https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bottom 3 by xmas....

Started by jarv, October 01, 2016, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: AlexW132 on October 01, 2016, 09:35:50 PM
Quote from: Peabody on October 01, 2016, 05:23:20 PM
Can somebody please explain to me exactly how we replace the owner?

Show him that you want him out, banners, protest groups, anti Khan propaganda. However, as we are seeing in the case of Villa and Blackburn and Charlton, it doesn't really end up well.
and who are you going to replace him with, does anyone know for a FACT that he has turned down any requests for money for players ?. We lost the game yesterday because the manager by taking off Cairney and Parker, gave the midfield and the attacking option to them. You put Smith up front and you need another foward close by because Smith knocks the ball down, if there is no one there then what is the point?.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hopper

Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2016, 02:09:23 AM
October:

QPR home - lost
Barnsley away
Norwich home
Villa away
Huddersfield home

I can't see us getting a single point this month

Can see us performing well again and getting cheeky wins in matches where we are against teams that we aren't expected to beat, as with the Newcastle game. Hopefully could improve concentration with defence and most importantly - finishing.

Twig

Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2016, 04:45:36 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't see us as bottom 3. I think we have more quality than the last two seasons, and the reality is we are only a "January-signing-of-a-proven-goalscorer" away from being a top-half team.

Not to take away from our problems, which were amply shown in spades today, but I just don't see us being as bad as the last two seasons.

Sorry Burt but the chances of signing a proven goalscorer in the winter window are very low indeed. We all knew that but our tight arse chairman refused to spend the money this summer and now we will suffer all season.

Twig

Quote from: alfie on October 02, 2016, 10:06:21 AM

Show him that you want him out, banners, protest groups, anti Khan propaganda. However, as we are seeing in the case of Villa and Blackburn and Charlton, it doesn't really end up well.
and who are you going to replace him with, does anyone know for a FACT that he has turned down any requests for money for players ?. We lost the game yesterday because the manager by taking off Cairney and Parker, gave the midfield and the attacking option to them. You put Smith up front and you need another foward close by because Smith knocks the ball down, if there is no one there then what is the point?.

Sorry Alfie but did you not realise that Parker could not continue? Hardly the manager's fault. 

alfie

Quote from: Twig on October 02, 2016, 12:34:51 PM

Sorry Alfie but did you not realise that Parker could not continue? Hardly the manager's fault.
Fair point, but i did not see why Cairney was taken off
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

NogoodBoyo

There can be no doubt Parker going off took the wind completely out of our sails.  The midfield was completely disjointed after his removal.
This team is really starting to struggle on the confidence front.  Playing against stronger teams may well put less pressure on us; it could be the catalyst we need.  God knows we need something or we will be staring at "regulation" as I once heard it described.
Nogood "regulate that, isit" Boyo

AlexW132

I'm not saying we should, I'm just saying that's how you'd go about it

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: AlexW132 on October 02, 2016, 09:11:05 PM

Barracking this owner would be counter-productive.  He has money, he isn't a lunatic like the Blackburn lot or even Lerner.   As clueless as he is with regard to football management, I believe he needs to buy the services of a real mentor.  A retired manager who has succeeded at the highest level and who can tell him in confidence what he needs to do to right this ship.  It needs to start with the Board.  His son has no place there.
Nogood "are you experienced, isit" Boyo

AlexW132

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 02, 2016, 09:17:42 PM

Barracking this owner would be counter-productive.  He has money, he isn't a lunatic like the Blackburn lot or even Lerner.   As clueless as he is with regard to football management, I believe he needs to buy the services of a real mentor.  A retired manager who has succeeded at the highest level and who can tell him in confidence what he needs to do to right this ship.  It needs to start with the Board.  His son has no place there.

Didn't we try that with Curbishley? Don't know what happened to him

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: AlexW132 on October 02, 2016, 09:41:48 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 02, 2016, 09:17:42 PM

Didn't we try that with Curbishley? Don't know what happened to him
We did,but Curbishley's opaque job description was more geared to helping Kit grow and develop.  My view is that it's Kahn who needs an education.  His  business experience in auto parts is obviously unsuitable to owning and running a sports club (as evidenced by the results on both sides of the pond).
Nogood "he needs help, he do" Boyo

SP

jarv

Could not agree more.....funny old game, football, isnt it?

Fulham Tup North

:wow: One win and we are flying.
Looking forward to Norwich Tuesday.  Great test for us! 
COYW    :clap_hands:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"