Wednesday
Nottm Forest
0 - 0 Preston
QPR
0 - 1 Derby
Wigan
0 - 2 Newcastle

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic relieved after Fulham rally against Rotherham to close in on play-off places
Floyd Ayite scored third goal in two games to help Fulham come from behind
Rotherham United had taken 19th-minute lead through Joe Newell
Ayite and Stefan Johansen hit back for Craven Cottage outfit
Fulham now two points of play-offs but Rotherham 12 points from safety

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic was pleased his side passed a 'freaky' test against Rotherham.

The Cottagers were forced to come from behind against their rock-bottom opponents after Joe Newell's early opener was overturned by goals from Stefan Johansen and Floyd Ayite to give them a 2-1 win.

It could have been another goal glut, having fired in nine goals in their previous two games, but Chris Martin saw a penalty saved by Lewis Price and a host of other chances were squandered.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic looks on from his dugout with a smile during the match

Floyd Ayite of Fulham celebrates scoring his side's winning goal against Rotherham United

Ayite applies his 54th-minute finish to send Fulham within two points off the play-offs

Jokanovic's men had enough to get the job done, though, and saw his side move to within two points of the play-offs.
He was pleased with that, but was left wanting more.

'At the end of the day I have to happy,' he said. 'It was a freaky game for us on a Tuesday night against the bottom of the league, it was hard for us.

'When you get to the end of the game and only have a one-goal lead you get nervous because they can score easily.

'We made enough things and chances - we missed the penalty - to make the game easier for us. We didn't do it and if you don't do it you will suffer.

Joe Newell had fired Rotherham into a surprise lead at Craven Cottage in the 19th minute

Newell (second right) is congratulated by team mate Richard Wood (right) after scoring

Stefan Johansen celebrates scoring to make it 1-1 during the Sky Bet Championship match

'We played well in the second half, although I was a bit worried when we didn't get the third goal.

'It is not easy against the bottom team.'

The win moves Fulham closer to the top six and this looks like they year that the Cottagers might finally make a tilt at a return to the Premier League.

Jokanovic gives instructions to Kevin McDonald after the equalising goal at Craven Cottage

Chris Martin saw his late penalty for Fulham saved, but the Millers failed to take advantage

Lewis Price saves the penalty from Martin, which was awarded 14 minutes from time

But Jokanovic is not getting carried away.

He added: 'We take it step by step, I am not getting carried away by where we will finish.'

For Rotherham it was normal service resumed as it was a return to losing ways after a rare win against QPR on Saturday.

They were in the game in the first half, and deservedly took the lead, but ultimate they were not up to the challenge.

'We have worked hard with the lads, we knew they were a very good team,' caretaker Paul Warne said.

'I knew it was a hard ask. We prepared well, the lads believed they were going to get something out of the game, and I thought in the first 20 minutes we were really dangerous on the counter attack.

'We should have gone one up earlier than we did, but I also knew they would keep coming at us. I asked the lads to give me everything and they did.'

Johansen of Fulham wins possession as Rotherham ended the night 12 points off safety

Michael Madl is hoisted aloft by goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli at full-time in celebration

Johansen of Fulham gives a young fan his shirt at full time following the Cottagers' victory

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4031760/Slavisa-Jokanovic-relieved-Fulham-rally-against-Rotherham-two-points-Championship-play-places.html#ixzz4StGywf1v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Free UK Delivery

Today's 12 days of Christmas advent offer provides Fulham fans free UK delivery for 48 hours!

There's still time to purchase your Fulham gifts, so why not take advantage of our free delivery offer today and have your items arrive in time for Christmas.

Shop the store today where you'll find Kits, the New Era hat and cap range, Fulham Fashion items including the 3 in 1 jacket, Christmas jumpers, and stocking fillers perfect for Fulham supporters both young and old.

This offer is available until 5pm on Thursday 15th December - happy shopping!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/14/12-days-advent-9

WhiteJC

Fulham edge past Rotherham - what we learned last night in five vital points
Whites hit back after going a goal behind to skirt the fringes of the Championship play-offs

Back: Ryan Sessegnon

Fulham succeeded where 72 hours earlier west London rivals QPR failed in seeing off basement boys Rotherham last night.

Stefan Johansen and Floyd Ayite were the boys on target as they overturned an early deficit to win 2-1.

Here's our thoughts on the latest Cottage win.

It's never dull at Fulham
Slavisa Jokanovic has fostered a regime where players are comfortable on the ball and pleasing on the eye.

Yes, this was poor Rotherham facing them, and they almost overplayed at times, but there was a joy about their football.

Ryan Sessegnon continues to show huge promise
The teenager restored to the starting line-up showed quality and oodles of pace both going forward and when going back to defend.

The full-back is surely a massive talent, but whisper it quietly as Fulham want to keep him a little longer.

Goal: Stefan Johansen

Quality goals
A superb one-two for the first goal and good wing play and a poacher's finish for the second from Floyd Ayite were a joy to watch.

If the latter had scored at the end of the first half after outrageous trickery it would have been one for Whites' folklore.

There should have been more. But that is 20 for Fulham in the last seven games – one reason why the Cottagers have a better goal difference than all those around them.

A cracking atmosphere save one or two dissenting voices
At a time when the need for money means many clubs are going increasingly down the corporate route, Craven Cottage remains a smaller amphitheatre to the true fan, and it was rocking at times last night.

Inevitably there were isolated voices, even after the turnaround was completed, wanting more substance to go with the style on show.

Hard to please? Fulham fans

Still one or two worries
After conceding three in quick time in Saturday's draw at Wolves, Jokanovic's side could have been more than one in arrears in a shaky first 20 minutes.

Better sides than Rotherham would have punished a vulnerability suggesting there is still something of the Mr Hyde to exorcise from the team.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-edge-past-rotherham-what-12317855

WhiteJC

The Tim Ream Fulham to MLS transfer rumors
We're here again.

December is the season for holidays and transfer rumors. Here's another one that's been floating around for a few months:

This is not the first time we're hearing that American defender Tim Ream is considering leaving Fulham for Major League Soccer. In September, it was reported that he was on the radar "of several MLS team", and, despite being "very happy", would consider a move if his playing time did not improve.

Has Ream's playing time increased since September? The answer is a no-so-definitive "sort of". He went on a run of starts in the beginning of October, but since then he's made two starts in eight matches. The 29-year old is in the rotation, but he's not receiving the amount of playing time one needs to break into a national team.

Whether he should leave Fulham or not, Ream's representation poured cold water, threw a fire blanket, and sprayed a fire extinguisher all over this scorching rumour:

Ream is currently on a long-term deal with Fulham, one that runs through the summer of 2019. Based on his semi-regular inclusion in the squad, he's still a valued member of the club as it chases a spot in the Championship playoffs and potential promotion to the Premier League.

Ream was a fringe national team player under Jurgen Klinsmann, but that could change in the lead up to the 2018 World Cup. There's a new manager to impress — Bruce Arena — who brings his own set of requirements and biases. Of course, that's assuming a return to the national team is the end goal of this potential move.

For now, we have a rumor and a strong denial. Perhaps a move surfaces and perhaps it doesn't.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2016/12/14/13951352/fulham-transfer-rumors-tim-ream-mls

WhiteJC

Jokanović On Ayité

The goal scoring form of Floyd Ayité has come as no surprise to his Head Coach.

Ayité had impressed in the early stages of his Fulham career without finding the back of the net, but now has three goals in his last two appearances.

"He's not doing anything differently," Slaviša Jokanović explained. "He started the season very well, but he spent a month injured.

"We know he's a quality player, not only scoring goals, but also working very well. He's a player who is important right now, and he's going to be more important in the future.

"When I spoke with him before he wasn't especially happy because he wasn't scoring goals. Now it's good news for him.

"I think now he's going to start believing in himself more strongly, and that's good news for us too."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/14/slavisa-jokanovic-on-floyd-ayite

WhiteJC

Former Bristol Rovers player Barry Hayles believes non-league and Football League gap is shortening

Barry Hayles was picked from Stevenage Borough by Bristol Rovers, while Matty Taylor came from non-league and has since gone on to net over 60 goals in three seasons for the Pirates

Former Bristol Rovers striker Barry Hayles is adamant the gap between the football League and non-league is getting smaller – and believes there are plenty of players out there who could easily make the jump.

Hayles, who topped the scoring charts in Division Two in his first season for Rovers, was taken from the non-league game and signed by the Pirates from Stevenage Borough in 1997.

In contrast, Rovers plucked star forward Matty Taylor from the non-league game and he has since gone on to net over 65 goals in three seasons for the Pirates, and in the process has attracted attention from the likes of Celtic and a number of Championship sides.

Hayles, meanwhile, has been chatting with v2football.com about his time with Rovers and when asked if he thought the bridge between the pro game and non-league was shortening, he said: "I agree with that. There are a lot of players who can go into the Football League and hold their own – maybe some who can probably jump up a league or two.

"The gap is really small now and it shows a lot of teams are doing well and really pushing on."

Hayles earned a £2m move to Fulham after just a season with Rovers and later went on to play in the Premier League for the Cottagers.

Explaining more on his move to Rovers, he told the podcast: "It was jump on the fitness side of things but the manager who signed me guaranteed to get a team that would create chances and score goals.

"I think I scored on my debut and maybe in the next three or four games. I wouldn't say it was easy but I started off well in my few games at that level. I found I adjusted really well to it.

"I jumped up a couple of leagues to League One but when there is a good squad around you kind of fit in well. We had a good pre-season and it was a good time for me to make that change."

Hayles added: "It was a dream come true really. Coming from non-league and then winning League One – then going to the Championship - then getting to the Premier League was a highlight.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/barry-hayles-believes-non-league-and-football-league-gap-is-shortening-just-look-at-matty-taylor/story-29982511-detail/story.html#kx1RfMjhumVvwJpV.99

WhiteJC

IT'S DEFINITELY TIME FOR JOKANOVIC TO SAY BYE TO THESE 2 FULHAM PLAYERS IN JANUARY

Optimism is high around Craven Cottage given Fulham's strong start to the season, which has come as a surprise to most of the league and the Fulham fans, who were made to suffer last season.

Slavisa Jokanovic finally looks like he has implemented his style of play onto The Cottagers and this has vastly contributed to their success.

He has had the summer to bring his own personnel in and a full pre season to set out what he expects of his players.

AdTech Ad
The former Watford boss is now mid-way through his first full season in charge at Craven Cottage, and Fulham now seem to be reaping the rewards of sticking with a manager after having three managers in a little under two years.

January will be a big month for Jokanovic, to bring in some extra quality and ship out some of his fringe players to free up funds for other areas.

Here, are TWP players who Jokanovic needs to ship out in January.....

MATT SMITH

Fulham signed Smith back in 2014 from Leeds United but he saw himself almost immediately loaned out to Bristol City where he excelled, but he has struggled to recreate the form he found at Ashton Gate, at Craven Cottage.

Smith's record at Fulham isn't too impressive, the 6'6″ striker has only two goals this season in 15 appearances, not the goal scoring form you need your strikers to be in when you're pushing for promotion.

Smith could be a make weight in a deal for another striker, in an attempt to lure a clinical goal scorer.

SEAN KAVANAGH

Since arriving at Craven Cottage in the summer, Kavanagh has only made 21 first team appearances at Fulham.

Under Jokanovic this season, Kavanagh has only appeared twice, both in the EFL Cup.

The former Republic of Ireland U21 international can play anywhere down the left side but preferably at left back.

With Scott Malone in good form and the emergence of Ryan Sessegnon, Kavanagh is going to find first team opportunities extremely hard to come by.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-definitely-time-for-jokanovic-to-say-bye-to-these-2-fulham-players-in-january/

WhiteJC

LEE CLARK BELIEVES FULHAM COULD GO UP THIS SEASON

Fulham are among the play-off contenders in the Championship and have a great chance to strengthen their promotion credentials against Rotherham tonight.

They sit just three points outside the top six and are one of 12 teams separated by just 12 points below automatic promotion favourites Newcastle and Brighton.

A top-two finish may look unlikely but former Fulham midfielder Lee Clark believes the club are good enough to go up this season. Clark was at Fulham when they were promoted to the Premier League 15 years ago.

He admits the Championship is now more competitive than ever but, after struggling following their relegation from the top flight, he insists Fulham are ready to challenge for promotion under Slavisa Jokanovic.

"They look like they are getting back on track," said 44-year-old Clark, who is now manager of Kilmarnock.

"It was a tough period over the last couple of years with the club getting relegated.

They made themselves a Premier League club but one bad season gets you out and it is difficult to get back in.

I want to see them get back in the Premier League.

Maybe this season they can get into the play-offs, they certainly have the squad capable. But the Championship is relentless."

Fulham have battled against relegation in the two seasons since they dropped out of the Premier League, finishing 17th and 20th.

But there has been significant improvement under Jokanovic this term. He brought in 14 new players in the summer and his side are now much more competitive.

They are the third-highest scorers in the Championship and, despite the 4-4 draw at Wolves, have tightened up a defence that was the third worst in the second tier last season.

Fulham showed their battling qualities at Molineux to rescue a draw and against Rotherham coming back from an early goal to win have suffered just one defeat in seven.

Jokanovic took Watford up to the Premier League automatically two seasons ago and Clark believes his know-how could be key in the race for the play-offs.

"They have got a manager who is very experienced and who has been very successful in the Championship at Watford," he said.

"Hopefully the Premier League will not be too far away.

"They are set up for it with their infrastructure and academy."

Clark has fond memories of his six years at Fulham, where he won a First Division title in 2001 and finished ninth in the Premier League under Jean Tigana.

So does he think Fulham can get back to those heights?

"Once they are back in the Premier League, because of the status of the club, it is something I hope they can do," he said.

"To get into the Premier League and the way we got stronger and stronger.

At the time ninth was our highest finish.

I love going back there, I still keep in touch with people at the club and love the place."

Lee Clark's autobiography, Black or White — no Grey Areas, is out now

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/lee-clark-believes-fulham-could-go-up-this-season.aspx

WhiteJC

'Quality' Ayite hitting his stride, says Jokanovic
by DAN on DECEMBER 15, 2016

Floyd Ayite's sudden burst of goals hasn't come as a surprise to Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Togolese winger opened his club account with two fine headers at Wolves at the weekend – the second stooping header rescuing a point in injury-time after Fulham had blown a 3-1 lead – and then popped up with the winner against bottom of the table Rotherham at Craven Cottage. Jokanovic, who purchased Ayite from Bastia for a fee of around £1.7m, insisted the 27 year-old's success was never in doubt – but that his progress at Craven Cottage was hampered by an untimely injury.

He's not doing anything differently. He started the season very well, but he spent a month injured. We know he's a quality player, not only scoring goals, but also working very well. He's a player who is important right now, and he's going to be more important in the future.

When I spoke with him before he wasn't especially happy because he wasn't scoring goals. Now it's good news for him. I think now he's going to start believing in himself more strongly, and that's good news for us too.

At this rate, Fulham will sorely miss Ayite's predatory instincts when he departs for the African Cup of Nations with Togo in January.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/quality-ayite-hitting-his-stride-says-jokanovic/