https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Derby?

Started by J.Perkins, December 15, 2016, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Could the lad feature at some point?

"Stephen Humphrys‏ @HumphrysStevie
Looking forward to the game tomorrow against derby at the cottage! Big, Big day! @FulhamFC #FFC #COYW "
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

love4ffc

Quote from: EastEndWhite on December 16, 2016, 01:45:43 PM
Quote from: twang on December 16, 2016, 11:12:31 AM
As neither Smith, Woodrow nor Humphrys has got a look-in recently I can't see Jok starting with an out and out striker.

I think and, based on the circumstances, hope that this will be the lineup against Derby:

Button
Fredericks - Kalas - Madl - Malone
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Aluko - Piazon - Ayité

Subs: Betts, Sigurdsson, Odoi, Parker, Kebano, Humphrys, Smith

This would be a good starting lineup.  Humphrys is in the pictures of the training session at Motspur Park this morning so hopefully he'll make it into tomorrow's squad. 

Wonder if SK is over in London doing some Christmas shopping given how good the rate for the dollar against the pound is at the moment.  Hopefully someone is showing him some strikers?

Ok, I'm probably going to get some stick for this but.....I still wonder about Joka having an actual plan B.  Or perhaps it is more like a plan C.  Sure when we are sitting in a draw or up by one Joka has the option to bring in Scotty to shore up the mid-field, but I can't say I've really seen a true change in strategy for or during a game. 

I just went back and looked at each of this seasons fixtures.  Including the preseason Fulham have never played a 4-3-3.  We've only played 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 or what has now become or steady eddy 4-2-3-1.  So I would be surprised if now Joka up and went with a 4-3-3. 

Don't get me wrong I like the above line-up and think it could be exciting to watch as it has the potential to be very creative in the final third.  I just don't see it happening.  Instead I think Joka will either stay with a 4-2-3-1 or revert back to some sort of 4-4-2.   

My guess is Joka will start with some resemblance of one of these two.

Button
     Johansen   -   McDonald
Aluko   -   Cairney   -    Ayité     
                Smith

Or 

Button
Aluko - Cairney - McDonald - Ayite
               Piazon
               Smith
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Humphreys starts tomorrow.

Mince n Tatties

Reading between the lines of what he has said on twitter,I think he has been told so..

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2016, 06:54:10 PM
My prediction (and my own choice if were manager) would be an unchanged team except up front, and Sigurdsson in for Madl.

As for who plays up front I still have absolutely no idea whether it will be
Smith
or Piazon (possibly switching roles with Aluko or Ayite)
or, following today's events, Humphries...

but it would definitely be one of those three

Will be interesting to see at 2pm tomorrow!!!
0001.jpeg
Why change (formation) that is working?
I agree also re Sigurdsson.
I also agree that I'm not sure who I would go with upfront!
I'm not sure what Derbys defence is like and so leave this to Slavisa, whom I trust to get it right.
The only thing I can add is...
It would be great to see the young man upfront but it would be typical fulhamish for him to be a revelation only for Spuds to take him in Jan!!
Therefore, although it would be great to see the lad I would wait for after the window!

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2016, 06:54:10 PM
My prediction (and my own choice if were manager) would be an unchanged team except up front, and Sigurdsson in for Madl.

As for who plays up front I still have absolutely no idea whether it will be
Smith
or Piazon (possibly switching roles with Aluko or Ayite)
or, following today's events, Humphries...

but it would definitely be one of those three

Will be interesting to see at 2pm tomorrow!!!

Malone must start at left back, no two ways about it.