watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jozabed

Started by Jamie88, December 06, 2016, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

The little we've seen him - he looked very comfortable, maybe he'll be seen more in the second half of the season

YoungsBitter

He
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 08, 2016, 03:09:56 PM
The little we've seen him - he looked very comfortable, maybe he'll be seen more in the second half of the season
He continues to play in the U21s and featured in the loss against Charlton ( as did LVC, Tunnicliffe and Woodrow, but interestingly not Humphries so maybe he gets his place on the bench this weekend ahead of Martin missing out on the Derby game?).
That shows they continue to want him getting game time and remaining match fit, similar to the others listed above. We have so far avoided many injuries but it would only take a couple of key people to get hurt over Xmas and all the talk of shipping players out on loan and/or back to Spain will disappear.
Quark, strangeness and charm

cmg

Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 08, 2016, 06:38:03 PM

He continues to play in the U21s and featured in the loss against Charlton ( as did LVC, Tunnicliffe and Woodrow, but interestingly not Humphries so maybe he gets his place on the bench this weekend ahead of Martin missing out on the Derby game?).

Maybe. But Humphrys tweeted that he was ill.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: cmg on December 08, 2016, 06:48:55 PM

It was wishful thinking, I would like to see him get a chance as his contract is up end of this season and Woodrow does not suit the single target man role Joka prefers.

FPT

Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 08, 2016, 07:08:54 PM

It was wishful thinking, I would like to see him get a chance as his contract is up end of this season and Woodrow does not suit the single target man role Joka prefers.

70% of Cauley's problem is seemingly him or the club not knowing who and what type of striker he really is at professional level. In the under 18s and under 21s, he could be a target man. Is he grown up enough yet to be that? He's quite similar to Harry Kane (who Woodrow actually outperformed in Toulon a couple of years back), but Kane has only a couple of inches of Cauley but built like a completely different animal.

Cauley drew comparisons to Teddy Sheringham early on, I don't know whether that's still there but I don't think he's ever been allowed the opportunity to play in a role and in a partnership that suits his abilities.

I ranted, but side note, Humphrys was ill hence why he didn't play, not because of first team involvement.

J

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 08, 2016, 11:34:29 AM
Quote from: J on December 07, 2016, 10:43:19 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 06, 2016, 05:17:46 PM
Just wondering what his situation actually is if anyone has a bit more insider knowledge.

I've heard that he is due to go back to Spain on loan/transfer as he is struggling/homesick, but then I have also heard that that is not the case and it is just a case of him not being good enough compared to what we have and that is why he has been demoted to the U23s.

From the little I have seen of him so far he has look promising, just a little lightweight. Maybe we are going to try and bulk him up before we use him?

Not a dig at you, but homesick / going out on loan back to Spain just sounds like the kind of thing people make up to fill in the gaps when they don't know what's going on

I haven't made it up, it mentions it in this article:

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-man-still-needs-adapt-12077949

Fair play, I didn't mean that you made it up :)

I just take a lot of things like this with a healthy pinch of salt as often rumours / assumptions and hearsay generate their own momentum without any fact checking (which I appreciate is what you are doing in starting this thread!)

YoungsBitter

Quote from: FPT on December 08, 2016, 11:12:23 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 08, 2016, 07:08:54 PM

70% of Cauley's problem is seemingly him or the club not knowing who and what type of striker he really is at professional level. In the under 18s and under 21s, he could be a target man. Is he grown up enough yet to be that? He's quite similar to Harry Kane (who Woodrow actually outperformed in Toulon a couple of years back), but Kane has only a couple of inches of Cauley but built like a completely different animal.

Cauley drew comparisons to Teddy Sheringham early on, I don't know whether that's still there but I don't think he's ever been allowed the opportunity to play in a role and in a partnership that suits his abilities.
Cauley is popular amongst the players and most people on here want to see him succeed. I have seen him play for the last 3 years, admittedly off and on, as you say he rarely gets regular time or with a regular strike partner, but he has yet to take his opportunity and grab it by the throat. This is the 4th manager to have seen him in U18, U21, PL2 and first team plus the Academy coaches and no one has yet gambled on him, other than cup games when to be honest he has not been able to take his opportunity to impress.
I think the best for him is to step down a league, play week in week out and show Joka and everyone else what he can do with regular game time.

@jolslover

Cairney and Martin on their Live Q and A said Jozabed never smiles
STH H3

vancouver

Quote from: @jolslover on December 09, 2016, 05:17:27 PM
Cairney and Martin on their Live Q and A said Jozabed never smiles

Given that after His best season where he scored 10 goals in La Liga and earned a big money move to england , he's since done nothing even in the reserve squad of a Championship side. He shouldnt be smiling

@jolslover

Jozabed not in the u21 squad for the game tonight. First team squad tomorrow?
STH H3