watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fishing - Whats That About Then?

Started by White Noise, August 22, 2010, 07:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

My lads are starting to show an interest in Britains most popular pastime but I know sevenths eighths of Fanny Adams about it. Why is it is so popular?

What enjoyment do people get from fishing? Is it just an excuse to get away from the missus or the real world or is there actual pleaure in the sport itself?

YankeeJim

Fishing is the world's greatest excuse to start drinking at breakfast. Nuf said.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FatFreddysCat

Ask them weirdos, Wadey, Shadey, Ska and Admin. Total snoresville. I'm convinced it's really a sort of gay dogging thing.

finnster01

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 22, 2010, 08:18:54 PM
Fishing is the world's greatest excuse to start drinking at breakfast. Nuf said.
Mr Jim,
I do still happen to prefer the early kickoff featuring Fulham NY time. No fish or excuse required.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

White Noise  its greaT fun

me and wadey fish for the Fulham Fishermans club..

Heres the link to the web site

http://www.ffc2005.co.uk/

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mrska on August 24, 2010, 07:14:08 PM
White Noise  its greaT fun

me and wadey fish for the Fulham Fishermans club..

Heres the link to the web site

http://www.ffc2005.co.uk/
Gay dogger.

AmericanJames

Its peaceful heading out on the boat and just tossing a line in, its a good way to spend time with friends/ your kids, and depending on what you're fishing for it can end up in having the wifey cooking a nice fish dinner when your done. Plus you can beat an activity where drink is expected.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

SHADY1

Encourage it mate ... great past time and will keep them off the streets ... I know many don't see it as a sport and i probably agree ... but as a challenge and trust me it is theres not many better feelings than catching a personal best or lifting out a bulging net....
It's the biggest participation sport for a reason and people spent and earn serious money out of it ....

IF i had to give up football or fishing i'd stop watching football.

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SHADY1 on September 16, 2010, 06:18:10 PM
Encourage it mate ... great past time and will keep them off the streets ... I know many don't see it as a sport and i probably agree ... but as a challenge and trust me it is theres not many better feelings than catching a personal best or lifting out a bulging net....
It's the biggest participation sport for a reason and people spent and earn serious money out of it ....

I hear the Catholic church do weekend fishing trips for young street kids, no parents allowed and no need to bring anything as the priest will give them his rod.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 16, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

I hear the Catholic church do weekend fishing trips for young street kids, no parents allowed and no need to bring anything as the priest will give them his rod.

Not called for Mr Fred :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 16, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Fred, be nice!

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on August 22, 2010, 07:26:53 AM
My lads are starting to show an interest in Britains most popular pastime but I know sevenths eighths of Fanny Adams about it. Why is it is so popular?

What enjoyment do people get from fishing? Is it just an excuse to get away from the missus or the real world or is there actual pleaure in the sport itself?

Mr. WhiteNoise,

Fishing is one of the finest ways to spend time that exists. I don't drink a drop, so I don't speak from the desire to start hitting the adult beverages early in the day.  :dft009:

For me, the biggest part of fishing is being with my kids in the outdoors. Time to teach, spent time, and just be with them. If you are fishing, you are either at the ocean, a lake or stream so the setting is usually pristine and peaceful.

The activity of fishing or more importantly catching a fish, depending upon how serious you are, is as scientific or happenstance as you make it.

I think, like anything, the more you do it, the more strategic it becomes, and the catching of the fish becomes more craft than luck. So, catching a fish is like winning a prize initially and then it becomes more like winning the battle between you and the fish. Either way a great rush and good feeling.

The look in your kid's face, when they catch their first fish, will be pure joy and amazement, too bad we can't always look at life through their eyes. Anyway that feeling never really dies with fishing, each fish takes you one step closer to that perfect day and even if you catch nothing, it is still time well spent.