watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack reception

Started by BedsFFC, October 21, 2016, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Thank you Ross and will be applauding the man!

JHaynes Paperboy

snarks

Definately will applaud him, he left with no ill will, whilst I would rather fulham had kept him, the club got good money for him. He also played well and scored well for a weak team for 2 years.

Tonywa

One of the most the most crass examples of this booing former players when they return with other clubs occurred years ago when Jeff Hopkins left FFC for Crystal Palace. Nobody could have given more in a Fulham shirt than Hoppy who was Roger Brown-like in his determination to play on through all sorts of horrendous head injuries. He came back playing for Palace in a pre-season friendly and was roundly booed every time he touched the ball by a group of morons masquerading as supporters. Pitiful!

Barrett487

Quote from: HatterDon on October 22, 2016, 05:49:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2016, 04:45:56 AM
My wife boos me everyday when i wake up.

I don't think it's you she's booing. I think it's the waking up.  :drums:

:005:

MikeW

Well he didn't get booed but have to say his body language in the Villa warm up was pretty bad.  Also he didn't seen to acknowledge any of the Fulham players but as my lad pointed out, he probably doesn't know most of them!

It was a dreadful performance from us IMO; my early season trumpeting of Sigurdsson may have to be tempered by the fact he wins nothing in the air - along with Madl or Martin - the latter being a complete waste of space.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mince n Tatties

Wouldn't surprise me if we sign him back at a cut
Price in January.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2016, 08:31:29 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we sign him back at a cut
Price in January.

Wouldn't that be nice  (in my opinion  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SP

Quote from: MikeW on October 22, 2016, 08:22:38 PM
Well he didn't get booed but have to say his body language in the Villa warm up was pretty bad.  Also he didn't seen to acknowledge any of the Fulham players but as my lad pointed out, he probably doesn't know most of them!

It was a dreadful performance from us IMO; my early season trumpeting of Sigurdsson may have to be tempered by the fact he wins nothing in the air - along with Madl or Martin - the latter being a complete waste of space.

Didn't watch the Villa game but Sigurdsson never seems to find a teammate when clearing the lines which immediately puts us back under pressure.

Forever Fulham

I've always thought of Ross as a London cab driver.  Not in the best of physical shape.  Not very fast.  But he has the Knowledge.  He knows the best way to get from A to B.  The route to take and at what time of the day.  He creates fares by getting in the right place at the right time.  Talks to his passengers.  And they communicate back to him.  In the moment. 

epsomraver

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 23, 2016, 04:29:54 PM
I've always thought of Ross as a London cab driver.  Not in the best of physical shape.  Not very fast.  But he has the Knowledge.  He knows the best way to get from A to B.  The route to take and at what time of the day.  He creates fares by getting in the right place at the right time.  Talks to his passengers.  And they communicate back to him.  In the moment.

He has a gut like a London Cabbie I'll give you that and is as self opinionated as a cabbie as well , Don't agree that we are poorer without him, yes he scored goals but that is not to say others would not have done the same, he was disruptive and we are better without  him