watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Piazon

Started by Ichabod Magoo, November 02, 2016, 04:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

Piazon's loan ends 15 January.  Is there any discussion about extending it or a transfer since his contract with Chelski ends in June 2018.  He has said he is tired of moving around and would like to stay in one place for multiple years although not necessarily in the context of Fulham.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

General

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Jokanovic said we need to sign more players to build our squad in January and given that we probably have more money in by then, whether we sign Martin permanently which I believe we wanted and stated in terms in the loan and extend Piazon will be interesting. Piazon seems to have done well for us recently and whilst I'd like to see us strengthen I'd also like us to keep the team in place.

Alexis

Chelsea can build an entire team with just their players out on loan. It wouldn't hurt them to extend the deal until at least the end of the season.
Fulham 来了!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Alexis on November 02, 2016, 04:31:53 PM
Chelsea can build an entire team with just their players out on loan, it wouldn't hurt them to extend the deal until at least the end of the season.
I think you are right and I cannot see him playing any part in the Chelsea Squad after January, so why would he go back to them, just to have a few 'reserve' games?
He will be almost guaranteed 1st team football at Fulham, so he may as well push for a Season long loan and then see where we are.  He is definitely hitting a purple patch for us atm.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Carborundum

The better he does for us in the next few weeks, the likelier that someone else will come in with an offer to buy him in January.

He's good.  Loanees from Chelsea generally are.  But I'm not yet convinced we should be making him and Chelsea an offer they can't refuse. 

Kalas on the other hand.....he's better than good and if there were any way we could sign him, we should.

AlexW132

He said he's had enough of being on loan, and tbh I can hardly blame him. I think he'd be all for a permanent move if we went for one.

Milo

I would be surprised if Kalas isn't in Chelsea's first team next season.

Equally surprised if Piazon doesn't stay til the end of the season. Surely there's no downside for anyone in him staying?

Ichabod Magoo

It would probably be best to delay offering to extend Piazon's loan to make sure he doesn't suffer some long term injury in the meantime ... but don't wait too long.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2016, 08:04:45 AM
Quote from: Milo on November 02, 2016, 10:08:31 PM
I would be surprised if Kalas isn't in Chelsea's first team next season

There's a difference between looking good against the likes of Cameron Jerome and nahki wells, versus looking good against the likes of Sergio Aguero and Ronaldo.

If Piazon and kalas were 17 I'd say maybe they'll play for Chelsea in a few years but they're both reasonably mature now and I can't see either ever making the first team.

The fact that we were able to get them, even in the loan market, suggests their wasn't major interest from anyone in the Premiership. you have to assume even boro didn't want kalas.

Now maybe either or both of them will go to a slightly weaker foreign league like Italy but IMO if we finish the season strongly and promotion looks likely next year, we might just have a chance, and we should really pull out all the stops to make that happen

Apparently Boro wanted Kalas permanently but Chelski didn't wan't to sell

MJG

Quote from: AlexW132 on November 03, 2016, 08:12:11 AM

There's a difference between looking good against the likes of Cameron Jerome and nahki wells, versus looking good against the likes of Sergio Aguero and Ronaldo.

If Piazon and kalas were 17 I'd say maybe they'll play for Chelsea in a few years but they're both reasonably mature now and I can't see either ever making the first team.

The fact that we were able to get them, even in the loan market, suggests their wasn't major interest from anyone in the Premiership. you have to assume even boro didn't want kalas.

Now maybe either or both of them will go to a slightly weaker foreign league like Italy but IMO if we finish the season strongly and promotion looks likely next year, we might just have a chance, and we should really pull out all the stops to make that happen

Im sure I read or heard that Kalas joined because Jokaonvic wanted him and contacted him personally.
he is highly rated at Chelsea but in reality how many of their 'youngsters' ever really breakthrough?
I'd suggest IF we go up we have a very good chance of buying him (or even a full season loan again) but wont be cheap.

FFCAli

Chelsea can build an entire team with just their players out on loan. It wouldn't hurt them to extend the deal until at least the end of the season.
Chelsea have 38 players out on loan according to The Times earlier this week in an article suggesting Fabregas would be loaned out.  Isn't it time there was a limit to how many players a club was allowed to loan out?  The top clubs can lure any promising youngster and only ever play one in twenty.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2016, 08:18:02 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on November 03, 2016, 08:12:11 AM

Im sure I read or heard that Kalas joined because Jokaonvic wanted him and contacted him personally.
he is highly rated at Chelsea but in reality how many of their 'youngsters' ever really breakthrough?
I'd suggest IF we go up we have a very good chance of buying him (or even a full season loan again) but wont be cheap.

He'll be 24 by the end of this season, and his contract at Chelsea only runs until 2018 so next summer will be the last chance they have to get any real fee for him.  Unless they can convince a player who has played for more other clubs than games since joining Chelsea as a 17 year old I doubt he'll be there by the end of next summer.  And they have that Christensen out on loan who is crazy highly rated too, as well as Zouma.

Carborundum

A huge difference, but more than 50% of Premier League central defenders look completely outclassed by Aguero.  There's perhaps 10 teams in the premier league that start as feasible relegation candidates and each year 7 of them stay up. Those clubs aren't far from us, as the performance of our reserves against a 'Boro team with seven first teamers attests.

On the team replacement after promotion, clearly some replenishment is needed every year, but there's a lot of truth in the adage about things that aren't broke not needing fixing.  Besides, it seems a bit strange to be giving a group of players an open top bus parade in May, then turning up to the ground three months later wondering who's who on the pitch.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: FFCAli on November 03, 2016, 09:22:36 AM
Chelsea have 38 players out on loan according to The Times earlier this week in an article suggesting Fabregas would be loaned out.  Isn't it time there was a limit to how many players a club was allowed to loan out?  The top clubs can lure any promising youngster and only ever play one in twenty.

That just shows how naive young players and their families are when it comes to seeing a path to being a successful player.  Unless someone is an obvious super talent, it might behoove kids to go someplace with a good development program regardless of what level the club is perceived at, e.g. Fulham.  All things being equal, moving up at Fulham and making a name for oneself would be much more realistic than at Chelsea, ManU, Madrid, etc.  Once a player has been given a chance to show his talent at a senior level, his options can open up.  He may never get that chance at a big club.

cmg

Chelsea have about 38 players currently out on loan.

Transfermarkt list this bunch:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/leihspieler/verein/631

A neat squad of 26 (the rest are listed as u23 squad which also includes some pretty useful players). T'markt suggest a 'market value' of about £102m. compared to about £45m. for our squad.
Would you get promotion from the Ch. with this squad?
Many of them are playing with Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga clubs.
Crazy really.

AnEssexFan

I'm not sure promising youngsters should ignore clubs like chelsea to sign for a team like fulham. In recent years we've had the talents of Roberts and Hyndman and yet hardly played them. Dembele only got his came because Smith got a horrific injury, otherwise he would not have got his run of games. Then look at Woodrow, Chritensen and Betinelli who can't get a game this season, and the promising Williams sent out on loan again. So, other than Dembele taking his chance and Sessegnon doing well this season, I'm not sure we can say Fulham would be a better destination for a youngster to develop, can we?
@leightonrw07

TXWhite

Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 03, 2016, 04:35:43 PM
I'm not sure promising youngsters should ignore clubs like chelsea to sign for a team like fulham. In recent years we've had the talents of Roberts and Hyndman and yet hardly played them. Dembele only got his came because Smith got a horrific injury, otherwise he would not have got his run of games. Then look at Woodrow, Chritensen and Betinelli who can't get a game this season, and the promising Williams sent out on loan again. So, other than Dembele taking his chance and Sessegnon doing well this season, I'm not sure we can say Fulham would be a better destination for a youngster to develop, can we?

I think the Hyndman and Roberts situation was managed poorly, due to a combination of mad Magath and Kit. Under Joka, I do think that Fulham is a good destination for young players. However, in this league,  it's too risky to nurture young talent in more than 1 or 2 positions at a time.

I'd argue that LVC is (rightly) behind Johansen in the pecking order, and should be behind Jozabed (if he comes good). Betts and Button is about even, and playing young GKs is always slightly risky. I'd argue that Woodrow just isn't good enough.

Sessegnon is 16 and playing fairly regularly, Adeniran (sp?) has played the odd game, and about 8 of the young lads got a full run out against a PL team in the EFL Cup.

Dembele and Roberts will go onto great things, I'm sure of it. How many of Chelsea's academy products can we say the same about?

bobbo

[quote author=Carborundum
He's good.  Loanees from Chelsea generally are.  But I'm not yet convinced we should be making him and Chelsea an offer they can't refuse. 

Kalas on the other hand.....he's better than good and if there were any way we could sign him, we should.
[/quote]
1975 just leaving home full of hope