News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm wondering how many people on here that I didn't meet........

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 08, 2016, 02:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

......and may have stood beside, at away games, from 1996 - 2002

as examples:

Mansfield - (and who was the guy wandering up and down the road giving us swigs of shampoo as we
struggled to get away from the ground)

Plymouth - Boxing Day - got soaked

Cambridge - listening for Wigan updates

Carlisle (of course)

Doncaster (when the media stand nearly collapsed)

Wrexham (2-3) times

Wycombe - "Conroy from .............."

Lincoln - where I nearly got slapped by a local in the car park, who went off on me because we were 'lucky'

etc......etc
----------------------------------------

Luton (Moody - hatrick) etc.........etc
---------------------------------------------------------

and then it seemed to get serious, although it was a great 'ride' with Peschi, Beardsley, Trollope, Coleman etc
and then more serious as we sensed something special and home gates began to escalate, but still the weeds grew
at the Putney End where I first met Deano the Fulham Fan !!

-------------------
then the appointment of Keegan and the journey from Leigh Railwaymen's Club to Villa and Man Utd

-----------------------------
from then it was a rollercoaster, but I can't help fondly remembering those 'recovery days' and wondering
who else on here was 'with me'

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Old Count

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 08, 2016, 03:17:51 AM
I went to Field Mill Mansfield with a girlfriend on a freezing very misty January midweek match on a Tuesday back in around 1969/70, when we won 3 2, after being 2 1 down. Also went to Mansfield about 1976/77 when we lost 2 1 on Boxing Day, after being 1 0 up, the memory fades, so I may be a little out on the particular year.

I remember that Mansfield game because in the programme for the previous home game there was a notice that said, 'For those travelling to Mansfield by train we advise you that there is no train station at Mansfield.' 

Mince n Tatties

I was the guy right behind you at Cambridge telling you to turn your transistor radio down a bit as I had a headache with all the noise the thousands of White's fans were making. 049:gif

Mince n Tatties

Funny you mentioned Lincoln, there was one of their
fans worked at Thompson Jones stables with me in
Newmarket, he always wanted to fight people..Must
be something in the water in the Fens..

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 08, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
I was the guy right behind you at Cambridge telling you to turn your transistor radio down a bit as I had a headache with all the noise the thousands of White's fans were making. 049:gif

What's a transistor radio ?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 08, 2016, 07:14:59 PM
Funny you mentioned Lincoln, there was one of their
fans worked at Thompson Jones stables with me in
Newmarket, he always wanted to fight people..Must
be something in the water in the Fens..

I could have understood it if the guy had been a 'thug' but the guy that was having a go was 60 ish and smartly dressed
in a Lincoln green sackcloth outfit.

love4ffc

I was not there with you Roger during that period.  Really wish I could of but, I was there with you in Florida and it's obvious your Fulham through and through. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

Cambridge away that incredible day out must be one of the few times when our away support outnumbered the home support.  Similarly, Wimbledon at Selhuurst Park when we took about 7000 but can't think of any other times we've done this?