watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley Set For Cairney Swoop

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 14, 2016, 03:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

According to talkadoodle they will have the money for Cairney from their proposed sale of Keane back to Manure.
How long has Tom's contract got left?

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2016, 03:44:54 PM
According to talkadoodle they will have the money for Cairney from their proposed sale of Keane back to Manure.
How long has Tom's contract got left?
Summer 2019 with an option...but Contracts as we know mean nothing.

Every player...and i mean every player has a price. But i dont expect him to go anywhere in January.

westcliff white

I owuld say to get him they would have to break their transfer record again, which means 15 million plus i guess.

BUt one I dont want him to go and two I htink if the club wish to go up they need to keep him. I also think he said in the q and a the other day that his time at FFC has been the happiest he has had in football
Every day is a Fulham day

HamsterWheel

Burnley currently odds on to be relegated. So can't see the attraction of moving there in January.

MJG

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 14, 2016, 03:53:24 PM
Burnley currently odds on to be relegated. So can't see the attraction of moving there in January.
Bigger club than Burnley that you know will stay up then maybe, but to risk leaving a championship club that's challenging to go to a club that may go down is a risk. Better to wait as a player till the summer for these kind of moves....but money talks as we know and players just see Premier League and I dont think many look beyond a few months.

f321ffc

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 14, 2016, 03:53:24 PM
Having been to Burnley on a number of occasions I can't see the attraction of moving there anytime. 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Let's hope he is happy here,but a certain player who went to Villa said the same.

MJG

Also being an ex Blackburn player I'm sure would not go down well.

Mince n Tatties

Its the second time Talksport have mentioned this in last couple of weeks.
They do talk nonsense,but have been known to get a few correct.

Ordar

Zero chance of this happening. We're more likely to be in the Premier League than Burnley next year. On top of that, Tom has said that he really likes living in London, and is vice club captain. Cannot see him moving on any time soon

Supermitch

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2016, 04:01:07 PM

Make enough suggestions and they are bound to get the odd one right from time to time

nose

cairney is no way a prem standard player, far too lightweight and ponderous. he should stay where he can shine and be appreciated.

copthornemike

Quote from: Ordar on December 14, 2016, 04:12:40 PM
Zero chance of this happening. We're more likely to be in the Premier League than Burnley next year. On top of that, Tom has said that he really likes living in London, and is vice club captain. Cannot see him moving on any time soon
Admire your confidence - but fortunately only speculation at this time. But Dyche is an excellent manager who is likely to ensure Burnley stay in the Premiership. If they make a serious and realistic bid then unfortunately I could see Cairney moving as other Premisership clubs may well put in bids.
However at the current time any top performer in the Championship is a potential target to a bottom half Premiership club - and the TV deal money means they can afford to splash out. 

Riversider

Imagine his value if he could use both feet !!!!
I like Cairney but I thought he was poor last night seemed to be half asleep, we need him to be wide awake on Saturday as Derby have got some decent mid field players.

cmg

Quote from: nose on December 14, 2016, 04:56:36 PM
cairney is no way a prem standard player, far too lightweight and ponderous. he should stay where he can shine and be appreciated.

Fantastique!  :Haynes The Maestro: Is this what might be called a back-handed compliment?

Long may he bask in this kind of appreciation.

jarv

swap a promotion play off fight for a relegation battle...mmmm Will not do his cv any good.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: nose on December 14, 2016, 04:56:36 PM

We better get rid then,if he ain't going to be any good when we go up. :023:

cookieg

There are a few clubs worse then Burnley so can see them staying up. As said above, every player has a price. If we get offered good money then I have no doubt the club will consider it. 

Carborundum

He's a good player, but not irreplaceable and not even our best midfielder.  He's probably about the same level as Burnley's George Boyd.  He may yet improve further,  but to get to the level of, say, Clint Dempsey, his resolve and cunning would need to go to a different place.  If someone's prepared to pay £10m plus,  then goodness we would be hard pushed not to take it and buy a couple of very strong players. 

Can see it happening, the prem is awash with money and desperate chairmen in January. 

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2016, 04:01:07 PM
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"