watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney's fancy footwork

Started by NogoodBoyo, November 01, 2016, 12:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

I have just watched the entire Barnsley and Huddersfield games.  I have read the opinions on players over the last few months and have to express my wonder at the rabid impatience, even Trump-like obfuscation of many fans.
My questions:  Do the people who annihilated Aluko earlier in the season have any hint of remorse or even an acknowledgment of their ignorance now? 
And what about Johansen?  I recall people shredding him to stripped meat on a couple of match-day threads when he came into the team.
Martin?  Hardly anybody was prepared to give him the time of day.  Fat, slow and useless; he would never score.  Send him back to Derby.
Cairney?  Even this last weekend I read one person saying "I wish he would do his fancy footwork in the opposition half instead of in our own half all the time."  As often seems to happen, this view started to pop up in other threads from other keyboards.  Imagine my surprise when the 90 minute replay clearly showed the best of his fanciest footwork, runs and final passes took place well inside the Huddersfield half.   He even finished one with a Ruiz-like scooped pass into the penalty area - an amazing piece of skill. 
My conclusion?  Some really need to pause, think and check (a lot) before hitting "Send."
Nogood "remembering the Zamora crucifixion too, see" Boyo

Carborundum

Trump-like obfuscation be blowed, I'm just focussing on Friday night. 

We're gonna win bigly.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Carborundum on November 01, 2016, 01:14:55 PM
Trump-like obfuscation be blowed, I'm just focussing on Friday night. 

We're gonna win bigly.

Nogood "and it'a going to be a beautiful thing - a beautiful thing, it is" Boyo

Vinnieffc

Wow. Don't see and obfuscation in weeks then get two in one thread.

Vinnie 'swallowed the OED isit' Ffc (and paying due homage to Boyo)

westcliff white

Re Aluko, I have always said he is better wide rather than in the middle or as a striker, I say that as his pace causes problems there and his finishing isnt the best. So for me I have nothing to acknowledge and hope he and the team carry the form they showed on Saturday into Fridays game and beyond
Every day is a Fulham day

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: westcliff white on November 01, 2016, 01:40:36 PM
Re Aluko, I have always said he is better wide rather than in the middle or as a striker, I say that as his pace causes problems there and his finishing isnt the best. So for me I have nothing to acknowledge and hope he and the team carry the form they showed on Saturday into Fridays game and beyond

Did you bust yourself there, Westcliff???  Was it you? :-)
Seriously though, you make a valid point, but I believe a man with his undoubted skill can and probably will score goals.  He may well surprise us here.  Hence the reference to Zamora.
Nogood "Row Z, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Vinnieffc on November 01, 2016, 01:33:56 PM
Wow. Don't see and obfuscation in weeks then get two in one thread.

Vinnie 'swallowed the OED isit' Ffc (and paying due homage to Boyo)

Obfuscation, confiscation.  Confiscating my obfuscating. 
Nogood "I think I've just started my latest rap, isit" Boyo

hongkongfulham

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 01, 2016, 12:55:50 PM
I have just watched the entire Barnsley and Huddersfield games.  I have read the opinions on players over the last few months and have to express my wonder at the rabid impatience, even Trump-like obfuscation of many fans.
My questions:  Do the people who annihilated Aluko earlier in the season have any hint of remorse or even an acknowledgment of their ignorance now? 
And what about Johansen?  I recall people shredding him to stripped meat on a couple of match-day threads when he came into the team.
Martin?  Hardly anybody was prepared to give him the time of day.  Fat, slow and useless; he would never score.  Send him back to Derby.
Cairney?  Even this last weekend I read one person saying "I wish he would do his fancy footwork in the opposition half instead of in our own half all the time."  As often seems to happen, this view started to pop up in other threads from other keyboards.  Imagine my surprise when the 90 minute replay clearly showed the best of his fanciest footwork, runs and final passes took place well inside the Huddersfield half.   He even finished one with a Ruiz-like scooped pass into the penalty area - an amazing piece of skill. 
My conclusion?  Some really need to pause, think and check (a lot) before hitting "Send."

Kind of the reason I stopped posting a year or so ago

Snibbo

Yes, I remember the Zamora crucifixion too. There was one particular poster on TIFF who incessantly called BZ "a donkey" and Roy "senile". I think some people do it just to provoke a reaction, others because they are impatient, others because we can be such an infuriatingly inconsistent side, others because we all see things differently. But a bit more patience and objectivity wouldn't go amiss. Having said that, I've been getting increasingly impatient with Jokanovic. I hope he can get us to string together a run of decent results.

snarks

I like the difference of opinion on chatboards the constant negativity does get me down though. When Fulham lose, I try not to post or read the boards.
Sna "it'd be better if no one disagreed with me then" rks

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 01, 2016, 11:37:14 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 01, 2016, 12:55:50 PM

Kind of the reason I stopped posting a year or so ago

The posting doesn't depress me - it's the reading of the posts, HKF:-)
Nogood "wondering why I don't stop reading them - but then we win, and it's all right and left back, see" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: snarks on November 02, 2016, 09:24:49 AM
I like the difference of opinion on chatboards the constant negativity does get me down though. When Fulham lose, I try not to post or read the boards.
Sna "it'd be better if no one disagreed with me then" rks

I quite like it too, Snarks, especially if you have two intelligent, opinionated byggers having at it like in Tom Brown's School days.  For instance, Statto and MJG arguing the finer points of arcane accountancy is very fine and educational in my view, but the barrage of abuse hurled at players - who clearly are nowhere near as bad as the malcontents believe - well, that's what kills my canary.
And when it's done at the ground?  Don't start me off on that one or I'll snap like an over-wound G-String!
Nogood "more accountancy threads is what we need, see" Boyo

Kent Cassandra

Good post Boyo, good job someone had the guts to say it.
I'd have 3000 posts if I had your guts. I thought us Welshies were supposed to be craven.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 02, 2016, 11:34:37 AM

The posting doesn't depress me - it's the reading of the posts, HKF:-)
Nogood "wondering why I don't stop reading them - but then we win, and it's all right and left back, see" Boyo

077.gif   064.gif
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Peabody

Yippee, someone speaks the truth and its you Boyo (sorry, cant speak Welsh). I just hope and pray that those who were so loud at criticising our players, do come on here and publically apologise. Who knows, the critics of Joca may even have to eat their words