watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most positive FFC forum tonight

Started by BedsFFC, October 15, 2016, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Bout right I should think,BBC reporter impressed with us.

One Martin Thomas

I think if Kalas was playing, we may have won that match 4 - 0.  Their goals were a gift and stemmed from us overplaying the ball .  We overplay in attack and we overplay around the defence.  Technically we were superior, but could have lost the match as we did against QPR.

bog

That was good to read!!!   :clap_hands: :yay: 082.gif

092.gif

Wingnut

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 15, 2016, 08:06:49 PM
Bout right I should think,BBC reporter impressed with us.

Was at the game and we were the better side with a fair bit to spare. In agreement with a previous poster, it was very similar to the QPR game. We took our chances this time round, thankfully.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

"SirPhsycoSexy'  what a great name for a Barnsleyite
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Snibbo

I like this one:

I've seen every game and think Fulham are probably the best team I've seen. Some guy behind me was blaming the referee, but the game had gone before scowen walked.

Fulham played us off the field from start to finish.

RaySmith

I was lucky enough to be there to witness this wonderful display, but it looked for a bit like we were going to throw all our dominant play away-again, and Barnsley would at least get something from the day - something they didn't deserve.

Fair play to the lads though - for producing  a magnificent , battling display to  fight back and win.
Great football + mental toughness and  battling mentality = success (hopefully)!

And well done for the Fulham fans for tuning up in numbers and  making so much noise to help the team.
A brilliant day.

General

A few of my favourites..

've seen every game and think Fulham are probably the best team I've seen. Some guy behind me was blaming the referee, but the game had gone before scowen walked.

Fulham played us off the field from start to finish.

Particularly liked the perspective of this one... even if it had little to do with Fulham..

There's approx half a dozen teams at least we can expect to reasonably finish in front of imo.
No need for any panic yet nor doom and gloom.
The gulf in expectation of some of the teams like Fulham ,Newcastle etc because of the calibre of players is gonna be overwhelming at times and I expect us to succumb in some games like today for instance ,but well overachieve in others as we did against QPR .
No bubble has burst nor have we been found out .
We are doing just what I expected a hard working inexperienced honestly funded team as ours to do.

and

I agree. Fulham were outstanding today. Best side I've seen so far although didn't go to Brighton. Parker completely bossed the game and their touch and passing was shockingly good. On that performance they are a top six team. We will recover and we will have better days.

ScalleysDad

The Barnsley forum is a good read over a cup of tea and it is a clear mirror of what all the forums, including ours, are about. There is doom aplenty with the occasional well thought out point about an inability to counter tactics and employ a plan B. One guy points to the parachute payment clubs. I had thought about it being wasted during our slide but I never really factored it in for those coming up from Division One who are at such a massive disadvantage from day one. I suspect that debate on the Villa forum would be worth a look.
I believe I have posted that our warm ups were better than our match performances and one of the Barnsleyites posted something similar. I wonder if we all have a clone reading and writing on forums when they are supposed to "be busy".

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Nice to read some well thought out genuine comments without malice or grunting
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

PokerMatt

Yep, indeed they have all types. Including the classic rose-tinted apologist.

"We were not outclassed. More cannily denied any opportunity to get into our stride, but for the first 15 minutes, by being outnumbered in midfield by an experienced, cynical Fulham team, who had more than a bit of luck, with their 1st and 3rd goals. We were worryingly ground down and exposed, though the classier bits of football I can remember came from us. We did score two very good goals..."

How about the first coming from an assist from our centre-back? And in fact the ref booking our players for first fouls on 2/3 occasions? Cynical? That's one of two areas where we need to improve, I think.
Follow me: @mattdjourno