News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton's 2nd goal, somebody help please?

Started by davew, November 28, 2016, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I know this has been partially covered on another thread, but having studied the replay of the 2nd goal, time after time, so much so that I am getting fed up watching it, from the recorded Channel 5 program, maybe I should consider a visit to specsavers? The lack of any offside claims from any of the Fulham players must mean I am wrong in my assumption that Murray was offside, maybe my TV has a blind spot, or we have an invisible defender, but I cannot honestly see who played him onside? 1 of you experts might want to post a video of the 2nd goal or a simple explanation of who played him onside would suffice. Thanks
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Kent Cassandra

You beat me to the post, thought exactly the same myself. Thought it might be a deflection by one of our players???
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

davew

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on November 28, 2016, 11:16:43 PM
You beat me to the post, thought exactly the same myself. Thought it might be a deflection by one of our players???
Cheers, we have the technology to record and replay such events (not that it alters the result), very surprised only 2 of us are querying it so far, perhaps the early birds will participate in the morning?

New Kid on the Block

Davew, you want to get out more. Wrong decisions happen all the time, what's the point of going over it, repeatedly?

bog

We don't get the benefit of in line cameras for replays so it is hard to say, but to me it looked offside, but I would say that wouldn't I....

092.gif

westcliff white

Malone had his arm up appealing for offside, but hsould have been closer to murray, but for me when the ball was played Siggurdson was playing Murray onside. He was offside when he shot but not offside when the ball was played
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

It looks as if he must have been offside when he was taking tea and crumpets in the middle of our penalty area without any sign of a passing Fulham player. But I was so disgusted at our lack of concentration and allowing such space to occur. That I have a feeling we played him on.

Time for tiffin, oh look a ball, I shall just pass into the net and carry on my picnic.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

That still only shows when he took the shot, not when it was crossed.

I haven't seen the goal since the match so couldn't comment if it was offside. Regardless, the defending is beyond horrendous and it's their fault, not a marginal offside.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

res

Clearly on side unfortunately, Sigs was playing him onside when the ball was crossed, but Malone/others should have been covering ball side. A collective defensive mistake showing that at times the back 4/5 communication is still lacking.

Bill2

Quote from: davew on November 28, 2016, 10:09:32 PM
I know this has been partially covered on another thread, but having studied the replay of the 2nd goal, time after time, so much so that I am getting fed up watching it, from the recorded Channel 5 program, maybe I should consider a visit to specsavers? The lack of any offside claims from any of the Fulham players must mean I am wrong in my assumption that Murray was offside, maybe my TV has a blind spot, or we have an invisible defender, but I cannot honestly see who played him onside? 1 of you experts might want to post a video of the 2nd goal or a simple explanation of who played him onside would suffice. Thanks
Just watched the highlights and if you look one of our players had his arm raised as soon as the pass was made, so may have been offside, but with the lack of any playback and poor camera angle impossible to say.

The same goes with the penalty shout at the latter stages of the game on Malone, tried to play it back a frame at a time and while quality was poor it looked like he was being grabbed around the waist, the defender made no attempt to play the ball, so in my mind it should have been a penalty.

brixology

Quote from: Statto on November 29, 2016, 09:55:51 AM
The defending is shocking.

Kalas shouldn't be absolved of blame because he's out of shot. He's out of position because he's run off following the ball before it's played in, which as I said on another thread, I've noticed a few times now, including for the Sheffield Wednesday goal.

Sigurdsson seems to think as long as he stays on his man he's no duty as a centre back to be aware of any other player or to bring up the back line and set the offside trap.

Malone can see the whole thing happening in front of him but doesn't think to tell anyone or intervene himself.

McDonald seems to be trying to cover Kalas but without any idea what that should actually involve him doing.

Defending like this makes me think we should get Madl back in the team, although that would be harsh on Sigurdsson (assuming it's him we drop) because I don't think he's been any worse than Kalas recently.

I have been a big Kalas fan, so my opinion is biased, but I don't have a problem with him following the ball in that situation.  Turning and running back into the box would have been a strange decision (and wouldn't have altered the result).  The problem I see when watching the goal back is the lack of cover by his teammates.  It was very obvious that Kalas had abandoned his post, so one of the other characters you mention have to be closer.  Specifically, Malone took the risk and stepped up and we paid for it.

westcliff white

Isnt Odoi more central to cover for Kalas?, he seems (or someone is defeinately there) between Siggurdson and McDonald
Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

Anyone else think we are consistently on the wrong end of bad refereeing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

filham

Quote from: alexmur on November 29, 2016, 05:17:32 PM

Offside decisions are difficult, the problem is keeping your eye on the players making and receiving the pass at the same time. Linesmen get it right most times, certainly more often than we do.

cmg

Yes. Every supporter of every team in the history of football.

alexmur

Quote from: cmg on November 29, 2016, 06:57:54 PM

Hahaha fair point

cmg

Quote from: alexmur on November 29, 2016, 07:05:53 PM
Quote from: cmg on November 29, 2016, 06:57:54 PM

Hahaha fair point

...but we are right!

hovewhite

Old timer

Quote from: davew on November 28, 2016, 11:02:40 PM
So nobody has an opinion???
Well I agree with you the goal looked offside and still looks offside. Sadly the goal counts and the result stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk