watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's ultimate one season wonder?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 27, 2016, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I'm gonna go for Riether. I genuinely thought he was a debate worth having comparing with Finnan but the second season he was a different person both for ability and attitude.

Controversial one would be Gera. With the injury to AJ he was definitely a case of right player at the right time but other than that amazing season he was a squad player who scored the odd good goal but never reached the same heights.

Third place goes to Diop. Unbelievable 1st season where he really was the wardrobe and scored several wonder goals. After that I think it's debatable to say he did anything other than average and probably why he never gets in any favourite/greatest elevens.

I'm guessing Viv Busby after speaking to older fans about the 75 cup run but that's a guess.

Can anyone beat Riether?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

jarv

NJFulham

The Rock

Erik Nevland the super sub. Kasey Keller that goal keeper during the great escape.

keith

The Rock

Collins John 2005-06? That is a one-hit wonder right there.

The Rock

Quote from: keith on September 27, 2016, 02:25:51 PM
Quote from: jarv on September 27, 2016, 01:29:27 PM
no contest...GEORGE BEST.
YEP.

But George Best was a legend. Collins John fell off the face of the earth. That is a real one season wonder.

Ged

Cant remember How long he was with us but Pogrebnyak was a player i had high hopes for

Tonywa

Pogrebnyak was too slow to carry on scoring regularly in the Prem. The only game he really looked lethal in was when he scored that hat trick against Wolves when, if memory serves, he was marked by Richard Stearman!

filham

I am still waiting for LVC to find the form he showed in his early matches, just hoping it happens soon.

ron

The Mexican left back whose name escapes me....I'm totally preoccupied listening to the forest game.......hopeless due home sickness after a brilliant start

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 27, 2016, 09:44:17 PM
Quote from: ron on September 27, 2016, 09:29:09 PM
The Mexican left back whose name escapes me....I'm totally preoccupied listening to the forest game.......hopeless due home sickness after a brilliant start

Yes the Mexican left back was  fish out of water. I don't think he wanted to be here, was glad to see the back of him.
Carlos Salceido I think his name was...came across him at the weekend watching Italian football - I think he was playing for Fiorentina!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Artful Dodger on September 27, 2016, 09:56:44 PM

Yes the Mexican left back was  fish out of water. I don't think he wanted to be here, was glad to see the back of him.
Carlos Salceido I think his name was...came across him at the weekend watching Italian football - I think he was playing for Fiorentina!

I saw him at the 2012 Olympic Final at Wembley, where he played centre midfield and played incredibly well
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

General

Carlos Salcido.

General

Zamora could go down as a one season wonder for most fans.

Snibbo

Right now I'd be happy with a one season wonder striker

RaySmith

Jerome Bonnisel - did he even make a full season?

Peter Marinello

Johnny Byrne

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on September 28, 2016, 01:49:08 AM
Jerome Bonnisel - did he even make a full season?

Peter Marinello

Johnny Byrne

I reckon Bonnisel played about 15 games for the club. What a player though. Very similar to the Diarra situation. Possibly the best fulham player to never play at Craven Cottage as it was the Loftus Road era
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

King_Crud

Quote from: Artful Dodger on September 27, 2016, 09:56:44 PM

that's not him, ours was Carlos Salcido, the bloke playing for Fiorentina in Carlos Salcedo. Completely different!