watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any news from the FST meeting yet ?

Started by Riversider, November 14, 2016, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Has anybody on here received any news yet from the FST with regards to last week's meeting with the club ?
This was scheduled to be the first in three months so you would imagine that there was plenty to discuss, including of course an up date on the Heatherwick report , a report that was originally due in August !
I really appreciate the efforts of the FST, I really do, but bloody hell its like trying to get blood out of a stone in the way of information out of them

MJG

Riversider

As you've read in my post , I put "even if somebody came on to post, a meeting took place today between the club and the FST and we hope to bring you the details over the next week "
Wouldn't that have been a lot quicker and easier than coming on here and posting your life storey ? Especially for somebody with such little time !

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2016, 12:10:23 PM
As you've read in my post , I put "even if somebody came on to post, a meeting took place today between the club and the FST and we hope to bring you the details over the next week "
Wouldn't that have been a lot quicker and easier than coming on here and posting your life storey ? Especially for somebody with such little time !
I posted the message on the FST website this morning which is the correct communication tool to our members.
This is not the FST website and as such if I posted here then maybe I need to then go on TIFF/Cottage Corner/Facebook/Twitter etc.

Holders

MJG referred us to the website, which I visited, and it's clear that there was a meeting last week and the Minutes will be published shortly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

win-dup

Until the minutes are published I think we should guess at what happened at the meeting;

I'll go for ''Riverside, who said anything about developing the Riverside, you must have imagined it''

The Road Less Travelled

Surely if you want to know what happens in FST meetings with the club you should actually become a member of the FST?  There should be no expectation of obligation for the FST to tell anyone who isn't a member what happens in those meetings.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on November 14, 2016, 03:18:22 PM
Surely if you want to know what happens in FST meetings with the club you should actually become a member of the FST?  There should be no expectation of obligation for the FST to tell anyone who isn't a member what happens in those meetings.
How does that work though. Can anyone rock up and have meetings with the club, or just a select few. With a name like Fulham supporters trust, you would imagine that it represented all of fulhams supporters and not just paid up members. That said they always release the info to the rest of us, once it has notified all of its members. Which is how it should be if you ask me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2016, 03:29:20 PM
How does that work though. Can anyone rock up and have meetings with the club, or just a select few. With a name like Fulham supporters trust, you would imagine that it represented all of fulhams supporters and not just paid up members. That said they always release the info to the rest of us, once it has notified all of its members. Which is how it should be if you ask me
This comment always comes up. Of course we represent all the fans, BUT we are a membership organisation that is run by the fees we receive from the yearly subs (£10 Adults & £5 Concessions).
Hence we will always go to the membership (which covers all ages and areas) for questions and give feedback to them first unless we decide otherwise.
I wish we didn't need funds to run website, database, email system and other costs and could be all encompassing of the Fulham fans. But we cant run like that.

We are always open to help with the committee or for fans to stand and give their time for free to make meetings, not only with club, but with other supporters organsiations and football related groups. If Interested then please get in touch at http://fulhamsupporterstrust.squarespace.com/contact-us/

The Road Less Travelled

Less than a quid a month to become a member.  Pay the subscription and you can complain all you want about slow release of information.  Don't pay the subscription and you should feel no right to have access to it at all, as you've put no effort/financing into actually getting the information.  Whether the FST decide to publish it is up to them, not something non-members should be demanding.  And I'm not a member before anyone accuses me of anything.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on November 14, 2016, 03:41:57 PM

Less than a quid a month to become a member.  Pay the subscription and you can complain all you want about slow release of information.  Don't pay the subscription and you should feel no right to have access to it at all, as you've put no effort/financing into actually getting the information.  Whether the FST decide to publish it is up to them, not something non-members should be demanding.  And I'm not a member before anyone accuses me of anything.
Where have you seen me complain. I said the format is how it should be
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2016, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on November 14, 2016, 03:41:57 PM

Where have you seen me complain. I said the format is how it should be

You didn't, the original post was a complaint though.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2016, 04:12:06 PM
Surely the complaint here shouldn't be at the FST for not telling us what happened when they nagged the club on our behalf, but rather, with the club for implying there'd be some development in August then keeping silent through August, September, October and now November...

Not that any of really matters because we all know this sort of delay and obfuscation from the club is their way of saying they ain't gonna build anything

I must agree - the club should release some information regarding the FST meeting......but the Riverside is a 'stand' alone issue ( no pun intended), as the club made an announcement about new design issues - and then it all went quiet over there

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2016, 05:10:00 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2016, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2016, 04:12:06 PM
Surely the complaint here shouldn't be at the FST for not telling us what happened when they nagged the club on our behalf, but rather, with the club for implying there'd be some development in August then keeping silent through August, September, October and now November...

Not that any of really matters because we all know this sort of delay and obfuscation from the club is their way of saying they ain't gonna build anything

I must agree - the club should release some information regarding the FST meeting......but the Riverside is a 'stand' alone issue ( no pun intended), as the club made an announcement about new design issues - and then it all went quiet over there

It may have been just a coincidence, but it appeared to go very quiet soon after it was announced and confirmed that there was no oil discovered under the River Thames.

There might be a rich seam of shopping trollies though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

f321ffc

This comment always comes up. Of course we represent all the fans, BUT we are a membership organisation that is run by the fees we receive from the yearly subs (£10 Adults & £5 Concessions).
Hence we will always go to the membership (which covers all ages and areas) for questions and give feedback to them first unless we decide otherwise.
I wish we didn't need funds to run website, database, email system and other costs and could be all encompassing of the Fulham fans. But we cant run like that.

We are always open to help with the committee or for fans to stand and give their time for free to make meetings, not only with club, but with other supporters organsiations and football related groups. If Interested then please get in touch at http://fulhamsupporterstrust.squarespace.com/contact-us/

[/quote]
I am not a member( not sure why, probably just  too lazy to join) but I agree with you 100% and commend You and all involved with the trust for your time and effort.
Anyone who can't wait a couple of days to hear what is usually none  news then really should take the time and invest a £10 note and join, me ? I'm happy to wait and see but often if there is any news from these meetings it breaks on here pretty quick. 049:gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southfield White

Bring back the supporters club  ;-)   086.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm a member and haven't received anything, unless of course my membership expired !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dorsetwhite

£10 membership is peanuts. The FSt give up time, and effort to "work" on our behalf,attending meetings,  and try to address the concerns of us fans. They keep us best informed about what's going on between us and the people who run the club.
The fanzine TOOFIF is also a great vehicle of keeping us informed too' It's informative reflective and is a great read. (Much better then the matchday programme) It's cost is only £3.50 a copy, and deserves greater support from both fans and supporters.
I could go on.

SP

Quote from: Southfield White on November 14, 2016, 08:18:23 PM

And bring back the supporters club shed that used to be in the Hammersmith End.

Southfield White

Quote from: SP on November 16, 2016, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: Southfield White on November 14, 2016, 08:18:23 PM

And bring back the supporters club shed that used to be in the Hammersmith End.

We thought we was going to get our own supporters club Bar, but that was never going to happen