watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky love affair with Villa

Started by MikeW, December 20, 2016, 09:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Between now and mid Feb, Villa are scheduled to televised 5 times.  I've lost count of how many times they been on already this  season.  Same happened in their Prem days.  Despite being mediocre they were always on.  Must be the schedulers favourite.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: MikeW on December 20, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
Between now and mid Feb, Villa are scheduled to televised 5 times.  I've lost count of how many times they been on already this  season.  Same happened in their Prem days.  Despite being mediocre they were always on.  Must be the schedulers favourite.

How many times are we due to be on?

Like your profile pic by the way - I'm a big fan

Grumpy Worthing White

Don`t think we are on TV until.........Domesday,unless some one can enlighten me.   :031:  :031:  :031:

MJG

Bigger fan base and just relegated PL team will always win out.
And while I know it makes up easier for fans to see games if it's on TV, but for those who go and the changes made to kick off times it's a pain in the arse.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2016, 09:18:37 AM
Bigger fan base

Leads to more advertising revenue and money is all Sky cares about.

MaidenheadMick

Could understand if they were playing entertaining football like us, but they're not. Scrappy 1-0 wins and boring draws are the order of their day.

RaySmith

TV money has made the game so rich, and continues to do so, while also killing it off as a traditional sport, perhaps, with no regard paying fans who travel miles to see their team. With no away fans there's little atmosphere.

That Cardiff game kick-off is an insult to Fulham fans -just shows complete disrespect to a 'smaller' club.

It's all about the green stuff for Sky, and Villa is seen as a big club, expected to challenge to get back to their rightful place in the Prem, while Fulham is.....

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Grumpy Worthing White on December 20, 2016, 09:14:10 AM
Don`t think we are on TV until.........Domesday,unless some one can enlighten me.   :031:  :031:  :031:

We are on SS1 on Sat 21 Jan KO at 12.30 pm.Versus QPR away.Agree though, Villa do seem to be on TV a hell of alot and they are mediocre at best.I think that as this is their first season in Championship and were one of the faves to go up the schedulers automatically decide to screen many of their games.

alexmur

Quote from: MikeW on December 20, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
Leeds are always on the TV as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alfie

Quote from: RaySmith on December 20, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
TV money has made the game so rich, and continues to do so, while also killing it off as a traditional sport, perhaps, with no regard paying fans who travel miles to see their team. With no away fans there's little atmosphere.

That Cardiff game kick-off is an insult to Fulham fans -just shows complete disrespect to a 'smaller' club.

It's all about the green stuff for Sky, and Villa is seen as a big club, expected to challenge to get back to their rightful place in the Prem, while Fulham is.....

Is it Sky's fault though, after all it is the FL and PL that agree the contracts and get vasts sums from SKY. SKY is a business and their priority is making money like any other business.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Neil D

I like to see the so-called big teams struggle in the Championship so Villa can stay where they are.  Pointless to say the same about Newcastle now. 

HatterDon

There are two big clubs in the Championship -- two BIG CLUBS -- and they're Aston Villa and Newcastle. It's a fact. Why would anyone expect Sky's focus to be anywhere else?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel