watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You can't make this up

Started by finnster01, August 24, 2010, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I won't be going to Blackpool as it is a bit of trek from NY but if I was still in London that would have been my number 1 day out.

Just to be nostalgic I looked up footballgroundguide.com to see which pubs they recommend. First of all, if you can't find a good pub in Blackpool you are most likely unable to find your arse from your elbow.

That site is usually very useful but here is what they have listed under where to drink:

"Nigel Richardson a visiting Hull City fan recommends the 'No 1 Bar, which is a Working Mens Club, that is adjacent to the away supporters entrance to the ground on Bloomfield Road. It was very welcoming and admits away fans for a small fee'. Steve Gardner a visiting Gillingham fan informs me; 'A good family pub close to the ground is the Waterloo in Waterloo Road - genuinely family friendly except in the games area. Clean, comfortable and friendly; Sky TV on large screens and reasonable, inexpensive food'. Whilst Paul Hunt a visiting Bristol City supporter adds; 'On our last two visits we have been to the 'Swift Hound' pub which is less than half a mile to the north of the ground in Festival Park, where there is is also an Odeon cinema and a Frankie and Bennys restaurant. The pub is of a fair size and is pleasant inside, with home and away fans mixing without problems. It also offers food. There are doormen but they are friendly enough. I wouldn't recommend parking there though as the car park is for cinema goers only'.

A short walk away (walk down Bloomfield Road towards the sea front and then turn right into Lytham Road and the pub is down on the right) is the CAMRA Good Beer Guide listed Old Bridge House. Steve Lumb adds; 'Another good pub is the Wetherspoons pub called the Auctioneer on Lytham Road, near Blackpool South Station. Its about 10 minutes walk to the ground and serves cheap beer and brilliant grub.' Otherwise there are plenty of pubs in Blackpool town centre to choose from."

First of all they are quoting a Hull fan, a Gillingham fan and a Bristol City fan. The Hull fan recommends a shitty pub at the stadium that charges an entrance fee for away fans only. The Gillingham fan recommends a friendly family pub...(I don't think they even have families in Gillingham, never mind the friendly bit) and the Bristol City fan recommends a pub that has a cinema and a Frankie & Benny's restaurant and surprisingly enough seemingly offers food...

Meanwhile, Blackpool is just one big fun pub downtown and is where to go. How far can you stick your head up your arse? I guess this explains why they support the clubs they do. Unbelievable  :011:   
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Dear Finn, I just want to know where your arse has been since it hasn't been on FoF lately.   :dft009:

finnster01

Mr Jack,

I have been a tad too busy for my liking and travelling a bit too so I have not had as much time to post but hopefully that will change and the world will be back to normal... I've been posting, but have been a bit infrequent I'll admit that. Just haven't had the chance mate. The old loaf of bread (head, for you Americans) has been elsewhere unfortunately, but the good news is the arse is not one of them.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead