more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frank Lampard to leave NYC

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 15, 2016, 12:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

YankeeJim

No. Makes Berbatov look active now a days.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

One Martin Thomas

If I rightly remember that it was him that bought The Cottage Pub and knocked it down; no chance !!

westcliff white

the rumour is that he is off to be a coach somewhere
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

cookieg

Didn't his house get burgled and FFC graffiti sprayed on the walls? Perhaps we could offer him his TV back.

Maybe QPArse will make him an offer he can refuse.

alfie

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 15, 2016, 08:13:18 AM
If I rightly remember that it was him that bought The Cottage Pub and knocked it down; no chance !!
It has not been knocked down just converted into flats.
As for him buying the pub, not really sure if that was true but if he did or did not buy it that is really irrelevant, no one ever went in there apart from 4/5 regulars, and on match days, just could not remain open as a pub, it was costing a fortune. Not really a reason not to take him though, i would base it purely on footballing matters, not buying pubs that are closing down.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2016, 11:14:37 AM
As for him buying the pub, not really sure if that was true but if he did or did not buy it that is really irrelevant, no one ever went in there apart from 4/5 regulars, and on match days, just could not remain open as a pub, it was costing a fortune. Not really a reason not to take him though, i would base it purely on footballing matters, not buying pubs that are closing down.

Lampard is a partner in the property developing company that bought the Cottage as if he needed more money.
As far as I was told the pub was acquired by said company & then closed. Shame as it was one of the few proper old pubs left in the area, would go occasionally in midweek on my days off. Not completely dead in there, funnily enough I would often see Paul Brooker playing pool with his mates, always busy on matchdays.
Was always going to happen though sadly, off the beaten track and not much footfall as the old crowd replaced by the "new" Fulham residents, worth a lot more as real estate. Happening to pubs everywhere

The Equalizer

Quote from: westcliff white on November 15, 2016, 09:18:02 AM

I take it he's just waiting to get 'National Express' tattooed onto his arse?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MisfitKid

Diver, Stevie G is leaving the Galaxatives too...  :down_under:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

alfie

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 15, 2016, 02:09:08 PM

Lampard is a partner in the property developing company that bought the Cottage as if he needed more money.
As far as I was told the pub was acquired by said company & then closed. Shame as it was one of the few proper old pubs left in the area, would go occasionally in midweek on my days off. Not completely dead in there, funnily enough I would often see Paul Brooker playing pool with his mates, always busy on matchdays.
Was always going to happen though sadly, off the beaten track and not much footfall as the old crowd replaced by the "new" Fulham residents, worth a lot more as real estate. Happening to pubs everywhere
It was always going to close, when I first moved here over 30 years ago, it was never doing much business then, and I used to go in there midweek not too long before it closed and sometimes I was the only person there. You are absolutely correct about the "new" Fulham residents in and around the area, people just do not go into pubs much now, me included, mind you there is not one pub in Fulham that I like so it's no hardship.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

grandad

He will go back to the Blue Poo as a coach.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2016, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 15, 2016, 02:09:08 PM

It was always going to close, when I first moved here over 30 years ago, it was never doing much business then, and I used to go in there midweek not too long before it closed and sometimes I was the only person there. You are absolutely correct about the "new" Fulham residents in and around the area, people just do not go into pubs much now, me included, mind you there is not one pub in Fulham that I like so it's no hardship.

As a bit of a pub enthusiast I still found it very sad. Been going to Fulham for years and stumbled upon it by accident in the early 90s. Loved how the pub sign was based on the mid 80s programme design.
I dont think a lot of out of town Fulham fans knew about it. Spoke to people who were coming to Fulham for years & they never even knew it was there. It became a lot busier during the Fayed years.
Not a lot of call for traditional back street boozers in Fulham (and a lot of other places) nowadays. Most of those local rahs wouldnt be seen dead in a non poncey gastropub

Barrett487

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 15, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 15, 2016, 09:18:02 AM

I take it he's just waiting to get 'National Express' tattooed onto his arse?

Or a Greyhound maybe?

mrmicawbers

He's got a posting on the Star Ship Enterprise manning the Deflector Shields.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why is it; when ever anyone of slight note, regardless of age, becomes a free agent do we have this same conversation? He is 36 or 37 now. Scott Parker struggles so I doubt he'll fair any better. And how about we utilise the academy we have, and develop our own stars instead of paying a has been an extortionate amount of money?

As for his business acumen, I have heard that he would often offer a house seller the asking price in cash. That offer would obviously be accepted because they know he's got the money. It would go through all the expensive processes of selling a house and, at the absolute last minute, he would change his offer to £20-30k less. Knowing full well the seller would have no real option but to accept.

So, in summary, no thanks
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

YankeeJim

Stevie G and Fat Frank were brought into MLS as marquee signings. Neither did much. They both appeared slow and lazy. Course, not having a world class striker to pass to might have made a difference. MLS seems to be doing what Jol did with FFC, bringing in worn out senior citizens based on prior press releases and not worrying about help for the team. Hopefully they'll not be penalized as much as the Whites were.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cookieg

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 16, 2016, 06:26:11 PM
Stevie G and Fat Frank were brought into MLS as marquee signings. Neither did much. They both appeared slow and lazy. Course, not having a world class striker to pass to might have made a difference. MLS seems to be doing what Jol did with FFC, bringing in worn out senior citizens based on prior press releases and not worrying about help for the team. Hopefully they'll not be penalized as much as the Whites were.

Was this not the story with Best, Marsh and Beckenbaur etc.? High profile names but at the wrong end of their careers looking for a payday before retirement. I don't know too much about the MLS but bringing the likes of Gerard and Lampard is more about publicity and tickets than anything else.