https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alexis Sanchez accused

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 02, 2016, 08:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

of tax fraud......footballers can't help there selves can they

Forever Fulham

didn't this happen with Messi?  His dad?  Wasn't Steffi Graff's dad involved in some shenanigans?  Everytime I hear about a well known athlete having tax issues, I think it isn't intentional on his or her part.  Some trusted family member or long time agent is up to no good or is incapable of handling such affairs.  I'd be surprised to read Sanchez knowingly participated in tax fraud, but you never know...  They have people to handle that stuff.  Unfortunately, sometimes it's the wrong people. 

Oakeshott

I think the third word of the thread title is pertinent at present.

HatterDon

None of the top athletes, the actors, the musicians handle their own tax situations.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on November 03, 2016, 12:03:54 AM
None of the top athletes, the actors, the musicians handle their own tax situations.
Perhaps that is the problem, they're not involved.  Isn't that why various pro sports are making young professional sports players attend money management classes? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Quote from: love4ffc on November 03, 2016, 03:30:26 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 03, 2016, 12:03:54 AM
Perhaps that is the problem, they're not involved.  Isn't that why various pro sports are making young professional sports players attend money management classes?

exactly; too many of the folks I've mentioned have been swindled by their "investment professional" or gotten in trouble with tax authorities because "I got a guy who takes care of that for me." You have to hope they stay awake during those classes.

By the way, the worst case like this is the one of the actor Wesley Snipes. His advisor convinced him that the US government had no legal foundation for their income tax collection and that if he refused to pay ANY taxes, there would be nothing the IRS could do.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, that myth is still making the rounds over here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

gang

Unfortunately a lot of people don't know the difference between Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance.

ealex40

Wesley Snipes served over 2 years of a 3 year sentence, in Federal Prison.

love4ffc

Quote from: ealex40 on November 03, 2016, 05:19:25 PM
Wesley Snipes served over 2 years of a 3 year sentence, in Federal Prison.
I'm surprised he didn't make a movie about it.  Shawshank Redemption 2. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?