watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon 3year deal from May 2017

Started by MJG, November 01, 2016, 07:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

That is great news. Well done on getting him signed, whoever it was.

NogoodBoyo

Best news I've heard for a while.  I'm sure he will want to move on sometime within those three years but at least this gives us a bit of continuity and security.
Nogood "let's hope he continues to be managed and coached well too, isit" Boyo

BestOfBrede

0001.jpeg
Great news
Maybe we are learning - at last!
049:gif

dannyboi-ffc

At least they are finally learning from their mistakes. Onwards and upwards. Well done Fulham!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Burt

Nothing like a spot of proactivity to protect the better players... Good move!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 01, 2016, 07:25:32 PM
0001.jpeg
Great news
Maybe we are learning - at last!
049:gif

Can't sign them before they're old enough and, especially if they don't want to. Haven't been too many that we've LET get away without trying.

That all said, great news! Very happy to have him on a long contract for when the vultures begin to circle. Now let's get working with Slavisa on and extension to his contract (probably a little premature). We need to try continuity rather than change for once.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

Best kind of good news. Encouraging move from Club and player.

...but
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 01, 2016, 08:57:16 PM
Can't sign them before they're old enough and, especially if they don't want to. Haven't been too many that we've LET get away without trying.

...yes. Dembele, Roberts, Hyndman all signed first contracts.
If I'm not mistaken Tankovic signed a three year deal when he came from Norrkopping when he was 16. Presumably the regs were different then, or are different for signings from overseas clubs.
Incidentally, for those who might be interested, Muamer is still only on the 1st team fringes at AZ. His progress seems quite slow although he's still only 21.
The good news is that he scored four goals in a match the other week. The bad news is that it was for AZ's 2nd XI. The worse news is that they play in the Dutch 3rd tier. Anyway it was enough to get him back into the 1st team squad.

bog

What a tonic that news is!    :clap_hands: :yay:

092.gif

Ichabod Magoo

Hopefully Sessegnon's twin brother has first team potential also.  Might be an incentive for Ryan to stick around longer.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Southfield White

Glad the club have released this news
It's actually a 4 year deal but I'm guessing the current year now is the 4th year.
The academy has really looked after both brothers, like they do with all academy players.
Ryans brother Steven is now back playing after a long injury and he's also a very good player
The family are delighted to stay at Fulham and it proves the doubters wrong who said he'd be off soon.

The academy needs to take great credit on getting Ryan signed.

Yes he could still go but it will take a very silly offer for us to sell him

So well done the academy and well done the club

cmg

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2016, 07:54:19 AM
Sorry to put a slight downer on a negative thread, but isn't a "pre-contract" pretty meaningless?

I presume it isn't binding in any way, because signing a binding pre-contract at this stage would surely be substantially the same as signing a full contract, and therefore still a breach of the rules preventing the player from signing a contract at this stage

Is there some kind of unwritten ethical code in the industry that says a player/agent won't renege on a pre-contract?

I believe you are right. It's more of a declaration of intent than a binding contract. Possibly would have some bearing on the compensation question.

I showed an agent your last question but he was unable to answer as was struck dumb and went all glassy eyed when he came to the word 'ethical'.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on November 02, 2016, 10:25:07 AM
Sorry to put a slight downer on a negative thread, but isn't a "pre-contract" pretty meaningless?

I presume it isn't binding in any way, because signing a binding pre-contract at this stage would surely be substantially the same as signing a full contract, and therefore still a breach of the rules preventing the player from signing a contract at this stage

Is there some kind of unwritten ethical code in the industry that says a player/agent won't renege on a pre-contract?

I believe you are right. It's more of a declaration of intent than a binding contract. Possibly would have some bearing on the compensation question.

I showed an agent your last question but he was unable to answer as was struck dumb and went all glassy eyed when he came to the word 'ethical'.
I read the rul;es on this last night and its a minefield. he may or may not be on a scholarship deal with an intent to become pro at 17.
In the end its good news because at least we have something public saying they have something in place. BUT as we all know until its signed on his 17th birthday....we still all worry

jarv

It is obviously good to have another fine young player for 3 years. However, what if he is the next Gareth Bale cn he just up and leave for nothing at the end of the time like Dembele did.?

MJG

Quote from: jarv on November 02, 2016, 12:15:07 PM
It is obviously good to have another fine young player for 3 years. However, what if he is the next Gareth Bale cn he just up and leave for nothing at the end of the time like Dembele did.?
That's the way the contracts work. You cant make or keep a player if they dont want to stay.
Tribunal fee at best as long as a plyer who leaves in that situation stays in England

cmg

Quote from: jarv on November 02, 2016, 12:15:07 PM

In a word - Yes.

He, or any other player, can be sold during the course of his contract (Roberts) or, if he plays for the full duration of the contract, he can go to whoever offers him another acceptable contract (Dembele).

Southfield White

Quote from: MJG on November 02, 2016, 10:27:59 AM
Quote from: cmg on November 02, 2016, 10:25:07 AM

I read the rul;es on this last night and its a minefield. he may or may not be on a scholarship deal with an intent to become pro at 17.
In the end its good news because at least we have something public saying they have something in place. BUT as we all know until its signed on his 17th birthday....we still all worry

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of contracts

I do believe he could be on what's known as a 2 and 2
That's 2 year scholarship with the intentions of getting a 2 year pro contract at 17

Either way as I said the family are very happy at Fulham and have been well looked after so I doubt he will go anywhere soon especially with his twin brother still at the club and doing well

H4usuallysitting

Very good news....we could sign him today in Thailand as he'd be 559 years old

Ichabod Magoo

How is a 16 year old who makes first team appearances compensated?  I could present some possibilities but why offer examples of my lack of knowledge.   :022:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III