watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aluko interview

Started by bencher, November 03, 2016, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

In Aluko's interview behind the paywall, he mentions that the team have tweaked their playing style slightly, and he thinks that has helped. He didn't spell out exactly what the change was. Do we know what he's referring to? Does he mean having Cairney and Johansen playing in front of McD, with him out wide, instead of him in the middle? And Piazon as a narrow wide player, drifting into the box? Or perhaps he means pressing higher up the pitch?

..FOF..

From the report below, we seems to be able to get comfortable morphing to a second and third formations recently.

A 4-2-3-1 as a base, 4-1-4-1 when defending and 4-3-3 during attacks.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/10/29/13465244/fulham-5-huddersfield-0-quick-thoughts-what-just-happened

It seems like it during attacks but maybe someone else can show that we are actually defending heavily from midfield now?

H4usuallysitting

gang

We have found out what those funny things with nets on are.

Southcoastffc

Someone on here (I think) was wrongly derided a few weeks ago for suggesting that the team's motto should be "Pass With Purpose".  Maybe that's the change - not so many pointless passes sideways and backwards. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

kiwian

You must be good lip readers, I gave up after 30 seconds the sound was so low.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

ealex40

Quote from: kiwian on November 03, 2016, 07:40:44 PM
You must be good lip readers, I gave up after 30 seconds the sound was so low.

Me too.

Southcoastffc

I just turned up the volume!   (He was a bit mumbly for the first 20 seconds, it became clearer. He's a bright cookie and articulate.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ealex40

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 03, 2016, 08:20:08 PM
I just turned up the volume!   (He was a bit mumbly for the first 20 seconds, it became clearer. He's a bright cookie and articulate.)

Why didn't I think of that?

Actually, it was turned up as high as it could go. I think you'll find complaints by other people about other interviews not being loud enough.

TXWhite

Shame the sound quality wasn't much good. Have seen a few interviews with him - great character and, like Southcoast said, really articulate.

Come to mention it, with Aluko, Matt Smith, Chris Martin and Denis Odoi, we must have four of the more articulate (dare I say intellectual?) players in the league.

davew

I  tried everything to turn up the volume, but still not enough to hear what he was saying, perhaps buying earphones would be an option? Listening to GJ is a struggle since we have had to pay!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

To be fair I do have a decent pair of external speakers connected to my desktop pc.  (Doesn't help me understand what Slavisa says though! :022: )

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 04, 2016, 02:34:15 PM
To be fair I do have a decent pair of external speakers connected to my desktop pc.  (Doesn't help me understand what Slavisa says though! :022: )

Try the Serbian manufactured ones.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III