News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SO ...... Who's going to replace Danny M and how soon should it happen ??

Started by SHADY1, August 22, 2010, 10:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

The legend that is Danny M is now having more off days than good days.... and rarely lasts the whole game..
Ok today he was up against some great players younger and fitter but thats what happens when you are tail end of a career.
We've got younger players around him to do the donkey work leaving DM to pick killer passes.
This is where it now appears to be going wrong I've no issues when a creative pass doesn't come off but recently feel Danny is picking a lot of wrong passes and giving the ball away on the easy stuff far to easily...
Theres obviously Greening but rumour was he was being loaned out how true who knows.. until we've a replacement i think that would be a bad move..

SO who could we get in NOW I can't see Danny lasting the full season without injury and don't want Greening as the only option.. Today i'd give him 6 out of 10 not good enough really. ... and can't really say it was just an off day !!
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Tom

We need to find his replacement like it was yesterday. Hopefully they will bring in his replacement before the transfer window closes.
Fulham for life!

Chopper

I think Danny still has a lot to offer. Even on his bad days he never hides, still looks for the right passes and still contributes to the team.

Agree though that we need an understudy. I don't think we've got anyone in the squad who can do the job he does.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FatFreddysCat

I was a bit gutted we didn't get Sidwell, i'd have had him in the team instead of Murphy straight away. I'd also have Baird coming on for Murphy rather than Greening , he's actually a very good passer and has an eye for a quick through ball.

TonyGilroy

Murphy still offers intelligence and leadership.

I wouldn't be rushing to replace him but Chris Baird did surprisingly well in his place on occasions last season. He shocked me with the quality of some of his passing.

bigalffc

definitely baird ahead of greening but certainly we should be looking for murphs replacement soon
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

mccscratch

I still don't know why we have not gone after Michael Bradley...he is one of the best young CMs there is in the world and could be had for loads cheaper than most... He scores goals, runs around box to box for 90 minutes and will only get better. He has a nasty side but also has learned to control himself more over the past 2 years... We love a yank around here and he seems like a truly Fulham type player.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ToodlesMcToot

What's the news with that Elf from down Rivendell.....err I mean Reading way?  :005:

Was that all smoke and mirrors? Or, hopefully, something of substance?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mccscratch

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 24, 2010, 07:25:50 PM
What's the news with that Elf from down Rivendell.....err I mean Reading way?  :005:

Was that all smoke and mirrors? Or, hopefully, something of substance?

I think the claimed Icelandic tv report got that one rolling...would love it if he came though.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

LordNelson

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 24, 2010, 07:02:07 PM
I was a bit gutted we didn't get Sidwell, i'd have had him in the team instead of Murphy straight away. I'd also have Baird coming on for Murphy rather than Greening , he's actually a very good passer and has an eye for a quick through ball.

Heartily agree.  I was a bit puzzled when I saw Greening coming on for Murphy with the transfer/loan rumours and all.  I would have preferred Baird as well.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ScalleysDad

Its funny how some threads go is'nt it. The general consensus here seems to be for Baird ahead of Greening if the latter at all. On another thread where Greening was outed as close to useless there was a short rally of support where it was claimed he did in fact get a pass off, commited a clever foul and was busy enough to warrant a place. I always thought a clever foul did'nt lead to a needless booking or offered the opposition a free kick in a dangerous position. Baird was the whipping boy a couple of years ago but was a revelation last season. Baird ahead of Greening everyday of the week and I doubt very much if Greening will improve as much as Chrissie Boy.
Replace Murph ............ not likely. Change the way we play with everybody doubling up and more options ................ hopefully likely.

SmithyFFC

Still can't believe we didn't sign Sidwell, O'Hara is injured atm I think so he'd never pass 'the fulham medical', other candiates, Chris Baird, Robert Milson, Michael Johnson (city) and Reo Coker.
FTID

Fernhurst

When Rat Boy signed for The Dark side ...I couldn't stop saying "Bugger" all day....... I really fancied him as Smurf's replacement when he was being left out of the team by the Spaniard

Quite taken aback when that other lot came in for him..... ah well.

Baird or Greening eh????????  :046:

Neither good enough for our long term health.