Fulham v Rotherham United
Leeds United v Reading
Norwich City v Aston Villa
Sheffield Wednesday v Barnsley

WED 14 DEC
Nottingham Forest v Preston North End home win or draw

Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United

If the teams in bold win the next round of games which in theory they should and we then get a big result against Derby, it will mean we will be at least 4 points clear of anyone behind us as the table currently stands. Meaning the top 10 will start to break away. If the above doesn't happen, that means dropped points for the teams above us.

So either way it's a massive 2 home games. Win both and we will start to pull away in the pack who are genuine playoff contenders.

We've gotta win both though! COYW!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2016, 07:20:56 PM
a must-win game v derby... against a team with 6 wins on the bounce... currently 6th in the league... probably without our only good striker playing...

we don't make it easy for ourselves do we

Lol well we have to sign him up because it is fulhamish we would get them in the playoffs and not have our top striker available.

I think I'd play Piazon instead and play without a proper striker Barca esque. With either Ayite or Piazon sort of leading the line. It would make us harder to break down and might catch them off guard tactically because they must be assuming Smith will step in.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wearethewhites

Can see Derby beating us, no Martin, and they are just coming good under McClaren, and seem the team of old.

Whitesideup

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 11, 2016, 07:27:37 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2016, 07:20:56 PM
a must-win game v derby... against a team with 6 wins on the bounce... currently 6th in the league... probably without our only good striker playing...

we don't make it easy for ourselves do we

Lol well we have to sign him up because it is fulhamish we would get them in the playoffs and not have our top striker available.

I think I'd play Piazon instead and play without a proper striker Barca esque. With either Ayite or Piazon sort of leading the line. It would make us harder to break down and might catch them off guard tactically because they must be assuming Smith will step in.
Radical thinking Danny, but I don't think that will happen. Smith or Woodrow to start.

fulhamfan

It would be Fulhamish losing to Rotherham then beating Derby on Sat

RaySmith

Rotherham is definitely a 'potential banana skin', in true Fulhamish tradition.

I'll be happy if we  beat them 1-0.

I think this might be 80 mins of us trying to break them down, and them trying to hit us on the break. A nightmare scenario is of 0-0 after 89 mins - then a long Rotherham clearance over the head of our defenders, and a Rotherham attacker beats the off-side trap,  Button runs out to him, and  slips, the Rotherham  player taps the ball into an empty night........

But that's not gonna happen.
COYW

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on December 12, 2016, 09:42:59 AM
Rotherham is definitely a 'potential banana skin', in true Fulhamish tradition.

I'll be happy if we  beat them 1-0.

I think this might be 80 mins of us trying to break them down, and them trying to hit us on the break. A nightmare scenario is of 0-0 after 89 mins - then a long Rotherham clearance over the head of our defenders, and a Rotherham attacker beats the off-side trap,  Button runs out to him, and  slips, the Rotherham  player taps the ball into an empty night........

But that's not gonna happen.
COYW

Oh dear that is the sort of thing we have seen more than once in this position but it just must not happen on Tuesday. We have just scored nine goals in two matches, Rotherham are clearly bottom of the table, have taken just one point and conceded 30 goals away from home. Fail to win this one and we can write off any hope of a top six place.

AlexW132

I smell a 1-0 win or even a 0-0 draw on tuesday...