News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok so what can we do differently to win?

Started by F(f)CUK, October 02, 2016, 10:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

We are toothless up front but we cannot do anything about that until January. So what can we do differently? For me, the return of Kalas and McDonald are the most important aspects right now to improve our defence again. We then have to recover some of the intensity that we had against Newcastle. Finally we have to be ready to move the ball deeper at times to make the opposition think twice about pressing up on our defence.

EN1 FFC

Kick towards the Hammersmith End in the first half.

gang

There's a thing at both ends with nets on, I think if we kicked a ball at it, instead of in that general direction, that would help.

H4usuallysitting

McDonald always gives us an out, and yes we do miss him.... I still cannot for the life of me work out why Smith doesn't start, nope hes not going to give us bundles of goals, but yes, he's better than the Martin we currently have

FFCFOREVER

Go with a 3-5-2 formation with 2 wing backs, front pair of Piazon and dare I say it, Martin

DevonFFC

actually play with wide men who don't drift to the middle of the park. And if Smith is winning headers pack players round him to latch on to the knock downs. Malony yesterday was isolated on the left and more often than not in the first half had 2 men to handle

hopper

Get players to aim at center of goal and allow for deviation rather than aiming for corners and completely missing. Would score far more goals.

Riversider

With McDonald playing yesterday we would have definitely got at least a point, can't believe that either Cairney or Aluko would have taken a penalty with KMac on the field,
I think the return of Fredericks in the next match will make a big difference , were crying out for a right sided player with pace to get in behind the full back,
I'm happy to keep Odoi at right back and use Fredericks out on the right wing

Twig

Tell our wide players that they will be fined from their wages every time they drift inside.

Get Ayite back as soon as possible.

Drop Martin and Smith to the under 23s tp try and find some form and give Stephan Humphreys a chance up front.

Play Sessegnon because his pace will always terrorise Championship defences.

Get LVC on the bench.

Riversider

You do know that Sevie Humphreys doesn't even start for the U23's don't you ?

grandad

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on October 02, 2016, 11:54:11 AM
Go with a 3-5-2 formation with 2 wing backs, front pair of Piazon and dare I say it, Martin

:plus one:
I have been wanting this for a few weeks now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

Quote from: Riversider on October 02, 2016, 12:51:51 PM

He has started a couple of times, and came on as sub in all other matches and is top scorer for them atm I believe. The U23s is about player development; just because he isn't starting every match it doesn't mean he isn't a great prospect. It is his first year fully with the U23's also.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: gang on October 02, 2016, 10:53:06 AM
There's a thing at both ends with nets on, I think if we kicked a ball at it, instead of in that general direction, that would help.
:drums:
Yea I'm with you.
Are you talking about those two sets of vertical white sticks that support a white horizontal stick between them that are placed either end of the pitch?
I think they are called "goals" and if you aim inside the space of 8 feet by 24 feet you have a better chance of scoring what is called a "goal".

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on October 02, 2016, 01:38:23 PM

that actually makes us less of an attacking threat. no doubt you had a midfield trio of parker mcdonald and maybe tunni in mind. with two defenders as the wing backs. so one keeper five defenders, two dm's and a box to box. with just two strikers (no doubt one of them being eey or yore) as our actual attacking threat
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2016, 01:52:31 PM

that actually makes us less of an attacking threat. no doubt you had a midfield trio of parker mcdonald and maybe tunni in mind. with two defenders as the wing backs. so one keeper five defenders, two dm's and a box to box. with just two strikers (no doubt one of them being eey or yore) as our actual attacking threat
Defence of Kalas Sigurdsson Madl.Have a midfield of Parker Tunners Cairney.Fredericks(due back next game but maybe a bit rusty) and Malone as wing backs and Pizon and  Martin front 2.Hell we got to try something new.

Riversider

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 02, 2016, 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 02, 2016, 12:51:51 PM

He has started a couple of times, and came on as sub in all other matches and is top scorer for them atm I believe. The U23s is about player development; just because he isn't starting every match it doesn't mean he isn't a great prospect. It is his first year fully with the U23's also.

Which all kinda makes my point that we shouldn't be turning to him just yet for first team duties, let's let him earn his stripes at U23 level first instead of fast tracking him in to first team football

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on October 02, 2016, 02:20:15 PM

Defence of Kalas Sigurdsson Madl.Have a midfield of Parker Tunners Cairney.Fredericks(due back next game but maybe a bit rusty) and Malone as wing backs and Pizon and  Martin front 2.Hell we got to try something new.
the only thing new there is fredericks. All the others will still be doing pretty much what they have been anyway. Malone constantly goes up and down.  Cairney spends more time in the middle than wide. Piazon and Martin together, well they made a hash of it yesterday. If we want to change things we need to really change things. Not just get the players to do the same but pretend it's different from what they are already doing

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2016, 02:41:00 PM

the only thing new there is fredericks. All the others will still be doing pretty much what they have been anyway. Malone constantly goes up and down.  Cairney spends more time in the middle than wide. Piazon and Martin together, well they made a hash of it yesterday. If we want to change things we need to really change things. Not just get the players to do the same but pretend it's different from what they are already doing
Fair do's.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on October 02, 2016, 02:59:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2016, 02:41:00 PM

Fair do's.
Sorry mate that wasn't a dig at you in any way.just personally don't see much change in that

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2016, 10:40:32 AM
McDonald back? not sure about that one. prefer tunni at the moment

Moving the ball deeper? I didn't think we could get any deeper than Button and the back 4.

IMO play the same starting XI as yesterday and rely on the fact that we'll never have such bad luck as that at any game ever again

Only changes I'd make would be Kalas back in if he's fit... And maybe drop Odoi because he's looking poorer every week (Madl/Fredericks at RB)

All good points and the third one crucially so.