watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Danny Murphy debate

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 06, 2016, 05:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

What have we done to upset him?..... Maybe it might be he's not on the payroll anymore??

St Eve

H4usuallysitting

He keeps having digs at us from his position of media starlet

FFCFOREVER

Probably sour grapes from not landing the managers job before Joka took over.

bog

I think he has good memories of his time at the club and does not like to see us struggle. I would have him back as an assistant manager right now. Should have been given a chance next t Jol.

092.gif

H4usuallysitting

Anyone know if he's done his ' badges'?

RaySmith

He's said that he feels the club treated him badly at the end of his time at Fulham - because, he said, they wouldn't offer him the length of contract he wanted, and thought he deserved.

win-dup

Perhaps we should be grateful that he is mentioning us at all. Apart from a piece in the Mail(?) a couple of weeks ago we are never mentioned anywhere. Thank God someone in the media is annoyed by our clownish owner and his disastrous stewardship.

AlexW132

I think he heard him say Re the Berahino situation at West Brom on MOTD that at one point he was unhappy at Fulham and wanted to leave.

cmg

Quote from: RaySmith on October 06, 2016, 06:24:16 PM
He's said that he feels the club treated him badly at the end of his time at Fulham - because, he said, they wouldn't offer him the length of contract he wanted, and thought he deserved.

That would be a disappointingly immature view from a bloke who was a terrific player for us and seemed to be a seasoned pro. He should surely know what football is like.

He certainly did nothing after leaving us to encourage the view that it may have been a mistake not to have offered him a longer contract.

He was finished when he left us. Happens to everyone eventually.

HatterDon

He's absolutely correct. In an effort to keep out-year expenditures down [and thereby keep the cost of doing business for a prospective new owner down] he, Dembele, Zamora, and Dempsey were pushed out the door by MAF and the board. It was a business decision, but one which cost us our playing spine and our on-the-pitch leadership. We're still paying the bills for MAF's decision to sell.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2016, 10:12:15 PM

He's absolutely correct. In an effort to keep out-year expenditures down [and thereby keep the cost of doing business for a prospective new owner down] he, Dembele, Zamora, and Dempsey were pushed out the door by MAF and the board. It was a business decision, but one which cost us our playing spine and our on-the-pitch leadership. We're still paying the bills for MAF's decision to sell.
he wasn't pushed out, he was offered a one year deal, and I wouldn't have offered that as he had nothing left in him. So he stung Blackburn instead and gave nothing in return.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Finished when he left us ? He was finished when he came to us and  Roy resurected his career having been at Charlton and then Spurs without playing much. He should be eternally grateful to the club for that !!!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: colinwhite on October 07, 2016, 05:53:36 AM
Finished when he left us ? He was finished when he came to us and  Roy resurected his career having been at Charlton and then Spurs without playing much. He should be eternally grateful to the club for that !!!!

Correct.

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2016, 10:12:15 PM

Sorry Hatter but you are absolutely incorrect.

toshes mate

I think DM is genuinely concerned for the Club as many previous Fulham players have indicated to.  He has always talked us up when commenting at games and shows his great grasp of the game he played so well.  But, as Gary Neville found it, talk and do are two different things.   Fulham just need to do the hard work to recover their proximity in the media, and, if my reading of SJ's handling of the team is correct it'll happen soon.   It may be a big 'if', but I believe I have seen some of the good things SJ has done to make this team start to gel properly.  Perhaps DM gives praise where it is due and no one can blame him for that.   

EN1 FFC

Murphy always says how much he enjoyed his time at Fulham, but there was a fall out with his last contract, but I think he got over that, he generally says good things about Fulham. But it's the present set up he doesn't like after being asked to sit on the 5 man managerial committee. I suspect he's fallen out with certain staff management, as he says although he lives close to the ground, he doesn't go to games anymore as there is not a welcoming atmosphere for him. 

Keynsham

I think that Fulham fans have a much higher opinion of Danny Murphy than Danny Murphy does for Fulham.

I always have thought that too.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Keynsham on October 07, 2016, 10:21:17 AM
I think that Fulham fans have a much higher opinion of Danny Murphy than Danny Murphy does for Fulham.

I always have thought that too.
Well yes,  he's Mr Liverpool isn't he.

HectorWeso

post playing career, murphy is a complete fraud. If you want him anywhere near management, you are off your rocker