watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ashes at Craven Cottage?

Started by Fulham 442, December 08, 2016, 08:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

A dear friend of ours requested his ashes be interred behind the goal at the Town End at Swindon's ground which has been done.  Does anyone know if Fulham do something similar, or if there is some sort of wall of remembrance for departed fans like Chelsea have?

Kent Cassandra

My brother had his ashes scattered over the pitch in 2002.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Dragoman

My friend died in 2009 and his family asked for his ashes to be scattered on the pitch but the request was turned down on the basis that it fell foul of Health and Safety regulations. In the end we scattered his ashes around a big tree in Bishop's Park. We pass it each time we go to the game and originally we used to touch it for luck. Seven years later I find that I'm not so superstitious!

gang

The club have for some time refused to have ashes scattered.

jarv

Several years ago I asked the club regarding my stepfather. They said no, polite excuse so we decided in the water off the coast of the Isle of Bute in Scotland. I will end up there too, my son is under strict instructions to do that, no cheating, dont throw them in Boston harbour and expect the tide to take them. :005:

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have it on good authority from the Chaplain of a Championship team that the reason for clubs reluctance is that human ashes can affect the turf and discolour it.
Must be some form of chemical in the ashes.

ScalleysDad

A while ago now we scattered some of my sisters ashes behind the goal at the Putney End at half time of the Lincoln cup game. She had moved up to Lincoln a few years earlier and became embedded into one of those big Lincolnshire families. About 100 'fans' came down for the game, a night out and the scattering so there was not much the quite friendly steward could do about it. We also scattered some around what would have been her seat.
How times have changed though. If you are not out of the ground in ten minutes you are politely herded out even if you plead the case for a photo in front of the tunnel.

Shredhead

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 08, 2016, 04:19:57 PM
I have it on good authority from the Chaplain of a Championship team that the reason for clubs reluctance is that human ashes can affect the turf and discolour it.
Must be some form of chemical in the ashes.
We are all made of chemicals and when cremated almost half of the ashes are phosphate which is a fertiliser so I can understand clubs not wanting it on the pitch.

Incidentally, you can still be 'buried' at sea - off  Newhaven.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Fulham 442

That's a pity, although Scalley'sDad came up with a good alternative!!  Swindon's scheme for having your ashes interred behind one of the goal's is a great idea instead then!  Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think burial at sea would really be a plan!

Allestree andy

My brothe passed away two years ago, hwe lived in New Zealand, and his wife came over to scatter his ashes in fulham (he was born and bread here). We asked fulham about scattering his ashes, and were tole very politely the reason why we were not able to do this, so we scattered some in bishops park by all saints church, and some with mum and dad in brompton cemetry
To the limit and beyond