watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

They made me so proud today

Started by Riversider, December 17, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Despite the 5 nil wins we've had this season, today was the day that I thought, you know what, we can do this we can make the play offs,
Every single one of them fought like a Lion today, every single one showed how much it meant to wear the Fulham shirt and every single one of them showed that they are a collective and that they are 100 % behind Slavisa Jokanovic,
Any team, no matter whether it's Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd would be devastated to lose both centre half's in the first half, and it would have been easy for their heads to drop, but instead they puffed out their chests and took the game to Derby who were clinging on for dear life in the second half,
I'm concerned for Kalas as you could see his distress as he was led off as he could well be out for 4/6 weeks, this could well mean that we need a centre half in January now even more so if Sigurdsson is out for a while,
Magnificent point today in a game that we would certainly have lost under Symons and Magath,
Onwards and upwards now.

Mince n Tatties

And we would have won if we hadn't lost our centre backs.

F.luke

Fulham Tup North

Solid performance.  We were in the Play-Offs at one stage, but we are still within touching distance and as others have said, losing your Centre Backs and it is an up hill struggle.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Yes losing both centre backs is bad luck but it is a litte worrying that defensive mistakes leading to goals are creeping back into our game.
No doubt we were by far the better team and really deserved a win but of course it is goals that count.

Riversider

Would like to add that it would be oh so easy to moan about the second Derby goal but for various reasons we had no Kalas, no Sigurdsson and no Chris Martin to defend it, that it is one hell of a collective loss.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riversider on December 17, 2016, 07:05:33 PM
Would like to add that it would be oh so easy to moan about the second Derby goal but for various reasons we had no Kalas, no Sigurdsson and no Chris Martin to defend it, that it is one hell of a collective loss.

Are you my twin lol. I said exactly the same about their second goal and have the same attitude as your op. It's so frustrating that Leeds and Sheff Wed scored late winners because now it seems like two points dropped. But if I'm honest I feel it's a very good point.

Derby had won 7 in a row up until today and made me very nervous. I thought we deserved to win if anyone but they had a fear factor about them that I haven't really seen much this season.

On another day we would have won 5-0 again with a bit more luck but sometimes you don't get everything go your way and it's this character and hard work that is worth 15 points at the end of the campaign which could mean the difference between 6th and 10th.

Derby might be a good team but I don't think anyone works as hard as we do now pressing and fighting for every cause. With hindsight it's not games like today we need to be down about, it's the dropped points at Wolves. Add those 2 and we really mean business.

We need to see out the games where we are in control and I'd say Ipswich is probably a game we have to win now to keep the task relatively straight forward.

COYW! Proud of ya today!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bobbo

Me too very proud of the effort we outplayed Derby and will outplay most in our division.
Losing sigs and Kalas was a severe blow. Onwards and upwards lads.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

jarv

Long may it continue. I will be flying in at the end of January and will be at the Blackburn game. Possibly BurtonAlb a few days later. Unless all the trains are on strike of course.

Lighthouse

Derby player was saying that he was proud Derby got a point under heavy Fulham pressure and that Fulham were the best side they have played this season. Now for a team that has won 7 on the bounce that is good to hear.

I don't think we are there yet by any means. By that I mean play off contenders. Plus with injury problems maybe at the back going into the Christmas games. We are a little way off. But for the first time since we came down we are at least improving and looking like contenders. So yes we should feel proud but still a work in progress.But progress is what we are showing at last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope