watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

emailing the club - how long to wait for a reply

Started by Huxley, November 24, 2016, 10:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

So I emailed the club, [email protected]. Got an automated response that my email will be answered within 48 hours. Without anting to flog  a dead horse it was about highlights only appearing in fulhamTv, whereas SWFC had them free to air. So that was on Monday and still no response... twitter gets no response, so any other email address to try? It amazes me that in the email I explained that I was a season ticket holder for 5 years, not this year (so maybe some interest to respond to my email) and that hiding highlights, which really is advertising for the club behind a pay wall, is distancing the club from the fans. Maybe the person is on holiday, but just another example where I feel fans are not being respected.

Barrett487

I reckon you'll get a reply within 48 hours... just a guess, but when I contacted them they achieved that timeline.

H4usuallysitting

I'm wondering how Wednesday can show free to air, maybe they're allowed to show highlights and not the full 90 free....I'm going to try and check on Saturday and see whether Wednesday have there version of GJ free to air as well

mrmicawbers

Alexis

I'm pretty sure the fants from other clubs were complaining about the same thing when we had the highlights for free on our website.
Fulham 来了!

Logicalman

I got a response within the 48 hours and they dealt with the issues raised admirably. So not all experiences are the same.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wolf

48 hours is a very short target, particularly for any issue of complexity.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

gang

Normally it is within 48 hours. The issue with charging for highlights is understood by the club but as explained before they feel that they can no longer subsidise the cost of showing them and let's face it is isn't a large charge.

toshes mate

Quote from: gang on November 25, 2016, 09:36:19 AM
Normally it is within 48 hours. The issue with charging for highlights is understood by the club but as explained before they feel that they can no longer subsidise the cost of showing them and let's face it is isn't a large charge.

In addition to the subsidy argument FFC has stated they would face being fined by the EFL for failing to charge for highlights.  All the research I have conducted into the activities of EFL leads me to conclude that clubs are being encouraged (if not pressured under threat) to charge.  I would still like to have some clarity from EFL that clubs will be fined if they don't charge since that is not clear from the rules as they appear.  Has any club been fined for failing to adhere to charging arrangements?  Does the £3 charge cover the monthly cost of collecting the amounts involved?   I am left feeling that the match and the highlights coverage charge is mis-selling but not by FFC.   

Jem

I emailed them on Sunday and has a helpful response on Monday. As for flogging a dead horse I am sorry but you are. They made quite clear their reasons when Fulhamtv went live.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Fairplay_Stewart

I'm not complaining about the response rate, as I so clearly remember how it was 15-20 years ago for an Norwegian fan trying to order a Fulham-shirt :) I actually placed an order once and paid, but never received the shirt. The club was a mess, so i figured i could just give them the money instead of complain and get the shirt. Those were the days :)

westcliff white

I have always found that I get a reply within 24 hours, and every issue I have ever asked about has been dealt with really well
Every day is a Fulham day

NogoodBoyo

I was lured into the ffctv deal with the introductory rate of GBP2.00 as opposed to the GBP2.99 full rate.  What was I charged?  GBP2.99!
Nogood "not going to waste my time chasing 99p but there is a moral there somewhere, like" Boyo

nose

i am waiting for around 6 weeks for a reply V the new fulham tv nonsense but they have not repied despite getting the 48 hour promise.

not impressed.. i will e-mail them when we get to the 8 week anniversary

gang

Quote from: nose on November 25, 2016, 09:04:43 PM
i am waiting for around 6 weeks for a reply V the new fulham tv nonsense but they have not repied despite getting the 48 hour promise.

What was your question? perhaps it has already been answered on a previous forum.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 25, 2016, 01:04:53 AM
Is it really worth the effort for the money?

What if it goes up to a fiver next season - the club make a statement and democracy let's us challenge it

gang

Ah profit, the problem with a capitalist society

nose

Quote from: gang on November 25, 2016, 10:42:21 PM
Quote from: nose on November 25, 2016, 09:04:43 PM

What was your question? perhaps it has already been answered on a previous forum.

maybe the question was answered but not by the club. the auto reply says they will personally be in touch usually within48 hours. well that is long gone.

grandad

I have never had any problems with getting replies from the Enquiries option , Nicola Wallworth nor Sarah Brooks.
Where there's a will there's a wife