watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN: "Hangeland has no exit plans"

Started by kewbridgeffc, August 23, 2010, 05:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewbridgeffc

Amidst all of the hoopla surrounding the match on the weekend I wonder how many people caught this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6329236,00.html

Quote"Some people in football are too keen to move on all the time," Hangeland told The Sunday Times "When you come to a club and think, 'This is a nice place, good people, good fans, doing well', those should be reasons to stay."

I don't think enough is said about this guy and his open commitment to us. With all of the uncertainty surrounding some of our key players this is sure to be a tense week. Which is why it's good to know that at least one of them recognizes a good situation when they find one. Thank you Brede! 

I think I'm going to get me a #5 shirt next...

SmithyFFC

What a complete legend Brede is, I feared he was a 'Roy man' and would be out the door as soon as Roy went, but what a great guy, well done Brede!!

COYW
FTID

JBH

Top Man Brede you could see how much that goal mean't to him yesterday  :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus:

mccscratch

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 23, 2010, 05:19:50 PM
What a complete legend Brede is, I feared he was a 'Roy man' and would be out the door as soon as Roy went, but what a great guy, well done Brede!!

COYW

This is truly something lost in the modern footballing world... I think all these high wage earners forget what it is to be a team and how much you truly have to love your teammates in order for a club to punch above their suspected weight... I reckon that there is an amazing amount of togetherness with in our squad.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Tom

What a breath of fresh air, a player that wants to stay with his club. Brede is the man! More players need to take after him.  :54:
Fulham for life!

richardhkirkando

"Some people in football are too keen to move on all the time,"

Is he talking about Roy?  Just wondering out loud...

Lighthouse

Hangeland treats the game as a job he enjoys but not one to have that many sleepness nights over. If he likes where he is then he has no feeling in going to another club. He is only rare in the football world because he wants to enjoy the game and not chase honours and end up with nothing. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Teabag

I read the article (no links as the ST is now a pay to view site). It was a full page article and Brede came across as a very nice bloke. He enjoys walking around his neighbourhood where few recognise him and I think he would feel uncomfortable at a big club where he became a celebrity. Can't see him moving on.

Andy Crysell

I can't think of ANY player in the world I'd swap Brede for.

On balance, I'd rather we kept him here than Woy.

As a man, he's pure class as well.

We love you, big fella!!   :004:

Steve_orino

Quote from: Andy Crysell on August 23, 2010, 07:15:00 PM

A. Crysell with the man-crush on the Norwegian Giraffe!

Really refreshing to read the big guys comments.  That was fantastic that he was able to redeem himself, within the same  game too!  Hope there is more of those type headers this season...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Andy Crysell

I can't argue with that, Steve!!

Quote from: Steve_orino on August 25, 2010, 03:55:28 AM
Quote from: Andy Crysell on August 23, 2010, 07:15:00 PM

A. Crysell with the man-crush on the Norwegian Giraffe!

Really refreshing to read the big guys comments.  That was fantastic that he was able to redeem himself, within the same  game too!  Hope there is more of those type headers this season...
:Sparkyticus:

LRCN

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 23, 2010, 05:19:50 PM

COYW

yeah i thought this as well. i mean he's still on 30 or 40 grand a week so we aren't paying him a pittance but his loyalty is really nice to see. let's hope he's here for a few years yet.