watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Okaka Views

Started by colossus, February 03, 2010, 10:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colossus

After an hour long run out i feel its ample time to judge the player ;)

I personally feel, even with that lovely miss, he will be a good player and cause defences trouble even if he isn't prolific. Seems to be able to hold up the ball and bring people into the game also.

Tooting legend

yeah a very good debut...will get better...well done roy....

fulhamguy

But isn't it Bobby's job to hold the ball up and not be prolific?!
COYW!

colossus

Thats a good point. Is it also not Zamora's role to miss glaring chances?

RidgeRider

Clearly, BZ in not the only football player in the history of the game to miss a sitter.

I like Okaka's debut. He is quick and physical and seems to have the ability to get in to good positions. His passing was ok and he and BZ together could be a force that no back 4 will want to contend with. With Elm coming off the bench, we now have three very big men at striker and a good clinical finisher in Nevland as our super sub.

FFCOutpostCommander

I liked what I saw from him and think it was a great first day on the job. Considering this line up had so little time to come together makes it even more impressive. We may finally have a front line in BZ and Okaka that will push through the thugs that have run rough shod over us earlier this season. Only thing that could have made his debut better was getting that header on goal.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

WhiteJC

if he had scored we would be calling him the next messier

which he's not, he's a very naughty boy!  ;D

Steve_orino

Didn't get to see the game because of work so it's good to see positive comments on the young man.   
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Logicalman

Another impressive debut. Doesn't RH pick them well, eh?

He likes to run at defenders, he can collect and hold the ball, he is not a small fellow, and I think he and BZ will be formidable after a few few games together.

Like his debut compatriot, Okaka settled in well and looked very comfortable, and inspired confidence in both the players around him and the the fans. His miss was a glaring one, and will be remembered for now, but I fully expect him to wipe that memory into an fond anecdote in the very near future with some beautiful match-winners. 

Lighthouse

Slightly concerned that Roy says Okaka wouldn't have played if Nevland was fully fit and Okaka will take time to get used to English Football. That sounds as if Okaka will spend his time on the bench.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Mr Lighthouse,

Not to take anything away from the new Italian Irish lad, but we did look a tad more livelier when the Viking came on. Having said that, that is the right way to use Nevland. Let someone else do the dirty work for 65-70 mins, tire out the defense, and then let loose Gentleman Jim's girlfriend.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

It reminded me of EJ's debut to be honest. HOpefully they dont throw him under the bus as they did to EJ.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

And what bus would that be? EJ was kept on pillows for the longest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

I felt Okaka had a superb debut and that miss should now be in the past. however, hearing what Roy said, I quote:

"I told him not to worry about it," he said.

"He's devastated by it because in Italy mistakes are magnified 100 times and I think it would take him years to live it down over there, but it will probably only take a few weeks here.

"If I was him I would put it into perspective by looking at the wonderful backheeled goal for Roma the other day."

Is anyone else a bit worried that this could really dent his confidence?

Tktd

When was the last time you had a 20 year old be that dissapointed that he missed a goal that most strikers will randomly miss... even the best strikers have a moment of madness when the miss opportunities like that.... I for one am excited to see how he reacts and for the simple fact that on his first game 3 days after a match in italy he managed to blend into a new team like that and get into that position.

I have high hopes for him but am not expecting the world to be on his shoulders..

Hazey

Anyone else thinmk he looks a lot like Etuhu on the filed?  We'll be massive with Okaka, Zamora, KG, Etuhu and Hangers trotting about the park.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Burt

A good debut, particularly given he does not really know the rest of the team yet.

Hopefully it was not a beginner's flash in the pan, but a sign of things to come.

The_Great_Escape_2008

Thought he looked great. Strong and quick with a good leap for attacking headers, should prove to be a good signing. Only problem is will Roy play him? I heard in his interview that he would've started Nevland ahead of Okaka if it weren't for his bruised toe. But Nevland rarely is effective when he starts for us.

mccscratch

I will point out the obvious bias of some of the other posts had this been EJ and had he missed that... the world would have come unglued on here...that being said... while being very EJ like (raw and powerful) he seems to have far more confidence and that will go a long long way towards being a good striker...

I am sure he will do a job for us while we await a true striker purchase in the summer... Maybe he will turn into that striker.. who knows.

We still miss Clint and Paintsil badly but Shorey gets high marks from me as I think Konch will struggle to regain his place.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise