watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Huddersfield?

Started by @jolslover, October 25, 2016, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Have to agree I'd like to see Betts between the sticks to see if he is any better.  Would also like to stick with Parker/McDonald for now in the middle.  Would love to see Fredericks get more game time but don't think he should start yet.  I still worry about his fitness and injury tendencies.  I'm torn with Cairney as I am not sure he is at his best currently.  Can't help but wonder if we should try something else. 

I doubt that Joka will play anything other then the 4-2-3-1.  Which is fine so long as we stop the passing it around in the back and go more direct in our attacking.  I want to see us taking more shots on goal.  I want to see the keeper used less as a back pass and more of a pressure relief outlet with more clearing out the danger kicks rather then playing with it at his feet.  I want to see more balls (not always) sent in for Martin to use for either holding up play or to play off other players.  I want to see more balls played wide with pace and crosses sent in.

With all that said I would go with something like:

Bring on Fredericks at least at half time to run at them. 
Sub for midfield would be Tunni
Cairney to sub late for Piazon. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RP24

Personally I'd drop Martin and go with Aluko up top with Kebano on the wings to add pace to the team.

Betts
Odoi.         Kalas.       Madl.            Sess
                             Tunni.        Parker
Kebano.                        Cairney.                 Ayite
                                    Aluko

I'd have Fredricks to come on for Odoi later on and McDonald for tunners or parker when one of them tired.

love4ffc

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on October 27, 2016, 02:32:55 PM
Personally I'd drop Martin and go with Aluko up top with Kebano on the wings to add pace to the team.

Betts
Odoi.         Kalas.       Madl.            Sess
                             Tunni.        Parker
Kebano.                        Cairney.                 Ayite
                                    Aluko

I'd have Fredricks to come on for Odoi later on and McDonald for tunners or parker when one of them tired.

I could see doing this but for some reason I don't think Joka will ever try it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AlexW132

My Lineup:

Bettinelli
Fredericks
Kalas (Provided he is fit, otherwise Madl)
Sigurdsson
Sessegnon
Parker
Jozabed
Aluko
Cairney
Ayité
Martin

What I think Slav will go with:

Button
Odoi
Madl
Sigurdsson
Sessegnon
Parker
McDonald
Aluko
Cairney
Piazon
Martin

Bronaldinho

Betts
Fred Kalas Madl Odoi
     LVC Parker (Tunnicliffe for LVC if not fit)
Piazon Cairney Aluko
          Martin
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

F.luke

No more Aluko can't understand why he is is everyone's team. Total waste of space for me. He,s the least likely to score out of all our front players and thats difficult !

@jolslover

Quote from: F.luke on October 28, 2016, 12:59:20 PM
No more Aluko can't understand why he is is everyone's team. Total waste of space for me. He,s the least likely to score out of all our front players and thats difficult !

His end product is poor but hes quick, skillful and has a good work-rate, pressing from the front
STH H3

Horsfield_No9

Button
Fredericks - Kalas - Sigurdsson - Malone
McDonald - Parker
Cairney - Aluko - Ayité
Martin
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Chesh

I know Button gave the goal away on Saturday, and I know he gives us kittens at least 2-3 times per game, with all the 'keeper as sweeper' nonsense, but I also remember when Bettinelli was no.1 and wishing we could have a better keeper - I never felt he was up to it, especially when it came to marshalling the defence and coming off his line.

Personally, as long as Joka has  had a strong word about the amount of times it's played back to him, I would still favour Button ahead of Bettinelli, and would stick with him for a few games more.

FWIW my team would be:

Button
Kalas*, Madl, Sigurdsson, Odoi
Parker, McDonald/Johanssen
Aluko, Cairney, Ayite
Martin

Subs: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Malone/Sessegnon, LVC, Jozabed, Kebano, Smith

*Based only on what I have been told by someone I consider to be a very astute Boro fan, who has seen him numerous times at right back and centre back, and the knowledge that Odoi is actually better at left back.

:54:  049:gif

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

The Cravenette

:005:
Quote from: Chesh on October 28, 2016, 02:59:57 PM
I know Button gave the goal away on Saturday, and I know he gives us kittens at least 2-3 times per game, with all the 'keeper as sweeper' nonsense, but I also remember when Bettinelli was no.1 and wishing we could have a better keeper - I never felt he was up to it, especially when it came to marshalling the defence and coming off his line.

Personally, as long as Joka has  had a strong word about the amount of times it's played back to him, I would still favour Button ahead of Bettinelli, and would stick with him for a few games more.

FWIW my team would be:

Button
Kalas*, Madl, Sigurdsson, Odoi
Parker, McDonald/Johanssen
Aluko, Cairney, Ayite
Martin

Subs: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Malone/Sessegnon, LVC, Jozabed, Kebano, Smith

*Based only on what I have been told by someone I consider to be a very astute Boro fan, who has seen him numerous times at right back and centre back, and the knowledge that Odoi is actually better at left back.

:54:  049:gif

Well if we play with 12 players we may have a chance! :005:

SP

Sky reporting Hudson will feature for Huddersfield as some one is suspended, surely this can't be Mark Hudson?

Snibbo

Quote from: SP on October 29, 2016, 09:08:16 AM
Sky reporting Hudson will feature for Huddersfield as some one is suspended, surely this can't be Mark Hudson?
"Head coach David Wagner has confirmed he hopes to recall skipper Mark Hudson to the heart of defence, alongside Christopher Schindler." BBC

The Old Count

Team for Huddersfield ....... Could we borrow Newcastle's