watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Motspur Park

Started by mrmicawbers, November 25, 2016, 06:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Credit where It's due.Looks like a fantastic upgrade.Khans put his hand in his pocket.Does anyone know how much?Interesting that although Mike Rigg was in the pictures on the official,Looks like he on the periphery.

alfie

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 25, 2016, 06:44:38 PM
Credit where It's due.Looks like a fantastic upgrade.Khans put his hand in his pocket.Does anyone know how much?Interesting that although Mike Rigg was in the pictures on the official,Looks like he on the periphery.

believe it was around £6 million
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mrmicawbers

Quote from: alfie on November 25, 2016, 06:45:49 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 25, 2016, 06:44:38 PM
Cheers Alfie,looks like money well spent.Must take in an under 18 or U23 game and have a proper look

believe it was around £6 million

Burt

I don't subscribe to FulhamTV so thought I would see if there was anything about it on YouTube and so plugged Motspur Park in to the search bar and I am pleased to report that there are lots of interesting videos about certain trains going across the level crossing there.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on November 26, 2016, 11:53:47 AM
Very nice but Even if it did cost £6m (which with all due respect, I doubt) it's more likely to be half the McCormack money that we didn't spend on a new striker rather than having come from khan's pocket. That was sewn shut a couple of years ago.
What's with you Mr Statto, why do you always question/doubt anything positive about FFC, I heard a while ago the cost was around that mark, and I have since watched the video regarding all the upgrades and it clearly says £6 million. They now have this big new indoor arena, a new stand for the main pitch, and a few other bits and pieces.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

grandad

Motspur Park is very dear to me. As a young teenager I represented Surrey in the Junior AAA. I was a middle distance runner. Don´t know if the track is still there on the other side of the main building which looks from the outside the same as 57 years ago.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riverside

The pitches , new stand and the dome make for a great training facility
A good springboard for a recovering club
This is £6mn very well spent - in this case I would say invested .

Southfield White

No track there, and I'm afraid I doubt very much anyone who goes the watch the u18sor 23s will get a complete look around as they have stewards there stopping fans going to some parts of the training ground.

As for the money, can't believe people would moan,not as if they are paying for it.

This upgrade is very very important for the future of the club.

We need to keep hold of Catergory 1 status, most won't know how important this is, but it's major and with the refurbishment of the training ground it will only help us keeping Catergory 1 status

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Southfield White on November 26, 2016, 06:41:25 PM
No track there, and I'm afraid I doubt very much anyone who goes the watch the u18sor 23s will get a complete look around as they have stewards there stopping fans going to some parts of the training ground.

As for the money, can't believe people would moan,not as if they are paying for it.

We need to keep hold of Catergory 1 status, most won't know how important this is, but it's major and with the refurbishment of the training ground it will only help us keeping Catergory 1 status

Maintaining Cat 1 status keeps us in PL2 (as far as I'm aware it's only for teams with Cat 1 status) and also prevents clubs from poaching our young players for literally pocket change - like, less than a down payment for a mortgage in London style pocket change.  The importance of that really shouldn't be understated.

bill taylors apprentice

I played there a few times against London Uni when they owned the ground but the running track went shortly after we moved in.

The track featured in the film Chariots of fire.

Southfield White

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on November 26, 2016, 07:00:37 PM

Maintaining Cat 1 status keeps us in PL2 (as far as I'm aware it's only for teams with Cat 1 status) and also prevents clubs from poaching our young players for literally pocket change - like, less than a down payment for a mortgage in London style pocket change.  The importance of that really shouldn't be understated.

That's correct, it also helps us to attract the better youth players too

And of course keep hold of our wonderful academy staff.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 26, 2016, 03:38:39 PM
Quote from: grandad on November 26, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
Motspur Park is very dear to me. As a young teenager I represented Surrey in the Junior AAA. I was a middle distance runner. Don´t know if the track is still there on the other side of the main building which looks from the outside the same as 57 years ago.

Name was Ulysses I believe, I have ran round that track a number of times, and competed in the Discus in my younger days. Not sure if the track is still there. 

Don't let him near any plates

Riversider

Just to clarify for everyone, it helps attract future talent but it doesn't "prevent clubs from poaching our young players for literally pocket change" as clearly demonstrated in the summer by Celtic signing Dembele for £500k and now valued at £10 million +
Where was the prevention there ?

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Riversider on November 27, 2016, 12:50:19 PM

Just to clarify for everyone, it helps attract future talent but it doesn't "prevent clubs from poaching our young players for literally pocket change" as clearly demonstrated in the summer by Celtic signing Dembele for £500k and now valued at £10 million +

Dembele wasn't on a youth contract - and his contract had ended.  Cat 1 teams can (AFAIK) sign players on youth contracts from non-Cat 1 teams for a couple of grand for each year they've been at their current club.

Southfield White

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on November 27, 2016, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: Riversider on November 27, 2016, 12:50:19 PM

Dembele wasn't on a youth contract - and his contract had ended.  Cat 1 teams can (AFAIK) sign players on youth contracts from non-Cat 1 teams for a couple of grand for each year they've been at their current club.

Some players go for a lot more than a couple of grand for each year

And I'm afraid we got no where near the 500k for Dembele.

But once again keeping Cat 1 is so important and doing up Motspur park will only help

Southfield White

Quote from: Statto on November 28, 2016, 07:52:34 PM
The amount we got for Dembele, if I've understood the rules correctly, would have been 360,000 Euros. That's 90,000 (the yearly amount it's deemed to cost a category 1 UEFA club to train a player) multiplied by 4 (the number of seasons he played for us).

Ironically, for international transfers within the EU, it seems to be the ACQUIRING club's category that determines the amount paid. So I've assumed Celtic have a category 1 status academy like us. If they've a cat 2 (or 3 or 4) status academy, then we'd only have got EUR 240k (or cat 3: 120k, cat 4: 40k) irrespective of our own status.

On a more positive note, I think we're entitled to 2% of any sell-on fee(s) (0.5% for each year we had him). I believe that covers fees from any future international transfers whatsoever, irrespective of his age, so if Arsenal buy him for £10m next year we get £200k, then if Barcelona buy him off Arsenal for £40m five years later, we get another £800k.

I'm not entirely sure of the foregoing but if people want to read the rules for themselves they're here:

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/70/95/52/regulationsonthestatusandtransferofplayersjune2016_e_neutral.pdf

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/51/56/07/transfer_commentary_06_en_1843.pdf

Personally I'm undecided as to whether the academy is really worth it. In my mind you've the likes of LVC and Roberts' fee in the "for" column, but the Hyndman and Dembele outcomes probably in the "against" column. Although I accept we did get a bit more money for Hyndman and one good season from Dembele.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson and get the youngsters signed on longer deals when they are old enough.

Weve tied down Ryan to a long term deal now so hopefully we continue this trend.

I feel the youngsters wont get a chance though so can see alot moving on, as all they want to do is play

alfie

Quote from: Southfield White on November 28, 2016, 09:08:19 PM
The amount we got for Dembele, if I've understood the rules correctly, would have been 360,000 Euros. That's 90,000 (the yearly amount it's deemed to cost a category 1 UEFA club to train a player) multiplied by 4 (the number of seasons he played for us).

Ironically, for international transfers within the EU, it seems to be the ACQUIRING club's category that determines the amount paid. So I've assumed Celtic have a category 1 status academy like us. If they've a cat 2 (or 3 or 4) status academy, then we'd only have got EUR 240k (or cat 3: 120k, cat 4: 40k) irrespective of our own status.

On a more positive note, I think we're entitled to 2% of any sell-on fee(s) (0.5% for each year we had him). I believe that covers fees from any future international transfers whatsoever, irrespective of his age, so if Arsenal buy him for £10m next year we get £200k, then if Barcelona buy him off Arsenal for £40m five years later, we get another £800k.

I'm not entirely sure of the foregoing but if people want to read the rules for themselves they're here:

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/70/95/52/regulationsonthestatusandtransferofplayersjune2016_e_neutral.pdf

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/51/56/07/transfer_commentary_06_en_1843.pdf

Personally I'm undecided as to whether the academy is really worth it. In my mind you've the likes of LVC and Roberts' fee in the "for" column, but the Hyndman and Dembele outcomes probably in the "against" column. Although I accept we did get a bit more money for Hyndman and one good season from Dembele.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson and get the youngsters signed on longer deals when they are old enough.

Weve tied down Ryan to a long term deal now so hopefully we continue this trend.

I feel the youngsters wont get a chance though so can see alot moving on, as all they want to do is play
It matters not one jot if we have learnt our lesson as you say, if the player/agent are not interested in signing.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Southfield White

Quote from: alfie on November 29, 2016, 07:57:36 AM
Quote from: Southfield White on November 28, 2016, 09:08:19 PM

It matters not one jot if we have learnt our lesson as you say, if the player/agent are not interested in signing.

Of course it matters that we need to learn from it.
Not all players and agents are money grabbers.

Pat wanted to go, he wasn't getting played and we got good money for him.

Emerson and Moussa were different.
If we'd of offered longer contracts then they probably would of stayed, but we didn't and we lost both for next to nothing.