watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Motspur Park

Started by Southfield White, December 09, 2016, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southfield White

I was down the training ground last night and finally got to see the fo shed work that has been going on down there.

I love motspur Park and although it may not be the biggest, but I think it's certainly one of the best and homely.

I've been lucky enough to go to many professional training grounds and although I'm biased, I still prefer it to any other.

The work that has gone on down there really does look good, so well done all involved from the contractors, those at Fulham and of course the Chairman.

We really do have a Premier league training ground, just need the team to get back to the Prem.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2016, 07:59:18 PM
of course this is a good thing but it does bother me to see the chairman given credit for it when it was probably paid for from the club's own revenue. you could even argue the chairman has benefited because it's surely better for him that the club invests its money in things like land and buildings which are much more likely to retain their value much better than a new striker will. credit to whoever at the club drove and oversaw the whole thing but not to the chairman just yet
Is a good chairman someone who has billions and is prepared to spend tens of  millions ( sorry, "invest") tens of millions on players? Is owning a football club just about being prepared to throw huge amounts of money into  a team so that they can perform above their real level? Genuine question. 

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2016, 07:59:18 PM
of course this is a good thing but it does bother me to see the chairman given credit for it when it was probably paid for from the club's own revenue. you could even argue the chairman has benefited because it's surely better for him that the club invests its money in things like land and buildings which are much more likely to retain their value much better than a new striker will. credit to whoever at the club drove and oversaw the whole thing but not to the chairman just yet

You really are loath to give Khan credit for anything aren't you?  Everything from the club has stated that it was fully funded by him, what more evidence do you need?  Receipts?  Personal bank statements?

Southfield White

Sorry chaps, don't really want this to be a thread about how good  or bad Khan is as Chairman.

I think he deserves credit  but this was really about how the training ground has improved on what was already a really nice training ground.

cmg

"Fulham Football Club Officially Open New Facilities

Friday 25 November 2016 13:15

Fulham Football Club today welcomed visitors to its Motspur Park Training Ground, to showcase its new and much enhanced elite training centre, funded entirely by Chairman Shahid Khan..."

Club statement

"Championship football club Fulham FC has opened the doors to its new "all-weather" training ground, which will be used by the first team, academy and surrounding community.

The Motspur Park facility was built to maintain the club's EPPP Category One status – a benchmark used the measure the quantity and quality of home-grown players developed.

Players will benefit from the all-weather dome, which has been erected to protect the training pitches.

As well as players employed by Fulham FC, the club will open it out to other people in the community.

The facility will be used for walking football, the Fulham FC Ladies Team, the Premier League Kicks inclusion programme, the Fulham Deaf Team, the Girls Development Centre and the Football Performance Centre.

Shahid Khan, the American-Pakistani owner of Fulham FC, funded all the improvement work himself.

"By generously funding the extensive project of works, the Fulham team has a first-class facility to train, our envied academy can prosper, and the community will benefit from the excellent programmes our Foundation delivers," said chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

"It is an accomplishment everyone at the club should be proud of."

Sports Management 28.11.16

Truth? Lies?
No ambiguity.

BestOfBrede

Blimey Statto - what's up? You seem to on a real downer on all optimistic posts today's!

Southfield White

If imhonest im not overly bothered about the Riverside stand at the moment.
We are not selling out every game so don't need the extra seats at this moment in time.
For me the training ground was more important as it helps the Academy to keep its Catergory 1 status.

Statto you can say Khan said this and Khan said that, but Al Gayed said we'd be the Man Utd of the South which fidnt quite turn out to be true

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2016, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: Southfield White on December 09, 2016, 09:22:09 PM

If imhonest im not overly bothered about the Riverside stand at the moment.
We are not selling out every game so don't need the extra seats at this moment in time.
For me the training ground was more important as it helps the Academy to keep its Catergory 1 status.

Statto you can say Khan said this and Khan said that, but Al Gayed said we'd be the Man Utd of the South which fidnt quite turn out to be true

You said you wanted the thread about motspur so I won't get started on al fayed, although IMO it should be a criminal offence to mention him and k*$n In the same sentence. Who knows maybe khan did finally blow the dust off his wallet and if so then fair play. Another small step in the right direction. As for the comment from someone else above that I'm on a downer all I'm doing is keeping some perspective, keeping it on the level. In a few weeks when we lose back to back games against Ipswich and reading all the "how long do we give jokanovic" posts will start again and I'll look like the voice of support and optimism.

Those dice of yours should be showing double one's "snake eyes" S001.gif