watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Rotherham?

Started by @jolslover, December 11, 2016, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

For me I'd drop Button as at times his possession scares me and I'd drop ream. I'd also give ses another run out and rest Malone

Betts
Fredricks Kalas Madl Sess
       Mcdonald Johansen
Aluko   Cairney   Ayite
          Martin

Bench of:
Button, Odoi, Sig, Piazon, Kebano, Williams and Humphreys   with Humphreys definitely coming on if we are winning by 3. 

Horsfield_No9

Our defence has bar a couple of games (Bristol City & Wolves) been pretty solid so swapping Button for Betts is not a good idea in my opinion. Could set us backwards. Betts is also prone to mistakes, worse with shots from range, free kicks and corners than Button. Grass isn't always greener and Betts didn't suddenly become better than he was as hasn't been playing.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

MJG

Could be argument for picking a whole brand new back five tonight. Rest Kalas and Fred and go with
Betts
Odoi-Madl-Sig-Sess

westcliff white

I hope we do not make too many changes, if we are serious about the playoffs then (as much as it is a long season) we need to have a core squad. So maybe 2 or 3 change sbut no more.

Personally I would go wuth

Button
Fredericks    Kalas     Sigurdsson    Sessegnon
                       McDonald
                  Cainrey Johanssen
Aluko                                              Ayite
                         Martin

Subs
Bettenielli
Odoi
Malone
Parker
Piazon
Kebano
Jozabed (have a feeling he will make the bench he didnt play last night.

I Would also have maybe got Humprheys in but as he played yesterday so he is extremely unlikely to be on the bench to night.   
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Button

Odoi
Kalas
Sigg
Sess

Macdonald
Johansen

Ayite
Cairney
Aluko

Smith.

Martin can't play against Derby so get Smith up and running tonight.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2016, 03:43:51 PM
Button

Odoi
Kalas
Sigg
Sess

Macdonald
Johansen

Ayite
Cairney
Aluko

Smith.

Martin can't play against Derby so get Smith up and running tonight.

0001.jpeg

alfie

I get so confused on here, previously there were moans galore about getting a settled team, making too many changes, etc etc etc. Now it seems the call is the exact opposite, the manager can't win whatever he does.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

copthornemike

To state the 'bleedin' obvious' the priority is to get three points over a Rotherham side who might have re-discovered some confidence after what sounded a well deserved win over QPR.

By all means swap Madl or Sig for Ream, maybe stick Fredericks on the bench just in case we need his speed later on as Rotherham will defend deep and in numbers.

But the although the team are playing well we are not consistently doing it for 90 minutes (Reading was an isolated incidence). Lose to Rotherham and that hard earned confidence will evaporate before we meet a well organised Derby. If we play and win well tonight I am sure tiredness will not be a problem for Saturday, just the nice one for SJ of competition for places.

If we are good enough, or Rotherham poor enough, then think about resting players in the second half.

Personally I think the make up of the bench is of more importance tonight as we know Martin will not be starting on Saturday. Smith and possibly Humphries should be present to bring on later on in the game in preparation for Saturday.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2016, 08:00:41 AM
I think some of you have little or no understanding as to how physically demanding the festive period is for players, players will have to be rested at every given opportunity, when did you last hear a manager say that it's all about the strongest eleven , it's not it's all about the strongest squad and utilising it whenever possible,
I'll tell you now, Derby won't play the same eleven against QPHa that played against Forest yesterday, not a chance, McClaren will already be casting an eye on the tougher looking game against us on Saturday,
So I fully expect changes to be made, I'd rest Fredericks for a start as we need him at 100% against Derby, if we're going to rest Kalas between now and Jan 2nd then this would seemingly be the time (though supporters that don't understand would get upset)
and maybe places for Parker, Piazon and Kebano,
Let's face it all the players that I've named to come in would all get in the Rotherham starting eleven !
Derby County will be one of our toughest games of the season so far so we need our starting eleven for that game as fresh as possible,
The same people that are now going to moan about change are the same people that would invariably moan if we put in an abject performance in 3 or 4 games time ,
Rotation is the order of the day and every squad will be doing it, so you'd better get use to it  049:gif

Only one change and that was a sub on Saturday who started tonight.

Also the other two subs from Saturday also come on again tonight !

You're right the way the game is played these days tests the players physical attributes to the limit but I'm sure they are regularly tested to ensure they are physically capable.