watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Youth Cup

Started by Southfield White, December 14, 2016, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southfield White

The u18s start on the road to glory in the FA Youth Cup this coming Friday 4pm ko at home to Mansfoeld.
I think we will put out a strong side and expect us to go a long way this season.

bog

Good luck to them. Can we ever forget the recent final, 6-4 up with ten minutes to go in the second leg and lose 7-6 on aggregate... at 6-6 Roberts hits the post and Dembele got the rebound trapped between his feet they cleared and went down the other end and scored the winner....  :016:

092.gif

FPT

We've got a good group, and that's without taking into account the eligible Ryan Sessegnon, Marlon Fossey, Dennis Adeniran, Luca De La Torre and Mattias Kait.

I do think our strongest possible under 18 team could compete with the big boys of Chelsea and Manchester City at academy level in particular, not too sure on the current crop. Not that they're bad, they're just very young still - next year when the majority are 17 turning 18, I'm sure they'll be much better.

Southfield White

Quote from: FPT on December 15, 2016, 11:42:50 AM
We've got a good group, and that's without taking into account the eligible Ryan Sessegnon, Marlon Fossey, Dennis Adeniran, Luca De La Torre and Mattias Kait.

I do think our strongest possible under 18 team could compete with the big boys of Chelsea and Manchester City at academy level in particular, not too sure on the current crop. Not that they're bad, they're just very young still - next year when the majority are 17 turning 18, I'm sure they'll be much better.

I'm afraid Luca and Matias are too old for the u18s now, but yes you are right if we put out our strongest side with the likes of Ryan, Marlon and Denis then we will have a very good chance of going a long way.

FPT

How so? Is that because they are judged to have turned 18 in the previous season? To me, if you're 18, you're 18, but it's a weird one.

Southfield White

Quote from: FPT on December 15, 2016, 12:37:45 PM
How so? Is that because they are judged to have turned 18 in the previous season? To me, if you're 18, you're 18, but it's a weird one.
In this Country you are u18 if you have not turned 18 before 31st August.
So the footballing age group year goes from September 1st to the 31st August.
In Europe they go from January 1st to December 30th

Southfield White

Quote from: FPT on December 15, 2016, 12:37:45 PM
Basically you have to be u18 as this present season starts

RaySmith

I presume this will be shown on FFCTV.