watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Magath

Started by bog, October 17, 2016, 07:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I see that Stekelenbeg has gone on record as saying that basically that daft twit Magott did not want him at the club.... :doh: I have a friend who is  a big Everton fan and he says he looks a top quality keeper...thanks Maggot. 

092.gif

westcliff white

Magath didnt want Stek, Mitro or a few others. I have said before I was fortunate enought o meet Mitro several times (he lived next door to a mate of mine in Fulham) and he said to me often he treats those he doesnt want like kids and sends them to train on their own (not even with the youth team) and doesnt talk to them.

Anyway thats the past we now have to hope the current sqaud can do the business
Every day is a Fulham day

Jamie88

I have a suspicion that Stek didn't want to be here anyway after our relegation

Alexis

He could have been the next Van de Sar if it weren't for his injuries and Magath.
Fulham 来了!

f321ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2016, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: bog on October 17, 2016, 07:10:15 AM
I see that Stekelenbeg has gone on record as saying that basically that daft twit Magott did not want him at the club.... :doh: I have a friend who is  a big Everton fan and he says he looks a top quality keeper...thanks Maggot. 

092.gif

The club have to take the majority of the blame for not only recruiting him, but then not dismissing him at the end of the season when not only did he fail miserably to keep us up. But they gave him a licence to continue his destruction long after, and waited until we had lost if my memory has not faded, 8 of the first 9 League games, the following season, which tells you more about certain individuals running Fulham than Magath himself. 
:plus one:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2016, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: bog on October 17, 2016, 07:10:15 AM

092.gif

The club have to take the majority of the blame for not only recruiting him, but then not dismissing him at the end of the season when not only did he fail miserably to keep us up. But they gave him a licence to continue his destruction long after, and waited until we had lost if my memory has not faded, 8 of the first 9 League games, the following season, which tells you more about certain individuals running Fulham than Magath himself. 

A German friend of mine who knew Magath's methods and tactics well told me it would all end in tears for Fulham immediately his appointment was confirmed.  The worse days work ever.....

bog

Have to say he was a good signing by Jol near the end of his tenure but we never got to see this. I think if the club had not been falling apart but maintaining a good position building on the Europa final Stek, as has been said, could have been a fixture for years. Thanks Maggot.  090.gif

092.gif 

cmg

Quote from: Alexis on October 17, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
He could have been the next Van de Sar if it weren't for his injuries and Magath.

In a small way of business he kind of WAS the next Van Der Sar, was he not? He slotted into the Dutch team soon after VDS's departure and even made it to a World Cup Final, which was more than Edwin did. Sort of VDS-lite.

Funny bunch, Dutch keepers.
There have been quite  few poor keepers in WC Finals: Tilkowski was a rare German weak keeper, and Felix in 1970 was lucky that the rest were so good the opposition didn't often get near the Brazilian goal. But it's incredible that a keeper as poor as Jan Jongbloed actually got to play in two WC finals. Van Beveren was a far better keeper throughout that Dutch first golden spell. But he made the error of falling out with Cruyff which led to him missing 1974 through 'injury' and he gave up playing for the national team in disgust before 78.