watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack reception

Started by BedsFFC, October 21, 2016, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I'm one of the weird chaps who was glad Ross left as, despite being a very classy player that scored goals, I felt we would be a better team without him.

That said, when he was here, I was always glad he was in the team and believe his goals kept us up.

I think some fans will boo him but I'd really like to give him some decent appreciation. I think booing might actually be a bad move. It certainly won't bother him as he is one of those opposing players that often seems to get some stick from opposition fans.

Jem

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 21, 2016, 08:00:22 PM
I'm one of the weird chaps who was glad Ross left as, despite being a very classy player that scored goals, I felt we would be a better team without him.

That said, when he was here, I was always glad he was in the team and believe his goals kept us up.

I think some fans will boo him but I'd really like to give him some decent appreciation. I think booing might actually be a bad move. It certainly won't bother him as he is one of those opposing players that often seems to get some stick from opposition fans.
I think we should treat him with the respect he deserves, after all, he is human!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

ealex40

I don't think booing opposition players would be a very smart thing to do......especially as we are the Away team.

Finnegans Wake

Anyone who boo`s him is an idiot. We would be playing in league 1 without him.

When he came here im sure he was sold the "we`re going straight back up" line, then ended up in a relegation battle for pretty much 2 years. He had every right to want to leave if you ask me. 

Skatzoffc

For me, I think he is one of the "complete" professionals.

He will play his best for whatever team he plays.
Was great for us and is deserving of all respect.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

love4ffc

He was a good for us while with us so I see no reason for anyone to boo him.  I'm willing to bet he wishes he was still with us considering Villa's current form and being 18th in the league. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Enclosurite

Not going tomorrow but if I was I would certainly not boo him.  I dread to think where we would be right now without him in the team the last two seasons.
¡COYW!

JoelH5

Let's have a look. McCormack signed a contract extension so we could sell him for millions.. or you can look at a little scoper like Dembele who run down his contract and left on a free
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

We should applaud him, not  boo him.

We are Fulham - we've got  class, leave that sort of thing to the  likes Chelsea and West Ham.

JoelH5

Obviously he didn't just do it for us but my point it.. he could have 'done a Dembele'
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

All good points mentioned, the talk about booing him is ridiculous! I might be wrong but I think with hindsight and seeing how our defence and formation has improved, he possibly regrets leaving FFC?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cmg

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 21, 2016, 09:35:12 PM
Obviously he didn't just do it for us but my point it.. he could have 'done a Dembele'

Nonsense.
His original contract with us in July 2014 was for 4 years with an additional year option (it was, of course subsequently extended further).

Dembele's case was entirely different anyway. His first contract was for the maximum allowed for a 17 year old - 3 years. We might have sold him with a year to go, as we did Roberts. But he wouldn't have been worth anything remotely like the Robert's figure. We made the decision to keep him for the last year of his contract and we got 17 goals out of him. What that is worth in monetary terms is open to discussion - but it would be a significant sum.

Both gave us excellent value.

Chutney

We owe the fact we have avoided the drop in to league 1 almost entirely to McCormack, he should be applauded for his efforts while with us, anyone that boos him is nothing short of disrespectful.
C O Y W

ffc73

When he was with us I thought he was overrated & we could be a better team without him. I was one of those that were pleased with the money we got when selling him this summer as I thought his impact on games will deteriorate as he gets older.

I also am acutely aware that without him in our team for the past two seasons we would most likely have been relegated. I also cannot see fault in his effort and application when he played for us. When I am at Villa tomorrow I will not boo him but applaud him.  I also hope he spends the game on the bench so he does not score against us

Max Headroom

I don't think anyone really knows the truth as to why he went.....

The Rock

Why boo Ross? Love Ross. Not his fault we lack ambition. We got like 6 players from his sale as well.

HatterDon

I've never understood the thinking behind booing someone who once played for you. With all the crap stacked on Liverpool and their supporters, I've always admired them for saluting their ex players whenever they came back to Anfield. It did me good to see the reception Cap'n' Danny got every time we went up there.

Ross? We're in League 1 without him. If I were in Old Blighty, I'd not only not boo him, I'd buy him a pint [six, if he'll drink them jsut before the match].
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2016, 04:45:56 AM
My wife boos me everyday when i wake up.

I don't think it's you she's booing. I think it's the waking up.  :drums:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2016, 04:45:56 AM
My wife boos me everyday when i wake up.

Maybe you don't score enough!

Patrick

I will be giving Ross a big cheer today.....the guy single-handedly kept us up in 2 consecutive seasons.....and by extending his contact etc...the club got an unbelievable price on his re-sale.

Top man.....thanks for everything Ross.......but have an off-day today please!!!