more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (13/12/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 13, 2016, 07:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

RUFC - Head-to-Head v Fulham

Rotherham United make the long trip to London on Tuesday night to take on Fulham at Craven Cottage.

This will be the forty-seventh meeting between the pair with Fulham having won twenty to the Millers twelve.

At Craven Cottage last December Cauley Woodrow put the Cottagers in front on six minutes but the travelling Millers fans were delighted when Farrend Rawson made it one-all fourteen minutes later but were deflated on the stroke of half-time when Woodrow got his, and Fulham's second, on the stroke of half-time. They were even more deflated in the second half when the Millers seemed to lay down and die and Alex Kacanklic and Ross McCormack gave the hosts a four-one win.

The season before the game ended one-one after Matt Derbyshire put the visitors in front on four minutes only for Ross McCormack to equalise on the sixty-seventh minute. There were four bookings on the Wednesday evening - Michael Turner, Dan Burn and Danny Guthrie for the Cottagers and the Millers' Kirk Broadfoot.

We have to go back to December 1992 for the last time that Rotherham won at Craven Cottage in the league when a Nigel Johnson goal was the only goal of the game.

The first time the Cottagers and Millers met at Craven Cottage was on a Monday in September 1919 in the Old Division Two when the home side won three-nil.

League Games - Millers v Cottagers

Championship
29.12.2015 Fulham 4-1 Rotherham
29.08.2015 Rotherham 1-3 Fulham
15.04.2015 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
21.10.2014 Rotherham 3-3 Fulham

League Two
30.04.1994 Fulham 1-0 Rotherham
20.11.1993 Rotherham 1-2 Fulham
06.04.1993 Rotherham 1-1 Fulham
12.12.1992 Fulham 0-1 Rotherham

(Old) Division Three
23.03.1991 Rotherham 3-1 Fulham
06.10.1990 Fulham 2-0 Rotherham
20.03.1990 Rotherham 2-1 Fulham
14.10.1989 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
04.04.1988 Fulham 3-1 Rotherham
21.11.1987 Rotherham 0-2 Fulham
17.02.1987 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
23.08.1986 Rotherham 0-0 Fulham

(Old) Division Two
15.01.1983 Rotherham 0-1 Fulham
28.081982 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham

(Old) Division Three
15.11.1980 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
16.08.1980 Rotherham 2-2 Fulham
13.03.1971 Fulham 1-0 Rotherham
14.11.1970 Rotherham 1-1 Fulham
28.02.1970 Fulham 3-2 Rotherham
18.10.1969 Rotherham 0-0 Fulham

(Old) Division Two
25.04.1959 Fulham 4-0 Rotherham
06.12.1958 Rotherham 4-0 Fulham
01.05.1958 Fulham 3-1 Rotherham
09.11.1957 Rotherham 3-1 Fulham
02.02.1957 Rotherham 4-3 Fulham
22.09.1956 Fulham 3-1 Rotherham
11.02.1956 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
01.10.1955 Rotherham 2-3 Fulham
19.03.1955 Fulham 1-1 Rotherham
30.10.1954 Rotherham 2-3 Fulham
16.09.1953 Fulham 2-4 Rotherham
07.09.1953 Rotherham 3-2 Fulham
18.02.1953 Fulham 4-1 Rotherham
27.09.1952 Rotherham 1-0 Fulham
24.02.1923 Fulham 1-2 Rotherham
17.02.1923 Rotherham 1-3 Fulham
29.10.1921 Rotherham 1-0 Fulham
22.10.1921 Fulham 4-0 Rotherham
02.04.1921 Rotherham 2-0 Fulham
26.03.1921 Fulham 1-0 Rotherham
27.12.1919 Rotherham 1-1 Fulham
29.09.1919 Fulham 3-0 Rotherham

Read more: http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=471674#ixzz4ShV8x3ji

WhiteJC

Chelsea loanee at Fulham has one eye on permanent deal with Whites
The Blue boy from Brazil is hoping to make a big impression at Craven Cottage that will have massive implications for future plans

Fulham's Lucas Piazon.

Lucas Piazon hopes to be a Fulham starter again so he can increase his chances of a permanent contract.

The Chelsea loanee's deal runs out in June next year. Like his Blues team-mate Tomas Kalas at Craven Cotage - the Brazilian is no stranger to spells away from Stamford Bridge.

Malaga, Vitesse Arnhem, Eintracht Franfurt and Reading have all enjoyed Piazon on their pitch over the last five years - but time is running out for the 22-year-old to either earn a new deal at Chelsea, or get a new club.

He warmed to the idea of two celebrations at once come May: Fulham in the Premier League, and his loan club wanting to keep him.

"It's hard to talk about the future," he said. "I'm focused on playing well for Fulham right now.

"But if I had the chance, and if all goes well - you never know. Football is crazy."

Piazon came off the bench in the two games prior to another crazy thing - the 4-4 draw at Wolves on Saturday. But he insists what he does best is what Fulham are attempting to do now.

Here's what he brought to his loan spell with Reading last season.

"I think I feel comfortable here at Fulham, and I come from Brazil, so I like to have the ball and this team likes the ball so it suits me," he added.

"I think have a chance to contribute, so it's important for me to have a good season."

In the same way QPR have a WhatsApp players group, there is a version of the same thing for the massive army of 38 loanees at Chelsea who keep in touch with their parent club through the social media tool.

Piazon gets sent videos of himself playing for Whites, and admitted he gets to see games twice - once in real time and live; the other recorded.

"We have a loan group WhatsApp where Chelsea keep us updated and show us videos of games.

"They pretty much know everything we do on a pitch."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-loanee-fulham-one-eye-12307889

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic: 'We have problems to fix'

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has bemoaned his side's ability to 'kill off the game' in their eight-goal thriller at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

The Cottagers had led the encounter 3-1 until the final half-hour, when goals from Matt Doherty and Ivan Cavaleiro in the space of nine minutes levelled the scores.

Dave Edwards looked to have won it for the hosts with a 90th-minute strike, but Floyd Ayite was able to rescue a point for Jokanovic's side deep into injury time.

"We led 3-1 and then we were losing," Jokanovic told the Fulham Chronicle. "We controlled many things and we can score some goals, but we can be more clinical. We didn't kill the game and we suffered for that. We didn't manage our situation very well, especially in the last half an hour.

"I am not thinking about going up or staying in the league. I am thinking how we are going to fix our problems. Wolves, with very simple football, created so many problems and in this situation we have to be more solid. We have to improve and not show our weaknesses. Before they scored the second goal we had a few chances, but we were not solid enough in the defence line.

"This is not a new competition for me and is not the first time that something like this has happened. If you want to be more competitive you have to find a solution to the situation we found ourselves in."

The result left Fulham 10th in the table ahead of the visit of rock-bottom Rotherham United on Tuesday night.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/jokanovic-we-have-problems-to-fix_287193.html

WhiteJC

READ | Tiredness won't worry Warney ahead of Fulham trip

Rotherham United interim boss Paul Warne says he can accept his players suffering from a little fatigue, if they can turn in a performance of a similar ilk to their victory over Queens Park Rangers at Craven Cottage on Tuesday night.

The Millers caretaker manager is ready to accept that a number of his squad may be feeling the effects of their colossal effort which saw them record three points at the weekend and is pleased that there are no fresh injury concerns within the camp.

"In fairness, they'll be tired, but I've been tired for 20-odd years," Warne joked.

"There's nothing wrong with coming in to work feeling a little bit of stiffness and we'll do everything we can. We'll do a little bit at the hotel tonight and a light training session tomorrow and they'll be up and ready to go, nailed on.

"Surprisingly when you win, everyone is feeling great. There's no physical issues at all and I've got no new injury worries. Everyone has trained this morning on the grass and we had a little bit of a fun session with the lads who played.

"I've still got my same squad of 20 to pick from and I'll choose my system and my team on the way down.

"I'll speak to a couple of the key players about the way that I want to play tomorrow and after that I'll decide which way I'm going.

"If they fall at the last hurdle at 80 minutes then I'll just take them off. It's no big deal. They'll be ready and up for the fight and that's all I can ask of them."

Warne is unlikely to be presented with a selection headache in goal on Tuesday after a superb performance from Lewis Price against Ian Holloway's side, as his main challenger, Lee Camp looks set to miss out.

However, the popular fitness coach is hopeful that if he chooses to emit the former Nottingham Forest goalkeeper tomorrow night, it will give him the opportunity to challenge for a place when the Millers travel to Hillsborough for the South Yorkshire derby next Saturday.

"Lee Camp is at the last 10 percent of his injury and that can take one hour or one week, we don't know," Warne explained.

"He's frustrated and I saw him again this morning and he's working hard in the gym but he's not going on the grass.

"I think we'll leave him until Thursday before he goes on the grass so then he'll be in contention for the game at the weekend."

Elsewhere on the injury front, defensive duo Kelvin Wilson and Kirk Broadfoot look close to a return, while the progress of Greg Halford's rehabilitation has please Warne.

"Kelvin is close and Broady just needs a ressies game because he's close," he told www.themillers.co.uk.

"Peter Odemwingie is back for the weekend and I've got Greg Halford, who was supposed to be out for 6-8 weeks is progressing really well. He's well ahead of schedule, so he's keen as mustard to get back in as well.

"In the next couple of weeks I'll probably have, without any more injuries, a full squad."

Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rotherham-united-paul-warne-3464708.aspx#CIdOEstHtq0Fwgm4.99

WhiteJC

Ayite: It's Not Enough
The Togolese international is left disappointed after his side only managed to secure a point after dominating Wolves throughout the first half on Saturday afternoon.

Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images

Floyd Ayite opened his account for the club with a brace in the 8 goal thriller against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday afternoon.

The winger was left with the feeling of discontent after allowing the home side to claw their way back into the game.

Talking exclusively with FulhamFC.co.uk, Ayite quoted: "Scoring two goals today is good for me, but it's not enough. I'm looking forward to the next game on Tuesday."

"Today is a bad day, we lost two points but we'll keep going. There are many games left to go in the season. We may have lost two points today but on Tuesday we have a game and we have to do better".

Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images

The Cottagers seemingly had a firm grasp on the game, going into the break 3-1 up, however a second half revival from the home side saw Fulham surprisingly fall behind for the second time in the game.

Ayite's late heroics headed Fulham back into the game with his second goal of the match.

"The late equaliser shows we have good character, but in order to fight we have to be stronger and we're looking forward and aiming to win against Rotherham on Tuesday".

Ayite rounded up the interview with a final thought surrounding the clubs emergence of home form, that had been missing in the earlier stages of the season.

"At home we have a feeling that we're stronger and more solid and if we win on Tuesday we have a chance to recover points which will help us to fight for a play off position".

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/12/12/13918106/floyd-ayite-its-not-enough-fulham-wolverhampton-wanderers-wolves-draw

WhiteJC

Defender Denis Odoi in contention for Fulham start against Rotherham

Denis Odoi could return to shore up Fulham's defence for Tuesday's Championship clash with Rotherham in west London.
Centre-back Odoi took a seat on the bench for Saturday's 4-4 league draw at Wolves, where Fulham snatched a point at the death.
Now Odoi could be restored to the starting XI at Craven Cottage as boss Slavisa Jokanovic seeks to sharpen up his side's rearguard action.
Scott Parker could also be in line for a start as Fulham seek to get back to winning ways.
Rotherham will pick from an unchanged squad.
The Millers finally ended a 15-game wait for a win when they beat QPR on Saturday and suffered no new injuries.
Goalkeeper Lee Camp will not travel to west London as he is still suffering from a knee injury, while Greg Halford (ankle) and Kirk Broadfoot (back) are also absent.
Peter Odemwingie completes his three-match ban as the Millers search for a first away win of the season.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/preview?gameId=452973

WhiteJC

Fulham v Rotherham United
TUE, 13 DEC 2016CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage

Paul Warne has won one game and lost the other since taking caretaker charge of Rotherham

BBC coverage
How to follow:
BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has no new injury worries following Saturday's 4-4 draw at Wolves.

Right-back Denis Odoi, centre-back Ragnar Sigurdsson and midfielder Scott Parker are all pushing for recalls.

Peter Odemwingie completes his three-match ban for Rotherham, who ended a run of 15 games without a win on Saturday against QPR.

Goalkeeper Lee Camp (knee), utility man Greg Halford (ankle) and forward Kirk Broadfoot (back) are also absent.

Match facts
Rotherham are winless in their last seven league meetings with Fulham (D3 L4), since a 1-0 away win in December 1992.
Fulham have scored 18 goals in their last six league games, as many as the west London side had scored in their previous 17 before that.
Whites striker Cauley Woodrow has scored four goals in his three Championship appearances against Rotherham for Fulham.
Rotherham have lost 10 of their last 11 league away games (D1), conceding 35 goals - their last league win on the road came in April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38217735

WhiteJC

Fulham's new gin palace - Whites hope fans get driven to drink - but not necessarily by results
If it all gets a bit too much when things go awry on the pitch - Whites have a bespoke new Riverside club at Craven Cottage for those wanting to drown sorrows

It'll be all white on the night: The Clubhouse at Craven Cottage

Someone at Fulham suggested David GINola might be the ideal candidate to open Fulham's new venture - The Clubhouse.

It seems the notion was binned as quickly as it takes to knock back a G&T in a hurry.

But Whites believe they're on to a winner by having the first dedicated football club gin hub - if that's the word - where fans can sample the stuff including a signature cocktail 'evocative of the history and tradition of the football Club.'

Answers here as to what that might include.

Gin and bear it: Staff warm up for Saturday's grand opening
Does it go with a Cottage pie? We should be told as soon as, and before the launch of the bar on Saturday for the home clash with Derby County.

Created with the support of Gin Foundry, fully trained staff can offer news and insight and what going on in the world of Gin, as well as offer a unique range of cocktails with flavours to delight every palate.

For further information and booking enquiries, please contact Zara Barka on 020 8336 7404.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-new-gin-palace-whites-12308571

WhiteJC

CHELSEA MAN HOPING TO SECURE PERMANENT DEAL AT CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB

Chelsea's Lucas Piazon is hoping to seal a permanent move to Sky Bet Championship side Fulham, as he looks to impress during his season-long loan at the club, according to Get West London.

The 22-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder was one of the most highly rated youngsters coming through Chelsea's academy after joining from São Paulo, however, Piazon has struggled to make an impression at the Premier League side.

Instead, Lucas Piazon has spent the vast majority of his senior professional career on loan, following a loan spell at Reading last season, Piazon opted to join a Championship side once again, this time it was fellow London side Fulham.

Having featured only in half of Fulham's Championship games, the versatile Brazilian winger feels that he needs to contribute more if he hopes to secure a permanent deal to the Championship club.

As Lucas Piazon's contract is running out, the 22-year-old could potentially find himself without a club in the summer if Fulham aren't persuaded enough to offer Lucas Piazon a contract.

With experience in the Championship, if Fulham opted against offering Lucas Piazon a contract at Craven Cottage, a number of Championship sides may be monitoring Piazon's situation in the hope of persuading the midfielder to join their club.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/chelsea-man-hoping-to-secure-permanent-deal-at-championship-club/

WhiteJC

JOKANOVIC CANNOT MISS OUT ON THESE 2 TRANSFERS IN JANUARY FOR FULHAM

As we approach the halfway mark of another enthralling Championship season, Fulham sit just three points outside the play-off places in 10th place.

Fulham's impressive start has come as a surprise to most people.

They were extremely poor last season and finished the season 20th and Slavisa Jokanovic came under scrutiny from Fulham fans.

With Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack departing for pastures new in the summer, tied in with Fulham's leaky defence, they might have been a candidate for relegation, but to the shock of most, they are promotion contenders.

As the Cottagers continue to push for a return to the top flight, Jokanovic will definitely have his eye on January to bolster his squad ahead of the promotion run-in.

As of now, Fulham's squad is quite light, so a couple of injuries to key players could derail their promotion push.

Here, I will look at 2 players who Jokanovic cannot miss out on in January...

CHRIS MARTIN

Martin is currently on loan at Craven Cottage but Slavisa Jokanovic has already stressed the importance of signing Martin on a permanent basis.

If Martin continues to impress at Fulham, then he could have potential suitors in January who could sneak in ahead of the Cottagers.

Martin has six goals so far, but it hasn't been just his goals that have impressed Jokanovic – its his performances too.

He provides Fulham with a goalscoring threat that could ensure they finish in the top six, as well as experience of how to handle the pressure of reaching the play-offs from his Derby days.

BEN MARSHALL

The Blackburn winger has been a standout performer for Rovers this season, in what has been a struggling side.

Come January, with Blackburn likely to be in a relegation battle, he could swap this for a promotion push with Fulham.

Marshall would provide Fulham with some added creativity out wide and the ability to win a game with a moment of individual brilliance.

Jokanovic likes to have plenty of cutting edge going forward, so Marshall definitely fits into that mould and his contract expires in the summer.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jokanovic-cannot-miss-out-on-these-2-transfers-in-january-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Under-23 side thrash Brighton

Striker Stephen Humphrys scored twice as Fulham's development side thrashed Brighton 4-0 on Monday evening.

There were also goals for Tayo Edun and George Williams in a one-sided Premier League 2 match at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground.

Humphrys netted from close range following a corner and keeper Jesse Joronen produced a fine save to preserve the Whites' lead before Edun made it 2-0 after a lovely team move a couple of minutes before half-time.

Shortly after Cauley Woodrow hit the post, another close-range finish from Humphrys made it three early in the second half, and Williams fired home from 25 yards in injury time.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/striker-scores-twice-fulham-youngsters-thrash-brighton

WhiteJC

Chelsea loanee hints that he does not want to return to Stamford Bridge
CHELSEA youngster Lucas Piazon has hinted that he would like to make his loan spell at Fulham permanent.

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon has hinted that he'd like to stay at Fulham

The 22-year-old is currently on his fifth loan stint away from Stamford Bridge and is enjoying life at Craven Cottage alongside fellow Blues loanee Tomas Kalas.

The forward has scored three times in 11 appearances for Fulham and has now suggested he'd like to stay with the club beyond this term.

"It's hard to talk about the future," he told Get West London.

"I'm focused on playing well for Fulham right now.

"But if I had the chance, and if all goes well - you never know. Football is crazy."

Fulham have had a decent season in the Championship so far and are currently just three points off the play-offs.

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon in action for Fulham

And Piazon is relishing the chance to play in Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

He added: "I think I feel comfortable here at Fulham, and I come from Brazil, so I like to have the ball and this team likes the ball so it suits me.

"I think have a chance to contribute, so it's important for me to have a good season."

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon in action for Fulham

Piazon also lifted the lid on what it's like to be part of Chelsea's legion of loan players.

He said: "We have a loan group WhatsApp where Chelsea keep us updated and show us videos of games.

"They pretty much know everything we do on a pitch."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/569772/Chelsea-Lucas-Piazon-Fulham

WhiteJC

Humphrys hits brace as Fulham U23s thrash Brighton
by DAN on DECEMBER 12, 2016

Stevie Humphrys did his hopes of breaking into the first-team picture no harm as he added another brace to his impressive scoring tally in Fulham U23's four-goal thrashing of Brighton & Hove Albion tonight in the PL2.

The 19 year-old striker, who could be considered for a call-up to the senior squad with Chris Martin unavailable to face his parent club Derby County on Saturday, added his twelfth and thirteenth goals of the campaign as Peter Grant's side returning to winning ways after the disappointing reverse in the PL2 Cup at Charlton last week. Humphrys displayed his predatory instincts by pouncing to fire home a loose ball from a corner inside the six-yard box and then turned provider, adding the final pass to a flowing move that saw Tayo Edun saunter through the Albion defence to double the lead just before the break.

Fulham were indebted to a fine save from Jesse Joronen, who spread himself well to deny Connor Tighe, for preserving their lead and there was a terrific goal-saving tackle from Welsh defender Arron Davies before Edun, who looked impressive in his EFL Cup outings earlier in the season, finished in some style after Albion carelessly relinquished possession in midfield. The pattern of the contest continued after the break with Fulham looking far more threatening than a well-drilled Brighton side.

Humphrys went close to extending the home side's advantage when he made contact with a dangerous cross from Marlon Fossey but could only divert the ball wide of goal on the stretch. Less then sixty seconds later, the in-form forward had his second goal. He couldn't have asked for a simpler chance after being passed the ball by Albion goalkeeper Bailey Vose, but he finished it with aplomb. Humphrys was taken off after 71 minutes – in front of the watching Slavisa Jokanovic – perhaps with Saturday's clash in mind.

Fulham were rampant and, although Woodrow narrowly missed with a rasping drive from long range, a fourth goal did arrive in stoppage time via George Williams, recently recalled from his loan spell with MK Dons. The Welsh international winger capped the night perfectly with an unstoppable drive from fully 30 yards that left the unfortunate Vose with no chance.

FULHAM UNDER 23s (4-2-3-1): Joronen; Fossey, Edun, Davies, Kavanagh; Christensen, Smile (Walker 45); De la Torre, Humphrys (Dolan 72), Williams; Woodrow. Subs (not used):  Rodak, Jenz.

BOOKED: Williams.

GOALS: Humphrys (23, 56), Edun (43), Williams (90+2).

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION UNDER 23s (4-3-3): Vose; Hunt, Hall (Ljubicic 85), Hutchinson, Cox; Bjordal, Collar, Towell, Barnett (Cochrane 86); Tighe, Harper (Cadman 66). Subs (not used): McGill, Martinez.

BOOKED: Bjordal.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/humphrys-hits-brace-as-fulham-u23s-thrash-brighton/

WhiteJC

Chelsea forward hopes more fine form will help seal permanent transfer or new contract

Nearly three years on from his move to Chelsea from Sao Paulo in January 2012, Brazilian forward Lucas Piazon only has three senior Blues appearances to his name.

The speedy South American, 22, has been loaned out to five different clubs during his time as a Chelsea player.

Following spells at Malaga, Vitesse, Frankfurt and Reading, Piazon made the short trip across West London to join local rivals Fulham in August.

And he has settled fairly well at Craven Cottage, scoring three goals in his first 11 games.

Piazon's last two outings have been as a sub, though, but he is keen to get back into the starting XI.

According to Get West London, Piazon hopes to become a starter again in order to boost his chances of sealing a permanent transfer, or a new contact with Chelsea, as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Fulham, who have been in the second tier of England football since being relegated in 2014, are currently 10th in the Championship.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/12/13/chelsea-forward-hopes-more-fine-form-will-help-seal-permanent-transfer-or-new-contract/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Rotherham United: Paul Warne will not accept tiredness as excuse

As a player, Rotherham United's caretaker manager Paul Warne was the first to acknowledge his limitations.

But what the self-confessed fitness freak lacked in natural ability, he more than compensated for in terms of drive, heart and industry – and his Millers players certainly did him proud in that respect on Saturday.

The physical and emotional energy expended during the intoxicating 1-0 win over QPR – the club's first win in 16 long matches – was considerable.

But the adrenalin rush of a first three-point haul since August 20 will preclude any notions of tiredness ahead of a long midweek trip to the south in December, according to Warne.

He said: "I am aware that a lot of them will have fatigue from Saturday, but then the Fulham lads will as well from their 4-4 draw at Wolves. But if you give everything you have on a Saturday, you are going to be tired on a Saturday night.

But, boo hoo, I am tired all the time. I spent 20 years being stiff.

"I will put a team out, regardless of fatigue, of who I think will perform." Talismanic midfielder Lee Frecklington's indefatigable display personified the hosts.

Afterwards, Frecklington spoke of being willing to run through metaphorical brick walls for Warne, no doubt mindful that the Millers players must continue to run through the pain barrier between now and May if they are to have any chance of salvaging their season.

Warne said: "Frecks will run until he literally cannot run anymore. That is the kind of bloke he is."

Last six games: Fulham WWDLWD; Rotherham DLLLLW.

Referee: S Martin (Staffordshire).

Last time: Fulham 4 Rotherham 1, December 29, 2015; Championship.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-v-rotherham-united-paul-warne-will-not-accept-tiredness-as-excuse-1-8286540

WhiteJC

Fulham defender walks off with Chelsea loanee's boots - but not his place in the team
Whites gear up to face rock-bottom Rotherham this evening with Czech international hoping to add to his impressive game tally - in the right boots

Partner? Tomas Kalas

Tomas Kalas was a bit agitated as Get West London tried to grab a word.

The Chelsea loanee's boots in his hands weren't his. In fact, the central defender was pretty sure whose they were.

A Fulham kit man was dispatched to chase after the culprit, and back came a contrite Ryan Sessegnon with the Czech international's footwear to effect a swap.

Kalas has become a mainstay in the heart of Whites defence, with six straight appearances and a goal in the 5-0 thumping of Huddersfield after recovering from injury.

However, his partner in the centre has been a mixture of three since then.

Boot on the right foot: Ryan Sessegnon

Tim Ream is the current man alongside - at least until tonight against Rotherham - following spells with Michael Madl and Ragnar Sigurdsson.

It's all the same to Kalas, hoping to impress and get a new deal at the end of the season either with his parent club or elsewhere.

"I know what to expect and where I'm going to play, and it doesn't matter who my partner is," he said.

"And hopefully it's good for the club as well.

"When you go on loan you want to play. At the end of the season, I've only got one more year left on my contract if I'm playing anywhere else or at Chelsea.

"So I'm playing for more than just building a CV."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-walks-chelsea-loanees-12311848

WhiteJC

This Is The Cap

Fulham Football Club today launches a new headwear product range, having teamed up with New Era to produce a collection of dual-branded hats and caps.

Available to buy now online and instore, Whites fans can choose from a range of classic New Era designs, including the New Era flagship 59FIFTY fitted cap, embroidered with the Fulham crest.

As part of the range, other Fulham New Era cap styles available include 9FIFTY, 9FORTY, and 39THIRTY designs, as well as bobble knit and reversible hats.

Cap prices start from £14.99, and supporters can explore the full collection online today.

Items will also be available to purchase from the Stadium Store at this evening's game vs. Rotherham United.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/13/this-is-the-cap

WhiteJC

Lucas Piazon looks like he's given up on Chelsea return

In an interview with GetWestLondon, Lucas Piazon has all but admitted that he hopes his loan move to Fulham is made permanent as he doesn't see much of a future for him at Chelsea.

"It's hard to talk about the future," he told the local publication. "I'm focused on playing well for Fulham right now.

"But if I had the chance [to move to Fulham permanently], and if all goes well – you never know. Football is crazy."

The case of Piazon is an odd one. Even when he first signed him there wasn't a huge amount of hype around him. He never even had his fifteen minutes of fame as the next wonderkid. At the time we signed him even the BBC's South American expert Tim Vickery seemed non-plussed.

His progress since then has been steady but totally unspectacular. Never has he looked like having the ability or even the potential to play regularly for Chelsea. Frankly the club have probably been aware for years that he wasn't going to make it, and extending his contract and continuing to loan him out have simply been strategies for increasing his value when he sell him – very possibly this summer. It's a legitimate and a smart tactic, but perhaps a little sad for young Lucas.

Whatever happens, we wish him the very best, even if his future lies at the Cottage.

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2016/12/lucas-piazon-looks-like-hes-given-chelsea-return/

WhiteJC

FA Cup Confirmation

Fulham's Emirates FA Cup Third Round tie away to Cardiff City has been selected for live television coverage on BBC Wales and will therefore take place at 11.30am on Sunday 8th January.

As the Club understands the earlier kick-off time will present some logistical challenges for fans wishing to attend the match, there will be free coach travel for all Fulham supporters who want to support the team in Cardiff. These will depart from Craven Cottage and Motspur Park at 6.30am.

Tickets for the match will be priced at £10 for Adults and from £3 for Juniors if you're a Season Ticket Holder buying in advance. General Sale tickets and those bought on matchday are priced at £12 and from £5, respectively.

Tickets go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members from 10am on Monday, before going on General Sale on Wednesday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/13/fa-cup-confirmation