News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton's 2nd goal, somebody help please?

Started by davew, November 28, 2016, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Old timer on November 29, 2016, 09:23:38 PM
Quote from: davew on November 28, 2016, 11:02:40 PM
So nobody has an opinion???
Well I agree with you the goal looked offside and still looks offside. Sadly the goal counts and the result stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't agree, I thought he was onside, just, when the ball was played he looked offside when he scored but that's allowed if he was inside when the ball is play d.

Just shows how hard the job is
Every day is a Fulham day

Beamer

McDonald stood with his arms out wide seems to be saying 'how the hell did he get there and who is supposed to be marking him' rather than claiming an offside.

RaySmith

I can't see how he isn't offside.

There was a sustained period of Brighton pressure, when we failed to clear our lines, with the ball pinging around - but we seemed to be standing firm with  a lot of players behind the ball.
The scorer was offside, so that's why noone  covered him because it would have played him onside?

The ball just  pinged to him , catching everyone out, but  surely he was offside.
Unless it hit a Fulham player when it was crossed, but it didn't look as if it did.

davew

So the jury has reached a split decision, perhaps if the players had appealed more, well who knows as some have said, doesn't matter now as we lost!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)