watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Rotherham?

Started by @jolslover, December 11, 2016, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Guessing main debates will be CB and GK other than that I believe most people will agree.

I would go

Button, Fredericks Kalas Ream Malone, Mcdonald Johansen Cairney, Ayite Martin Aluko. So unchanged from Wolves game.
STH H3

PaulJ123

Swap Bettinelli in (is he fit to play?) and Sigurdsson for Ream. Otherwise the same

gang

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 11, 2016, 06:33:46 PM
Swap Bettinelli in (is he fit to play?) and Sigurdsson for Ream. Otherwise the same

I agree with this I  think Button has dropped in form and Ream never had much.

dannyboi-ffc

Don't for the life of me get why Ream gets picked by Joka over Madl. Whenever he plays I feel we look lightweight and vulnerable. He's great at the pretty stuff but he's the type who leaves the field cleaner than he went onto it, not a hair out of place etc. Your centre half can't be like that in this league!

Not a big fan of Sig either so I'd bring Madl back for probably the least strenuous home game we will have defensively and I don't mean that to disrespect Rotherham. I expect even their fans are expecting them to play everyone behind the ball and hope for a set piece or two.

Button
Malone
Madl
Kalas
Fred
McD
Johansen
Cairney
Ayite
Aluko
Martin
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jamie88

Betts
Fred--Kalas--Madl--Malone
Parker--Johansen
Aluko--Cairney--Ayite
Martin

@jolslover

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 11, 2016, 07:52:44 PM
Betts
Parker--Johansen
Aluko--Cairney--Ayite
Martin

Don't agree with dropping Mcdonald for Parker when Mcdonald was probably our best player at Wolves. Wouldn't be against seeing Madl come in for Ream.
STH H3

westcliff white

No debate on keeper for me, only change for me Siggurdson for Ream, I think Saturday was a blip
Every day is a Fulham day

FPT

Feels about the right time to bring Ryan Sessegnon back into the starting eleven. Give Scott Malone's legs a break before the December rush that includes difficult games against Derby, Reading and Brighton. I feel for Marcus Bettinelli, I'd give him at least the game just to mix things up a bit but you do get the feeling that David Button can do no wrong. I would wait until the cup game to rest the more important players.

To not win on Tuesday night would be disastrous, Rotherham have lost all but one away game this season (and that was a draw). We have to win, and it has to be convincingly going into the Derby game. If we could get the likes of Cairney, Aluko and Johansen off early to recover it would be doubly positive.

FFCFOREVER

Swap Button for Betts and Madl to come in for Ream.Job done.

AlexW132

For me:

Betts
Fred
Madl
Kalas
Sessegnon
Kmac
Johansen
Aluko
Cairney
Ayité
Martin

J.Perkins

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 11, 2016, 07:52:44 PM
Betts
Parker--Johansen
Aluko--Cairney--Ayite
Martin

No McDonald? You sure?

kiwian

There were times from corners where Button stayed on his line and the ball came close to the 6yd line, luckily noone got a head to it, he has gone into his shell when dealing with crosses/corners. This doesn't build confidence in our defenders.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Chutney

Betts for Button, keep everything else as it was.
C O Y W

Twig

Quote from: FPT on December 11, 2016, 08:43:50 PM
Feels about the right time to bring Ryan Sessegnon back into the starting eleven. Give Scott Malone's legs a break before the December rush that includes difficult games against Derby, Reading and Brighton. I feel for Marcus Bettinelli, I'd give him at least the game just to mix things up a bit but you do get the feeling that David Button can do no wrong. I would wait until the cup game to rest the more important players.

To not win on Tuesday night would be disastrous, Rotherham have lost all but one away game this season (and that was a draw). We have to win, and it has to be convincingly going into the Derby game. If we could get the likes of Cairney, Aluko and Johansen off early to recover it would be doubly positive.

I like this Betts for Button, rest Malone for Sessegnon but also Sig or Madl for Ream.  I would love to have an alternative for Martin but even if we could agree that we have a credible option (doubtful) it would involve far too much change for a game we must win.

Riversider

I think some of you have little or no understanding as to how physically demanding the festive period is for players, players will have to be rested at every given opportunity, when did you last hear a manager say that it's all about the strongest eleven , it's not it's all about the strongest squad and utilising it whenever possible,
I'll tell you now, Derby won't play the same eleven against QPHa that played against Forest yesterday, not a chance, McClaren will already be casting an eye on the tougher looking game against us on Saturday,
So I fully expect changes to be made, I'd rest Fredericks for a start as we need him at 100% against Derby, if we're going to rest Kalas between now and Jan 2nd then this would seemingly be the time (though supporters that don't understand would get upset)
and maybe places for Parker, Piazon and Kebano,
Let's face it all the players that I've named to come in would all get in the Rotherham starting eleven !
Derby County will be one of our toughest games of the season so far so we need our starting eleven for that game as fresh as possible,
The same people that are now going to moan about change are the same people that would invariably moan if we put in an abject performance in 3 or 4 games time ,
Rotation is the order of the day and every squad will be doing it, so you'd better get use to it  049:gif

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2016, 08:31:59 AM
Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2016, 08:00:41 AM
I think some of you have little or no understanding as to how physically demanding the festive period is for players, players will have to be rested at every given opportunity, when did you last hear a manager say that it's all about the strongest eleven , it's not it's all about the strongest squad and utilising it whenever possible,
I'll tell you now, Derby won't play the same eleven against QPHa that played against Forest yesterday, not a chance, McClaren will already be casting an eye on the tougher looking game against us on Saturday,
So I fully expect changes to be made, I'd rest Fredericks for a start as we need him at 100% against Derby, if we're going to rest Kalas between now and Jan 2nd then this would seemingly be the time (though supporters that don't understand would get upset)
Let's face it all the players that I've named to come in would all get in the Rotherham starting eleven !
Derby County will be one of our toughest games of the season so far so we need our starting eleven for that game as fresh as possible,
The same people that are now going to moan about change are the same people that would invariably moan if we put in an abject performance in 3 or 4 games time ,
Rotation is the order of the day and every squad will be doing it, so you'd better get use to it  049:gif

Sorry have to Disagree with you on this one mate, the thing to do IMO is not play any of the first XI in the FA cup 3rd round which will give those players the first two weeks of January to recover from this busy period.. I don't think derby will be so complacent as to make changes against qpr and don't think we should against Rotherham either
Fredericks will not be fit enough for three games in a week, so I think a change there is the least we will do on Tuesday.

filham

I was hoping for an unchanged team again, we really do need to develop a settled side, but having conceded four goals I guess changes must happen in the back four. Madl , Sigurdsson and Sessegnon must be under consideration for a starting place against a poor Rotherham team.

epsomraver

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 11, 2016, 06:33:46 PM
0001.jpeg

Carborundum

I'm expecting some changes on Tuesday night.  Lumps, bumps and bruises from Molyneux will have a lot to do with precisely who gets switched out.  Have a feeling that a high energy pressing game will see Rotherham succumb, we have good players who can do that waiting in the wings, fresh and motivated.  So bring it on.

Just as a thought experiment, a team of

Bettinelli

Odoi, Sigurdsson, Madl, Sessegnon

Tunnicliffe, Parker

Kebano, LVC, Piazon

Woodrow

Would seem stronger than the one that beat Middlesborough earlier this season and I'd be reasonably confident they would see off Rotherham. We won't make that many changes of course, but how many Championship teams have similar strength in depth?  Not many and certainly not Rotherham who will be nursing their own bumps and bruises.

Football being football, practically anything could happen on the night though.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2016, 08:31:59 AM
Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2016, 08:00:41 AM

Sorry have to Disagree with you on this one mate, the thing to do IMO is not play any of the first XI in the FA cup 3rd round which will give those players the first two weeks of January to recover from this busy period.. I don't think derby will be so complacent as to make changes against qpr and don't think we should against Rotherham either

Complacency has got bu**er all to do with it, but common sense and logic has got plenty, as the post above demonstrates we've got a really strong squad which is to our advantage so let's make full use of that advantage,
Please come back on Thursday and let us all know how many changes Derby made to their starting eleven ! Next to no chance will QPR be facing the same team as us.