watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sitting in the Golden Lion

Started by love4ffc, November 07, 2016, 03:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Currently sitting in the Golden Lion having a pint.  It's not as bad a place as some of you say it is.   :beer:

Have been walking around the better part of the afternoon in the Fulham area.  Went to the cottage and the Fulham Palace.  Had an earlier pint at the Eight Bells. 

Enjoying myself before I have to meet up with the missus for dinner. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

gang

Woolly Mammoth

Nobody knows, as nobody has the courage to venture in without a gas mask and a suit of armour.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: love4ffc on November 07, 2016, 03:53:41 PM
Currently sitting in the Golden Lion having a pint.  It's not as bad a place as some of you say it is.   :beer:

Have been walking around the better part of the afternoon in the Fulham area.  Went to the cottage and the Fulham Palace.  Had an earlier pint at the Eight Bells. 

The Eight Bells is the meeting place for Chelsea away games.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on November 07, 2016, 05:07:33 PM

The Eight Bells is the meeting place for Chelsea away games.

David Hamilton bought me a pint in the 8 Bells once, when he was a director - a decent bloke.

But it can be too full of away fans in my experience.

I like the GL myself.

RaySmith

You certainly picked a good weekend for your visit! Glad you are enjoying yourself.

love4ffc

Sat drank and talked with Brendan and his missus who used to own Clamattlee Pub.  Fantastic people. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Kent Cassandra

Popped in there before the Huddersfield match for a quick half.
Sat next to a guy who said he was the first Fulham mascot 'Sir Craven of the Cottage'.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 07, 2016, 04:53:26 PM
Nobody knows, as nobody has the courage to venture in without a gas mask and a suit of armour.

The kind of place you don't go in when there is an "r" in the month..........

I have to be honest though, I've very often passed the door, but never actually ventured in.

ffc2004

gang

Quote from: ffc2004 on November 08, 2016, 09:58:36 AM
I'm in there for most home games

I take it you mean the pub not the toilets.

ffc2004

Quote from: gang on November 08, 2016, 10:13:03 AM

Ha, I even venture in to the toilets now and then.

bill taylors apprentice

I can understand any supporter on visiting the area popping in to check it out considering its a "Fulham pub".

But IMO its a scruffy pub without any character or redeeming features, the fact its crammed with Fulham supporters on a match day is what is attractive to some and unattractive to me. (crammed with people not the fact they are FFC)

Its really not a pleasant experience which is a shame really.   

ffc2004

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 08, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
I can understand any supporter on visiting the area popping in to check it out considering its a "Fulham pub".

But IMO its a scruffy pub without any character or redeeming features, the fact its crammed with Fulham supporters on a match day is what is attractive to some and unattractive to me. (crammed with people not the fact they are FFC)

Used to drink in the Rocket a fair bit, but when that gets crammed with away fans I'd rather drink around FFC.  Also nice to have the option of a beer garden when it's nice out.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ffc2004 on November 08, 2016, 10:20:32 AM

Used to drink in the Rocket a fair bit, but when that gets crammed with away fans I'd rather drink around FFC.  Also nice to have the option of a beer garden when it's nice out.

I would tell you where I go (close enough to the ground, small outside area, good beer, not a problem getting to the bar, always get a seat around a table, good food if you want it or close to many food outlets) but I don't want to spoil it by encouraging others in.

ffc2004

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 08, 2016, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: ffc2004 on November 08, 2016, 10:20:32 AM

I would tell you where I go (close enough to the ground, small outside area, good beer, not a problem getting to the bar, always get a seat around a table, good food if you want it or close to many food outlets) but I don't want to spoil it by encouraging others in.

I could take a guess, BA?

fulhamfan

Why are you so obsessed with toilets? Do you hang about in them a lot or something?

The Equalizer

Quote from: love4ffc on November 07, 2016, 05:37:07 PM
Sat drank and talked with Brendan and his missus who used to own Clamattlee Pub.  Fantastic people.

I've not seen Brendan in years! I used to be a regular in the Clem Attlee back in the mid-nineties when I lived in Manny Shinwell House on Clem Attlee Court.

Having said that, I was also a regular in the Golden Lion in the late nineties when my mate Carlos was the manager!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

spoonffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 08, 2016, 12:26:12 PM

Hmmm.... I actually think he means the toilets.

we are the cottagers

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamross on November 08, 2016, 11:04:12 AM

Why are you so obsessed with toilets? Do you hang about in them a lot or something?

Mate of George Michael ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES