https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lovely Article

Started by Peabody, December 03, 2016, 08:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

On Tony Macedo in todays programme. I still think he was our best keeper

Fulham1959

I would love to see that, if anyone could scan it.

Oakeshott

He was an exceptional keeper, though I did once see him at White Hart Lane teasing Jimmy Greaves by pretending to throw the ball to him and in doing so he let it slip. In those days there was no one sharper in the box than Jimmy and he put the ball in the net with no problem.

It is hard to compare players over time, but in my view Tony is certainly be up there with Mark S and VDS as our very best keepers over the last fifty years.

grandad

He was a real legend & one of my top 5 all time favourite players.One of the 1st GK´s to wear non green shirts.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

His reputation for bravery amongst flying feet and elbows is forever intact, because modern goalies are protected by referees nowadays.

win-dup

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 03, 2016, 08:45:10 PM
He was an exceptional keeper, though I did once see him at White Hart Lane teasing Jimmy Greaves by pretending to throw the ball to him and in doing so he let it slip. In those days there wa

no one sharper in the box than Jimmy and he put the ball in the net with no problem.

It is hard to compare players over time, but in my view Tony is certainly be up there with Mark S and VDS as our very best keepers over the last fifty years.

I was there that day! Think it was a draw in the end?  Loved Macedo, he was the first Fulham goalkeeper I ever saw that could actually cut out crosses from the wing!