watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hate

Started by FFCFOREVER, November 04, 2016, 11:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCFOREVER

crappy international breaks.We all know what happened after the last international break.Its not even as if England have any hope of winning any major tournaments any time soon.Get on with proper league footy I say.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Jims Dentist

Especially with England/Scotland being on a Friday night.

If it was on the Saturday at least it would give us football fans something to focus on.

cmg

???
I share your dislike of International breaks, but we went into the last one on a league record of LDDLDL (we also lost a cup match during that time) since then we have been WDLWW.

Lighthouse

I dislike Internationals per se. There was a time when they were fun and we could be proud of whatever Country we supported. But for some reason I have grown disillusioned and see them as annoying. I don't know most of the players that play for England and the overall standard of International football is well below that of most top league football.

I have no great loyalty to England football or dislike for any of the others. So not caring is the main problem. I always support England or GB in other sports so I guess money and spoilt players may or may not be a factor. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rhys Lightning 63

Well, when you have a bad international team to follow, I can understand why you don't like international breaks.

As for us though, with proper teams, rather than a shambles...  we can't wait

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

H4usuallysitting

Who in there right mind organised an England v Scotland fixture on a Friday night..... Me as a cab driver will avoid the area like the plague, it stinks of trouble

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 06, 2016, 07:00:46 PM
Well, when you have a bad international team to follow, I can understand why you don't like international breaks.

With the greatest of respect to you I dont exactly see Wales as a proper team.The last euros was the first major tournament they qualified for since 1958.Whilst I appreciate this is a great achievement proper teams that are to be taken seriously qualify for every major tournament all of the time barring a few big  nations every now and then that dont qualify.Wales have also demonstrated that without two of their three main players (Bale ,Allen and  Ramsey) the latter two being absent they are at best  an average team.Proper teams tend not to rely on a few players but the whole team to get them through.

bog

So do I. I prefer a break from internationals.

092.gif 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on November 06, 2016, 08:35:05 PM

With the greatest of respect to you I dont exactly see Wales as a proper team.The last euros was the first major tournament they qualified for since 1958.Whilst I appreciate this is a great achievement proper teams that are to be taken seriously qualify for every major tournament all of the time barring a few big  nations every now and then that dont qualify.Wales have also demonstrated that without two of their three main players (Bale ,Allen and  Ramsey) the latter two being absent they are at best  an average team.Proper teams tend not to rely on a few players but th

With the greatest of respect to you I dont exactly see Wales as a proper team.The last euros was the first major tournament they qualified for since 1958.Whilst I appreciate this is a great achievement proper teams that are to be taken seriously qualify for every major tournament all of the time barring a few big  nations every now and then that dont qualify.Wales have also demonstrated that without two of their three main players (Bale ,Allen and  Ramsey) the latter two being absent they are at best  an average team.Proper teams tend not to rely on a few players but the whole team to get them through.
e whole team to get them through.

They got to the semis of the euros - at the moment they are a proper team. England lost to Iceland.

Ichabod Magoo

International fixtures should be in the summer.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MJG

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on November 07, 2016, 03:07:00 AM
International fixtures should be in the summer.
Absolutely

The groups of WC and Euros should be played in June/July in the year before the tournaments. You can play 8-10 games in 4-6 weeks with international squads.

That way its almost like a mini tournament each summer, does not disrupt the leagues during the season. And season could finish or start early.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 07, 2016, 02:55:51 AM

With the greatest of respect to you I dont exactly see Wales as a proper team.The last euros was the first major tournament they qualified for since 1958.Whilst I appreciate this is a great achievement proper teams that are to be taken seriously qualify for every major tournament all of the time barring a few big  nations every now and then that dont qualify.Wales have also demonstrated that without two of their three main players (Bale ,Allen and  Ramsey) the latter two being absent they are at best  an average team.Proper teams tend not to rely on a few players but th

They got to the semis of the euros - at the moment they are a proper team. England lost to Iceland.
Yes they did and then went and scraped a one all draw with the Mighty Georgia in their last game.And who scored for them?Yep you guessed it,Bale.

FFCFOREVER

:
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 07, 2016, 08:16:50 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on November 07, 2016, 08:06:26 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 07, 2016, 02:55:51 AM

Yes they did and then went and scraped a one all draw with the Mighty Georgia in their last game.And who scored for them?Yep you guessed it,Bale.

bobbo

Well I'm going to twickenham England v South Africa so as to keep myself occupied, but I'm with you I don't like the breaks.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Maybe woolly, but I'll make every effort not to be
1975 just leaving home full of hope

F(f)CUK

The big problem with international breaks has been our change of form:

Up to first international break 3 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses, GF 7, GA 4 - Pts 11 out of 15
From 1st to 2nd break 0 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses, GF 3, GA 9 - Pts 3 out of 18
After 2nd break 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, GF 13, GA 5 - Pts 10 out of 15

Let's not change form again please Fulham

Fulham Joe

Add me to this club.
I too hate international breaks and the last one was only a couple of weeks ago.
Messing around with the football season for internationals is just not on.
I also couldn't care less about the England team anymore, they would have to reach the semi finals of the World cup before I would sit up and take notice.

jarv

Me too. This thread crops up every break. Worst thing is, the managers all complain about fixture congestion, (xmas, easter)  no wonder, how many breaks are there? Get rid of them and normal service can be resumed. 

If played in the summer, those that want to travel can have a nice summer holiday combined. Better for supporters all round.

Personally I wouldnt travel but just saying.....

love4ffc

Quote from: jarv on November 08, 2016, 09:08:24 PM
Me too. This thread crops up every break. Worst thing is, the managers all complain about fixture congestion, (xmas, easter)  no wonder, how many breaks are there? Get rid of them and normal service can be resumed. 

If played in the summer, those that want to travel can have a nice summer holiday combined. Better for supporters all round.

Personally I wouldnt travel but just saying.....
Is there a reason why the fixtures can't be in the summer?
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?