watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP John Glen

Started by Andy S, December 08, 2016, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The first American astronaught to orbit the Earth. It was not as safe as it is today and it is still risky. The Americans launched quicker than they had wanted to in order not to get left behind. This guy was a pioneer and he was heading for the Unknown. One of the vey brave people who was willing to risk his life and he survived to tell the tale. A very brave man RIP

Forever Fulham

There's so much junk -- detritus of satellites, space stations, past launch stuff--in orbit now that they say it's becoming a bit of a menace for launching future ships into space.  It whizzes by, damaging anything it strikes.  I think they touched on that in the Sandra Bullock movie the name of which momentarily escapes me.  Was it "Gravity"?  Think so... 

love4ffc

Wow.  I am actually finding out about this just know.  I knew he was in the hospital but had not idea it was this bad.  A true hero of mine and huge loss for the world. 

9739.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WhiteJC

MJG

In a bit of odd timing I'm off to Ed Harris in a play tonight (Buried Child) and he played John Glenn in The Right Stuff, which also starred Sam Shepard who wrote the play.

The Right Stuff is the first time I remember coming across the name of John Glenn and of course then realised there was more to NASA Astronauts than Neil Armstrong.

The Equalizer

Quote from: MJG on December 09, 2016, 10:31:00 AM
In a bit of odd timing I'm off to Ed Harris in a play tonight (Buried Child) and he played John Glenn in The Right Stuff, which also starred Sam Shepard who wrote the play.

The Right Stuff is the first time I remember coming across the name of John Glenn and of course then realised there was more to NASA Astronauts than Neil Armstrong.

I love that film. It's truly epic, and some wonderful performances all around, particularly, I think, from Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous, who played the haunted Gus Grissom. I think the director missed a trick with the casting though - he could have cast Sam Shepard as Alan Shepard and Scott Glenn as John Glenn.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

bog

RIP a true hero of outer space. 

092.gif

YankeeJim

He always was a class act as well. Few people knew that he completed 59 missions as a combat pilot as well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Williams Tale

149 missions if you include Korea.