considering the quality we have in attacking midfield, a 4231 or 433 is definitely the formation we have that plays to our strength
3- Dembele then was much better than Humphrys is now. He is not ready or he would have been given a chance. Slavisa worked with him all pre-season and knows him a lot better than we all do.
STH H3

filham

We all recognise that McCormac was worth a lot to us for the goals he scored but remember the number of assists he achieved, we need to replace him on two counts.

Bracken White

Believe that Smith receives unnecessary disrespect here. Big CF players need nifty '2nd' forwards who can play off them. Both Martin/Smith need a proper strike partner be it either Woodrow/Piazon/Humphrys. We are not comparing like with like, however it is true, McCormack's class is a huge loss. Dembele benefitted hugely from it. Also, to quote Andy Gray "You gotta gamble." We do not have players who bust a gut to get into scoring positions - Sessegnon's succession of crosses 1st half are a testimony to that.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

davew

I would like to see us play a match with none of "of our recognised strikers", we wouldn't score any fewer goals! As for the formation, perhaps Aluko as the main striker supported by Cairney and 1 of the other newbies, so what I think I am saying is a 4 3 3 set up.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Barcelona rarely play with any big units up front, do they?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)