watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 - 4 And that my friends ............

Started by bill taylors apprentice, December 10, 2016, 04:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

One for the memory banks, must have been great entertainment for those in attendance.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 10, 2016, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on December 10, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
I think we should be more ambitious and see it as points dropped. Because, well, we threw away three points to scrape one at the end.

Poker,would you rather they won 4-3 then,of course you wouldn't.

No, of course not. But that's not the point I'm making.

I'd rather we were strong enough not to throw away a comfortable lead against a side on atrocious form.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Road Less Travelled

Wolves have beaten Newcastle, Birmingham and Reading this season.  They're not a bad team, they're inconsistent.

One game isn't why we will or won't go up.  We've got a much stronger mentality this season, and talk of bottling is pretty short of the mark.  If we were bottlers we wouldn't have come back to get a point today, or against Sheff Weds, or against Norwich.

One of the Wolves based journalists tweets suggested the first half was ours but with Wolves defensive awfulness and the second half was more open but relatively balanced with both teams having chances, and spells of dominance and that we looked more likely to get a winner before they got their fourth.

There's definitely room for improvement, but we're not woeful or in need of a complete overhaul.  We could have done with a striking option on the bench though, but that's old news.

Mince n Tatties

These things happen,always a bogey ground,maybe were destined not to win there.

Neil D

Meh.  It's always better this way than the other way round.  When you've reconciled yourself to a defeat after conceding a time-added-on goal, then a draw becomes  more palatable. Fifth and sixth places seemed destined to be up for grabs for the rest of the season and we are as well equipped as any of those in contention.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on December 10, 2016, 05:32:55 PM
Wolves have beaten Newcastle, Birmingham and Reading this season.  They're not a bad team, they're inconsistent.

One game isn't why we will or won't go up.  We've got a much stronger mentality this season, and talk of bottling is pretty short of the mark.  If we were bottlers we wouldn't have come back to get a point today, or against Sheff Weds, or against Norwich.

One of the Wolves based journalists tweets suggested the first half was ours but with Wolves defensive awfulness and the second half was more open but relatively balanced with both teams having chances, and spells of dominance and that we looked more likely to get a winner before they got their fourth.

There's definitely room for improvement, but we're not woeful or in need of a complete overhaul.  We could have done with a striking option on the bench though, but that's old news.
Nogood "A reasonable point then, isit" Boyo

Mince n Tatties

On match day thread someone said at 3-1 we are currently in sixth place as it stands..Every time these sorts of statements come out it back fires..lol

F(f)CUK

I have watched their fourth goal twice and still don't know how it went in.

Fulham 442

I think we should be more ambitious and see it as points dropped. Because, well, we threw away three points to scrape one at the end.

Poker,would you rather they won 4-3 then,of course you wouldn't.

No, of course not. But that's not the point I'm making.

I'd rather we were strong enough not to throw away a comfortable lead against a side on atrocious form.

I'm with you on this one Poker Matt!!

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on December 10, 2016, 05:32:55 PM

0001.jpeg

alfie

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 10, 2016, 05:11:56 PM
Decent point I suppose, on paper.

But I'm with the OP here. Positives, sure, but they had lost 4 in a row at home and were 3-1 down. Name another team in the playoff spots or above who would have bottled that?

We might well be hovering around the top 6 this season, but if you don't beat 20th from 3-1 up then you just can't hope to go up.

how about QPR
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

gezkc

It may be disappointing we didn't win, but as someone else on here said, any team can beat any other in the Championship.
I'm confident we're good enough to still be in the mix at the end of the season but if we don't go up, I won't be too heartbroken - this is a bloody exciting division to be in!

bill taylors apprentice

I'm not being fickle and I'm not saying we bottled it, far from it !

I'm also not saying I expect the likes of Wolves to lie down and let us cruise through the second half.

But I am saying any team that achieves promotion needs to play with more control and win games like today's more often than not, and at present we are dropping too many unnecessary points. Not through lack of ability but lack of game management and trying to control periods of the game better

But hay ho ! We have grown from being a joke to a very decent and attractive team in 20 games this season.

H4usuallysitting

Can I please reiterate Rotherham just turned QPR ovet

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 10, 2016, 06:26:42 PM
Can I please reiterate Rotherham just turned QPR ovet

That's nice but irrelevant.

I agree its a competitive league and all that but all I'm interested in is our teams performances and results.

In today's game it wasn't like H'field and Reading surrendering to a mid table team (us) and looking a shadow of their previous self's, we played well today (again) and didn't come home with 3 points due to not capitalising on our possession and winning position (again).

Yes there will be times when things don't go our way but we are too soft at present and its a flaw in the team that needs attending to.

BarryP

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 10, 2016, 05:06:08 PM
Bugger. yes, oh great, brilliant, blast, oh hell, sod off, hurrah.

A typical day with Fulham.

0001.jpeg
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

@jolslover

Wolves position in the table is misleading, Their attack is top 6 quality but their defence is absolutely dreadful, League 1 quality imo.
STH H3

PaulJ123

I was there and a few points I thought (sorry if they've been mentioned)

We played a ridiculously high line against a team who were intent on pumping it over our heads. Really don't know why this wasn't sorted at HT and just hit them on the counter.

Button gave one of the worst performances from a keeper I've seen live. Everything was terrible. Beytinelli has to start against Rotherham.

Taking Aluko off st 3-2 was a mistake, as the guy in front of me said: donit at 3-1 or not at all. Invited pressure onto us.

Martin couldn't get anything to stick. Buttons kicks could be to blame in fairness.

Cairney plays well when we're playing well. As soon as they got it to 3-2 his head dropped. You could just tell they were going to equalise and more!

His goal was unbelievable though and for a neutral, would've been a great spectacle!

RaySmith

We were looking down the  barrel of a defeat, against a team with  very good quality in attack, but we got a point.

Though, of course, no team should throw away a two goal half -time lead, and we still have problems  defending, but you have to give the team credit for managing a last minute draw on the day.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 10, 2016, 05:16:19 PM
The usual, lily-livered nonsense by fickle Fulham fans on the Match Day Thread, like :

"Hope we haven't sat back and thought We'd won it at half time."  This was at 2-3.  Does any professional team think like that ?

Wolves were bound to come back after HT and they were the home team, remember.  It's like, "We shouldn't concede from set pieces" - yet we expect to score from them !!!

It's football.  Teams win and teams lose.  They also draw.
0001.jpeg
I reckon if Newcastle was away and drew 4-4 their fans would be right behind the team - not calling them bottlers or attempting to find scapegoats!
Unfortunately on here we win - everyone goes mad, we lose - many go mental and now even an away draw against a bogey side - many loose the plot!